Amida Brimah playing for Bulls in Summer League | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah playing for Bulls in Summer League

Reaction Score
GTH...I never said he wasn't that good in the pros. You need a lesson in reading comprehension. Lol
No you just said a guy who retired 5 years earlier helped him win those games in LA. Did you hear that Kemba wouldn't have won that 2011 title without the help of Rip Hamilton?

i don't need to tell you how stupid your points are, 10 other posters have handled that already.

Reaction Score
No you just said a guy who retired 5 years earlier helped him win those games in LA. Did you hear that Kemba wouldn't have won that 2011 title without the help of Rip Hamilton?

i don't need to tell you how stupid your points are, 10 other posters have handled that already.
GTH...dw

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Shaq wasn't overrated in college.

Oh, my lord.

He was unstoppable.

Those LSU teams were garbage. Vernal Jackson, or whatever his name was, was pretty good, but the guards were dogs.

Reaction Score
I remember a photo of Manute Bol when he was at the U of Bridgeport. He was walking down the aisles of a grocery store with a cart crammed full of groceries. That never did anything for him.

ed9bbaf94f4f3e68ee63b9e248746999--manute-bol-funniest-photos.jpg

Reaction Score
I am an adult with a college degree so I don't speak in acrynoms so I have no idea what that means.
Then try and debate my original point instead of pouncing on an oversight on my part because it's the only thing you have. As I said u can GTH...dw.

Reaction Score
Shaq wasn't overrated in college.

Oh, my lord.

He was unstoppable.

Those LSU teams were garbage. Vernal Jackson, or whatever his name was, was pretty good, but the guards were dogs.
Yeah but 30 losses in three years and never getting past the first round in the NCAA's. He couldn't put a team on his back like Manning could or Ralph Sampson could. He wasn't able to make his teammates better like others could, like Magic at Michigan State, IMO.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Shaq actually left LSU after his junior year with Dale Brown's blessing because he was so dominant that other teams resorted to trying to injure him to get him out of the games. Brown was genuinely concerned that some goon from another team was going to end his career prematurely.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yeah but 30 losses in three years and never getting past the first round in the NCAA's. He couldn't put a team on his back like Manning could or Ralph Sampson could. He wasn't able to make his teammates better like others could, like Magic at Michigan State, IMO.

Ralph Sampson never played in a Final Four during his four year career at UVA. It's hard to figure how he put any team on his back and took them anywhere. He also played on a Virginia team that inexplicably lost to Chaminade in the Maui tournament. Ironically, the year after Sampson graduated, UVA did make it to the Final Four in 1984. They lost to Houston in the semis. I guess Sampson put that team on his back figuratively.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He took human garbage to the NCAA tournament. He scored 27 points against UConn in the NCAA tournament despite Calhoun sending double and trip-teams to him every time he touched the ball. (O'Neal also sat out the two weeks before that game because he broke his freaking leg.)

There were four saddles on him every single night. Don't even think of comparing Kansas, Virginia or Michigan State to those LSU teams - those teams were championship teams. LSU had TJ Pugh, the kid from Spain no one else wanted and Vern Jackson. That's not even an NIT team without O'Neal.

And the year they almost had a decent roster...half the team was on cocaine.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ralph Sampson never played in a Final Four during his four year career at UVA. It's hard to figure how he put any team on his back and took them anywhere. He also played on a Virginia team that inexplicably lost to Chaminade in the Maui tournament. Ironically, the year after Sampson graduated, UVA did make it to the Final Four in 1984. They lost to Houston in the semis. I guess Sampson put that team on his back figuratively.

Yes, he did.

You only had to win three games to get the Final Four back then - Virginia got smoked by UNC, but then won the consolation game. Sampson was no factor against UNC.

Reaction Score
He took human garbage to the NCAA tournament. He scored 27 points against UConn in the NCAA tournament despite Calhoun sending double and trip-teams to him every time he touched the ball. (O'Neal also sat out the two weeks before that game because he broke his freaking leg.)

There were four saddles on him every single night. Don't even think of comparing Kansas, Virginia or Michigan State to those LSU teams - those teams were championship teams. LSU had TJ Pugh, the kid from Spain no one else wanted and Vern Jackson. That's not even an NIT team without O'Neal.
This. It takes a village to build an idiot.

Reaction Score
How old are you? Just curious if you saw Shaq play while he was in college.

pj

Reaction Score
I just think he was over rated in college, and what LSU did in his three years there backs that up. I do think, back to my original point that he improved a lot like most big men do once they make it to the pros. I wouldn't go as far as Charles Barkley does saying he's always sucked, that being said Kobe and Magic do deserve some credit for the dominance of the Lakers during those years.

As for LSU's performance reflecting on Shaq, reflect that (a) LSU was coached by Dale Brown, (b) Markelle Fultz only carried Washington to 9 wins, and (c) centers need others to get them the ball. College is a guard's game.

Reaction Score
Shaq Threatens to Punch Charles Barkley in the Face on Live TV

Yes I did, loved college basketball back in those days. IMO Shaq was overated in college but improved his skills a lot once he made it to the NBA.

Shaq was ungaurdable in college. Teams would literally pack 3 or 4 guys in the paint and dare his teammates to score. Chris Jackson and Stanley Roberts were the only good teammates during his LSU days and he was a freshman.

Reaction Score
Today on the Boneyard I learned that a guy who averaged 28 points and 15 rebounds while winning the AP and SEC POTY awards was overrated.

I can't wait for tomorrow's learning.
Well in another thread I pointed out that someone could post water is wet on here and someone would argue against that. Here's another example of that.

Reaction Score
Shaq Threatens to Punch Charles Barkley in the Face on Live TV

Yes I did, loved college basketball back in those days. IMO Shaq was overated in college but improved his skills a lot once he made it to the NBA.
Imagine how bad Shaq's record in college would have been if he did not have Pete Maravich to carry those LSU teams.

Saying a 2 time 1st team AA, 2 time SEC POY, National Player of the Year, member of the CBB Hall of Fame, and a guy who at 18 years old (in a time when he was playing against guys who were 22 years old) averaged 27.6 PPG and 14.6 RPG "sucked" in college is really Skip Bayless/JSM esq, I almost have to respect it.

Reaction Score
How old are you? Just curious if you saw Shaq play while he was in college.

I had the same question. His posts have to be the result of at least one of the following:

1) Not more than 30 years old and never saw any of the games he is talking about
2) Master Level Troll
3) Over 30 years old, but only recently a fan of basketball.

No crime in any of the above (though trolling is sad).

The Shaq rode Kobe's coattails combined with "Shaq was ok in college"....all you can say is wow.

After I realized I couldn't cut it as an athlete in college (didn't take long) I got involved with our intramural department as a student supervisor and ref. Our director had a recently retired ref from the SEC conduct our basketball officiating clinic. He sat with my boss and a few of us after the clinic. He said they all hated officiating Shaq's games. We all looked puzzled and someone asked "why?" He said there is no good way to officiate him, but you knew those games are the most likely to be on t.v. or covered by the press. Either we penalize him for simply being bigger, stronger, and more agile than other centers, or we let him play free and destroy the other team. He said "I have never seen anyone like him before."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hahahahaha.. Shaq was the most dominating big man of all time. Rode kobe's coat tails .. lord you need to watch some tapes
The guy was not overrated in college BUT he is also not the most dominating big man of all time.
That belongs to either Wilt or Bill Russell - hands down I would also rate Kareem higher and perhaps Hakeem
Both he and Kobe took advantage of each others talents

Reaction Score
Sam Cassell Jr is playing with the Cavs summer league team. Purvis has yet to find a spot.

Reaction Score
Sam Cassell Jr is playing with the Cavs summer league team. Purvis has yet to find a spot.
Cassell Jr making a summer team will confuse me for the rest of my life. Kid was an inefficient scorer in the MAAC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom