Amida Brimah playing for Bulls in Summer League | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah playing for Bulls in Summer League

Reaction Score
what's the over-under on him developing a three-point shot and becoming a new-generation three-and-d big?

we had been hearing about a a 15-foot jump shot that never really materialized in college, but you never know, right?
Wouldn't be the first time a so-so big man in college blossomed in the NBA. Ron Seikaly, Bill Wennington, Kevin McHale, Dikembe Motumbo. All those guys improved dramatically with the jump to the pros. Granted they were all first rounders, but nonetheless they improved a lot over college. The point I'm making is AB though far from a first rounder, can show a marked improvement with the right team. The biggest one of all was Shack, he was ok in college at LSU, but became a beast in the NBA. I remember when we played LSU and Shack was a Soph, we played them on their home court and Rod Sellers more than held his own against Shack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The biggest one of all was Shack, he was ok in college at LSU, but became a beast in the NBA. I remember when we played LSU on their home court and Rod Sellers more than held his own against Shack.
He was just a tad bit more than "ok" in college! LOL. He averaged 27.6 ppg and 14.7 rpg his sophomore year and 24.1 ppg and 14 rpg his junior year. I wonder how many players have had back to back seasons like that in the history of college basketball. What exactly is better than "ok" in your mind?

Shaquille O'Neal College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He was just a tad bit more than "ok" in college! LOL. He averaged 27.6 ppg and 14.7 rpg his sophomore year and 24.1 ppg and 14 rpg his junior year. I wonder how many players have had back to back seasons like that in the history of college basketball. What exactly is better than "ok" in your mind?

Read my post, I go on to say that all those guys I mentioned were drafted in the 1st round, my point was that big men usually improve a lot if they have the right tools compared to guards and small forwards making the jump to the pros. So in that respect there might be hope for AB. Maybe "so-so" was a bad choice of words.

Reaction Score

The mere idea of Shaq playing in college for three years is preposterous. No wonder college basketball is an entirely different sport than it was - this guy was quite possibly the most physically dominant player to ever lace them up and he played in college for three years.

Reaction Score
We doubled Shaq all night. JC was a master gameplanner. Sellers couldn't handle him by himself.

Reaction Score
The mere idea of Shaq playing in college for three years is preposterous. No wonder college basketball is an entirely different sport than it was - this guy was quite possibly the most physically dominant player to ever lace them up and he played in college for three years.
Was he dominant in the pro's? Yes, but even there maybe Barkley has a point that he rode Kobe's coat tails. In college though for all the adulation, he sucked. I don't give a s*** how many points he scored or which NBA scouts were drooling over him. 30 losses in the three years he played at LSU speaks volumes, and never making it past the first round in NCAA's speaks more. Dominance my a**. Uconn and Rod Sellers were big time underdogs in the NCAA's in 1991 against LSU, UCONN blew them out by 25 points and Sellers had a double.double against your most "physically dominant player to ever lace them up". Lol, and u and HS can kma.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was he dominant in the pro's? Yes, but even there maybe Barkley has a point that he rode Kobe's coat tails. In college though for all the adulation, he sucked. I don't give a s*** how many points he scored or which NBA scouts were drooling over him. 30 losses in the three years he played at LSU speaks volumes, and never making it past the first round in NCAA's speaks more. UConn and Rod Sellers were big time underdogs in the NCAA's in 1991 against LSU, UConn blew them out by 25 points and Sellers had a double.double against your most "physically dominant player to ever lace them up". Lol, and u can kma.

I don't understand why you are responding aggressively towards that comment. And you are wrong, by a lot. Sucked!!!!!!! That takes the cake right there.

Reaction Score
Was he dominant in the pro's? Yes, but even there maybe Barkley has a point that he rode Kobe's coat tails. In college though for all the adulation, he sucked. I don't give a s*** how many points he scored or which NBA scouts were drooling over him. 30 losses in the three years he played at LSU speaks volumes, and never making it past the first round in NCAA's speaks more. Dominance my a**. UConn and Rod Sellers were big time underdogs in the NCAA's in 1991 against LSU, UConn blew them out by 25 points and Sellers had a double.double against your most "physically dominant player to ever lace them up". Lol, and u and HS can kma.
Hahahahaha.. Shaq was the most dominating big man of all time. Rode kobe's coat tails .. lord you need to watch some tapes

Reaction Score
I don't understand why you are responding aggressively towards that comment. And you are wrong, by a lot. Sucked!!!!!!! That takes the cake right there.
I just think he was over rated in college, and what LSU did in his three years there backs that up. I do think, back to my original point that he improved a lot like most big men do once they make it to the pros. I wouldn't go as far as Charles Barkley does saying he's always sucked, that being said Kobe and Magic do deserve some credit for the dominance of the Lakers during those years.

Reaction Score
I just think he was over rated in college, and what LSU did in his three years there backs that up. I do think, back to my original point that he improved a lot like most big men do once they make it to the pros. I wouldn't go as far as Charles Barkley does saying he's always sucked, that being said Kobe and Magic do deserve some credit for the dominance of the Lakers during those years.
Shaq and Magic never played together in LA. And sadly that is not the dumbest part of your post.

Reaction Score
Shaq and Magic never played together in LA. And sadly that is not the dumbest part of your post.
My bad you're right, Magic had already retired. What's the dumbest part, genius? If you can't honestly debate my point just S T F ......up

Reaction Score
Was he dominant in the pro's? Yes, but even there maybe Barkley has a point that he rode Kobe's coat tails. In college though for all the adulation, he sucked. I don't give a s*** how many points he scored or which NBA scouts were drooling over him. 30 losses in the three years he played at LSU speaks volumes, and never making it past the first round in NCAA's speaks more. Dominance my a**. UConn and Rod Sellers were big time underdogs in the NCAA's in 1991 against LSU, UConn blew them out by 25 points and Sellers had a double.double against your most "physically dominant player to ever lace them up". Lol, and u and HS can kma.

I thought for like five minutes about how to respond to this post and just didn't know where to start. You've flummoxed me.

Reaction Score
Few great players win by themselves. You hope you get three or more great players and they all happily ride each others coattails all the way to championships. UConn won the 1991 game by 17 points. I checked the box score because I can't remember all the details of that game even though I remember watching it. I watched it out somewhere. I think I was at Ted's actually. I believe I was a junior. It would explain the memory loss. Shaq had 27 points and 10 rebounds. No one else on LSU scored in double figures. They had a pretty poor backcourt if I remember right. UConn had three players in double figures and had some talent on the team. Chris Smith, Burrell, Sellers, Gwynn...Sellers had 13 points and 10 boards. I love Sellers as a player but they doubled and collapsed on Shaq on D all night. And he still had 27 points and 10 rebounds. The rest of his team just didn't show up.

Reaction Score
I thought for like five minutes about how to respond to this post and just didn't know where to start. You've flummoxed me.
Oh give up dimbulb. Do you honestly think he was the most dominant college basketball center ever??? His team lost 30 games in three fng years and never did squat in the postseason. Was he better than Jabbar at UCLA, Bill Walton at UCLA, Ewing at Georgetown, Danny Manning at Kansas, Ralph Sampson at Virginia?

Reaction Score
Few great players win by themselves. You hope you get three or more great players and they all happily ride each others coattails all the way to championships. UConn won the 1991 game by 17 points. I checked the box score because I can't remember all the details of that game even though I remember watching it. I watched it out somewhere. I think I was at Ted's actually. I believe I was a junior. It would explain the memory loss. Shaq had 27 points and 10 rebounds. No one else on LSU scored in double figures. They had a pretty poor backcourt if I remember right. UConn had three players in double figures and had some talent on the team. Chris Smith, Burrell, Sellers, Gwynn...Sellers had 13 points and 10 boards. I love Sellers as a player but they doubled and collapsed on Shaq on D all night. And he still had 27 points and 10 rebounds. The rest of his team just didn't show up.
So much for one great player making his teammates better. Lol. I guess no one thought to teach him how to kick the ball out to the perimeter when they doubled him until the NBA.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I remember that game very well. Even though they were a 6 seed and we were an 11, that game was being picked by a lot of pundits prior to the tournament as a likely upset. LSU had a guard named Singleton, I believe, but not much else other than Shaq. The result wasn't considered much of a surprise. We went on to beat Xavier, and we lost in the Sweet 16 at The Palace in Auburn Hills, the night Sellers slammed Laettner's head into the floor.

Reaction Score
My bad you're right, Magic had already retired. What's the dumbest part, genius? If you can't honestly debate my point just S T F .up
Try to put a complete sentence together telling me why Shaq wasn't that good in the pros and I will tell why it's idiotic. It's impossible to put together an educated reply to someone who said the Lakers won when Shaq was there because of Magic (his last full season was '91 Shaq came in '96 so laughable comment) and that he didn't suck as much as Barkley said he did. Those are not actual intelligent arguments to support your opinion.

Reaction Score
Try to put a complete sentence together telling me why Shaq wasn't that good in the pros and I will tell why it's idiotic. It's impossible to put together an educated reply to someone who said the Lakers won when Shaq was there because of Magic (his last full season was '91 Shaq came in '96 so laughable comment) and that he didn't suck as much as Barkley said he did. Those are not actual intelligent arguments to support your opinion.
GTH...I never said he wasn't that good in the pros. You need a lesson in reading comprehension. Lol

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
My bad you're right, Magic had already retired. What's the dumbest part, genius? If you can't honestly debate my point just S T F .up

It's difficult to have a rational, intelligent discussion with somebody who thinks Magic played with Shaq, and then thinks a poster who points out this error should STF U.

Reaction Score
Oh give up dimbulb. Do you honestly think he was the most dominant college basketball center ever??? His team lost 30 games in three fng years and never did squat in the postseason. Was he better than Jabbar at UCLA, Bill Walton at UCLA, Ewing at Georgetown, Danny Manning at Kansas, Ralph Sampson at Virginia?

You are spreading yourself too thin here. You didn't start at a good point and you are now drowning. Champs never even said he was the most dominant COLLEGE center ever. That wasn't even his point. And now you are going on about other folks reading comprehension

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom