Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah is also a good foul shooter and has a nice touch at 15 ft. He has tools.

He better be a good FT shooter, there's not a lot else going join there lets be honest!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I guess GM's ask themselves one question on 2nd rounders: Can this guy have a positive notice effect on the outcome of a game sometime in the future.

In Brimah's case, he is worth a shot.

Reaction Score
I hope he stays strong and doesn't hire an agent. This will be a good experience for him and hopefully helps his confidence when he comes back. He needs significantly more development to have a shot at the league.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It is only a week until he has to decide.
Come back AB! Work like hell and try again next year.

Reaction Score
ok - I'll bite. Is he finally going to Big Boy camp, or was this it???

Reaction Score
I guess GM's ask themselves one question on 2nd rounders: Can this guy have a positive notice effect on the outcome of a game sometime in the future.

In Brimah's case, he is worth a shot.

Not sure why he's worth a shot in the 2nd round yet unless you absolutely want him in Europe? He has no offense to speak of, hands aren't good and he doesn't rebound effectively in college and the guys in the next level are much stronger and are allowed to be even more physical he won't get near the basket. He needs all of next year in college to improve dramatically in those area's to be worth a shot for anyone.

Reaction Score
We have heard your opinion for 3 years now, we get it already. Maybe you should take your argument up with the Celtics, Lakers & Wolves? His shot blocking skills are at the NBA Level., which is why he is getting work outs. No one is calling him an NBA Star. Stop bashing Brimah. It's beyond annoying. Please stop!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We have heard your opinion for 3 years now, we get it already. Maybe you should take your argument up with the Celtics, Lakers & Wolves? His shot blocking skills are at the NBA Level., which is why he is getting work outs. No one is calling him an NBA Star. Stop bashing Brimah. It's beyond annoying. Please stop!

If he is getting tryouts based on shot blocking ability then I am puzzled with your posting. Christ there are guards in the NBA who can block the ball as well as AB. IF shot blocking is his only real forte (as I think it is), he won't even sniff the league.
AB, to me, has been one of the biggest disappointments in UConn basketball. After his freshman year I expected his offense, his footwork and his hands to improve proportionally each year plays. That has not come to fruition.
AB is a nice guy and seems to be a great teammate but not sure if he hasn't improved in the overall game if he deserves a lot of PT - let Enoch work on his game.
AB has been injured and hasn't played the game as long as others BUT the improvement is lacking so far - would LOVE to see him comeback a more complete player.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he is getting tryouts based on shot blocking ability then I am puzzled with your posting. Christ there are guards in the NBA who can block the ball as well as AB. IF shot blocking is his only real forte (as I think it is), he won't even sniff the league.
AB, to me, has been one of the biggest disappointments in UConn basketball. After his freshman year I expected his offense, his footwork and his hands to improve proportionally each year plays. That has not come to fruition.
AB is a nice guy and seems to be a great teammate but not sure if he hasn't improved in the overall game if he deserves a lot of PT - let Enoch work on his game.
AB has been injured and hasn't played the game as long as others BUT the improvement is lacking so far - would LOVE to see him comeback a more complete player.

AB has been the lowest rated recruit of Ollie's tenure and most likely would not have been recruited by UConn if not for the sanctions. He has outperformed expectations for a good number of us, and I think a lot of the frustration comes from people who did not see him for who he was initially and hastily compared him to Thabeet, a consensus 4-star guy with tons of P5 interest coming out of school.

Reaction Score

Amida Brimah, who had an RSCI ranking of #240(!), has been one of the biggest disappointments to you in UConn basketball. You post a lot of mindless nonsense but you've jumped the shark with this one, your login needs to be seized.

Reaction Score

I highly doubt NBA teams would waste time working Brimah out if they felt he blocked shots like a guard. There's not many NBA guards who've had nearly 300 blocks in their career, like Brimah has in 3 seasons (and he missed approx 11 games this season). Not sure why you think guards block a lot of shots in the NBA. If you want to get snarky, go attack those who said Brimah will never contribute & Facey would be our starting Center 4 years ago. We all want Brimah to come back, but he has 1 skill NBA teams likes. Doesn't make him a lottery pick but it makes him a potential NBA Player someday. The NBA has drafted lesser players.

Reaction Score
Brimah is a great Husky and by all reports a great team mate. I think a lot of people expected more from him because he was A) a tall center and B) a plus shot blocker. He is athletic and gives a lot of effort and helped us win a championship. I am glad we had him and hope we have him for one more year. I do hope Enoch gets more minutes however this upcoming season than he did in 2015 however because I'd like to see the team develop him. I think he could be a strong contributor for us with more experience.

Reaction Score

You know what's annoying, you. It's an opinion not that he didn't have a good year or improve after his sophomore year showed some hope, but that he isn't NBA ready or close based on the reasons I gave which are all true. You don't like it - don't read it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah, who had an RSCI ranking of #240(!), has been one of the biggest disappointments to you in UConn basketball. You post a lot of mindless nonsense but you've jumped the shark with this one, your login needs to be seized.
Thanks Ace have a great day
So much for an opinion
I don't care what/where he was rated when he came in
He hasn't improved to the point where I think he should be getting a look yet
I didn't bash him and like AB and hoping he comes back better
Sorry to insult your extreme basketball knowledge

Reaction Score
Thanks Ace have a great day
So much for an opinion
I don't care what/where he was rated when he came in
He hasn't improved to the point where I think he should be getting a look yet
I didn't bash him and like AB and hoping he comes back better
Sorry to insult your extreme basketball knowledge
You really think when you say guards in the NBA can block shots as well as him, and he's one of the biggest disappointments in UCONN basketball , that you're not bashing him? That's amazing.

Last edited:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah is 7ft and runs like a gazelle. He will never be a Chamberlain type player. But can he block shots and run the floor and play ten minutes a game?

Reaction Score
Brimah is 7ft and runs like a gazelle. He will never be a Chamberlain type player. But can he block shots and run the floor and play ten minutes a game?

If he can they will take a chance. But can he guard anyone on the interior in a physical league? I get what you're saying but in the NBA if you're out of position going to block shots when you shouldn't be there's a dunk waiting behind you. Can't just run out there and block shots only with those gifted players. Especially if not strong enough.

Listen hope he finds a way. It's hard to explain to the idiots who think everyone bashes him because you're not blowing smoke up his butt. But an extra year in college is much better for him than diving into uncharted waters without paddles. If he needs money and Europe is part of his thinking then fine more power to him. But even more than DHa,, he should stay it's that simple he's not close.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Amida better confirm he is coming back to school soon... I am starting to freak out a little... :eek:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Brimah is very much considering leaving, per source. Doesn't mean he will once it's set and done, but this has become much more than just "testing the waters."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Brimah is very much considering leaving, per source. Doesn't mean he will once it's set and done, but this has become much more than just "testing the waters."

I kind of figured. If he's getting this many looks from teams and still hasn't pulled his name out I thought me might be thinking of it.

Well, if he goes, that means Enoch will get plenty of time on the court next year. Will probably see Durham get a good amount of burn at the 5 if he doesn't redshirt.

Reaction Score
Relative to his recruiting ranking, Brimah has exceeded expectations, maybe even greatly.

Relative to his performance as a freshman, when he already appeared more athletic and better coordinated than Thabeet at the same point in his career, Brimah has been disappointing. He has not developed as expected.

I don't think those two views are contradictory.

Reaction Score
Relative to his recruiting ranking, Brimah has exceeded expectations, maybe even greatly.

Relative to his performance as a freshman, when he already appeared more athletic and better coordinated than Thabeet at the same point in his career, Brimah has been disappointing. He has not developed as expected.

I don't think those two views are contradictory.

Was he more athletic/coordinated that Frosh Thabeet? I mean I obviously remember HT falling down many, many times. Probably more than Brimah. But HT actually jumped when he rebounded and a few times did things that I don't think any 7-3 + player besides Ralph Sampson have ever done. Small sample size, but you get the point. I remember one alley-oop dunk against St. Johns where he elevated, caught, and dunked on the run that was literally incredible for someone his size. Even with his clumsiness Frosh year, I really thought HT could turn into a force. I was much more hesitant to give Amida that potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom