Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Workingout for the Celtics Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in DHam Brimah and Purvis for thinking they ready for the NBA and didn't do much in college to make the league and stay on a Team. I see these guys getting drafted but sent to the Samsung league and never getting more than 10 day contacts. Good luck to DHam and Brimah thought. Glad Purvis made the smart decision

Ill cut you some slack and assume you don't realize with the new rule changes you are able to declare, work out for teams but still return if you haven't hired an agent. Brimah still hasn't hired an agent and will very likely return as Purvis is.

Reaction Score
Ill cut you some slack and assume you don't realize with the new rule changes you are able to declare, work out for teams but still return if you haven't hired an agent. Brimah still hasn't hired an agent and will very likely return as Purvis is.

There really can't be a team interested in this guy at this point. He will be back.

Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if a team spent a low 2nd round on Brimah. He has potential and could use time in the D league. If nothing works out, he can make money in Europe for several years and make a good living if he does well. I just hope he finishes school amd gets a degree. No harm in following your dreams, you never know unless you go for it. Another year at Uconn would be good for us, but it may not be better for him, who knows. Best of luck to a good guy

Reaction Score
Good point and C's have 5 #2s, so they will either trade a bunch or use some on flyers like Brimah

I doubt teams with a single pick would consider him this year

Would not be surprised if a team spent a low 2nd round on Brimah. He has potential and could use time in the D league. If nothing works out, he can make money in Europe for several years and make a good living if he does well. I just hope he finishes school amd gets a degree. No harm in following your dreams, you never know unless you go for it. Another year at Uconn would be good for us, but it may not be better for him, who knows. Best of luck to a good guy

Reaction Score
Also need to consider age here. Brimah is 22 right now, will be 22.5 this summer. There are a finite number of years to make money playing professionally, whether it's the NBA or Europe. 22 years old seniors going on 23 need to consider that. Finishing a degree can always wait.

Reaction Score
Also need to consider age here. Brimah is 22 right now, will be 22.5 this summer. There are a finite number of years to make money playing professionally, whether it's the NBA or Europe. 22 years old seniors going on 23 need to consider that. Finishing a degree can always wait.
Counterpoint: Gorgui Dieng

By staying in and playing like a man amongst boys, he substantially improved his game and helped his draft stock.

Reaction Score
The hell is the Samsung league? God the woman's board breeds some real chuckleheads

Reaction Score
Counterpoint: Gorgui Dieng

By staying in and playing like a man amongst boys, he substantially improved his game and helped his draft stock.
Deng left after his junior year at age 23. His sophomore and junior seasons were almost statistically identical.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Deng left after his junior year at age 23. His sophomore and junior seasons were almost statistically identical.
You're talking about the starting center who averaged 9 and 9 for two straight seasons, one of which was a championship winning team. We're talking about a guy who averaged 9 and 4.5, then dropped to 6.5 and 4.5 on a team that never came close.

This is good for Amidah - hopefully it brightens him up and gives him an idea on what to work on for the 2015-2016 college basketball season. Hopefully he can put 5 months of hard work in and make a 180 with his offensive game.

Reaction Score
No, they weren't. He improved his defensive rebound rate by 20%, nearly doubled his assist rate, and upped his usage rate while lowering his turnover %, and getting to the line nearly 25% more often.

Advanced stats always loved him defensively. After his third year they loved him offensively as well.

Reaction Score
Yes I do know the rules but that has nothing to do with him even thinking he's near ready

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Yes I do know the rules but that has nothing to do with him even thinking he's near ready
Now you know what he's thinking? If I were a collegiate athlete and I was allowed to go work out with a professional staff and be told where I can improve my game to be more draftable, why the hell shouldn't I? Can you give any good reasons?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Fans of the women's game have no concept of someone wanting to pay you real money to play the game you love.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Fans of the women's game have no concept of someone wanting to pay you real money to play the game you love.
Take a look at what Taurasi and some of the others make playing overseas. They know real money.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah, right.....give us the percentage of those who do!
Many don't have to because they're millionaires. Some kids leave early, they screw up. But if you get drafted into the NBA, you shouldn't need a college degree.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If Ainge has five second round picks, I can see him making Brimah a 2nd round promise. Why let Brimah go back to UConn and have a great senior year? Better he signs him and tries to coach him up for two/ three years. What would it cost the Celts? A few hundred grand for a possible elite shot blocker.

Reaction Score
Ainge has been looking for a shot blocking Center for several years or more. With the Celtics several 2nd round picks, he might offer Brimah a promise to be drafted, but it won't mean anything unless he makes the team. I'd love to see him on the Celtics, but I don't think Stevens is looking for a player like Brimah any time soon. Stevens seems to like multi dimensional players in the front court (4/5), who can shoot & spread the floor. ie, Olynyk, Jerebko, Sullinger. Amir Johnson is their closest comp to Brimah. Maybe Zeller, but he gets sporadic minutes. I just don't want to see Brimah in a DeAndre Daniels situation, 2nd round pick stashed away who they hold onto too long, with no legit shot at making their roster. I think Brimah is a smart kid & doing his research. I'd not be surprised if Ollie suggested him to test this out. I am hoping Brimah makes the right choice & comes back. Brimah is my guy! Love him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom