Americans Abroad | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
Hyndman has been solid for Rangers. A good center mid who scores? USMNT doesn't need any of that.

Haven't seen him play there yet, and will happily take your word for it, but Scottish Premier League isn't a step up from MLS, or even the Championship. I'm just not sure how much you've learned from that. He'd be someone I'd happily give a shot to in Gold Cup, but I'd play Klejstan or even Dax this week and have more confidence.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen him play there yet, and will happily take your word for it, but Scottish Premier League isn't a step up from MLS, or even the Championship. I'm just not sure how much you've learned from that. He'd be someone I'd happily give a shot to in Gold Cup, but I'd play Klejstan or even Dax this week and have more confidence.

Dax is a defensive midfielder though and not a playmaker, or a goal scorer. Dax really shouldn't even be in the 23.

Reaction Score
Dax is a defensive midfielder though and not a playmaker, or a goal scorer. Dax really shouldn't even be in the 23.

I agree that Dax and Hyndman are not like for like. But I'd still be more comfortable with Dax sitting back and other midfielders going forward more than Hyndman.

Reaction Score
Pulisic with an assist to Reus in the 3rd minute for Dortmund v. Eitnracht Frankfurt. He's looked sharp early. Dortmund is playing him up top with Reus and Aubameyang.

Reaction Score
Pulisic with an assist to Reus in the 3rd minute for Dortmund v. Eitnracht Frankfurt. He's looked sharp early. Dortmund is playing him up top with Reus and Aubameyang.

He was chasing one of those lost causes and somehow beat the keeper to the ball and then immediately knew to find Reus. Reus' finish was a piece of work in and of itself, but Reus was pointing at Pulisic like it was all him. It kind of was.

Eric Wynalda is right, Pulisic is better when Dembele isn't on the field.

Reaction Score
Didn't see it, but read Hyndman with an assist for Rangers 2-0 win.

And in other news...Brooks scored the only goal in Mainz v Berlin, unfortunately it was an own goal in their 1-0 loss.

Reaction Score
Didn't see it, but read Hyndman with an assist for Rangers 2-0 win.

And in other news...Brooks scored the only goal in Mainz v Berlin, unfortunately it was an own goal in their 1-0 loss.

Rangers are trying to buy him now.

Reaction Score
Timmy Chandler with an early assist for Frankfurt v M'gladbach in a German Cup semi-final going on right now.

Reaction Score
form a week ago, but... John Brooks injured his hip (either a strain or a tare), probably out for the remainder of the Bundesliga season, and doubtful he'll be back for the qualifiers this summer.
LINK
"...The German club didn’t offer a timeline for Brooks’ recovery which throws into doubt his availability for the USMNT this summer...:

Reaction Score
Miazga went 90 for his club over the weekend. He should be a Gold Cup starter

Reaction Score
Guzan getting killed in the UK on social after allowing 3 goals, all between his legs, in loss to Chelsea. LINK

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Guzan getting killed in the UK on social after allowing 3 goals, all between his legs, in loss to Chelsea. LINK
He was pathetic. He's even too washed up for MLS.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pulisic drew a late penalty that insured a 3rd place finish for Dortmund. And Bobby Wood's Hamburg team scored late to avoid relegation.

Reaction Score
The environment for the Hamburg v Wolfsburg game was insane. It was pretty much a playoff to avoid the relegation playoff. That late goal was worth a lot of money.

I had no idea that Hamburg is the only club in Germany never to have been relegated from the top league... ever.

Reaction Score
form a week ago, but... John Brooks injured his hip (either a strain or a tare), probably out for the remainder of the Bundesliga season, and doubtful he'll be back for the qualifiers this summer.
LINK
"...The German club didn’t offer a timeline for Brooks’ recovery which throws into doubt his availability for the USMNT this summer...:

Brooks was back Saturday against Leverkusen. Apparently did not play that well - he was substituted out at halftime. Hertha lost 2-6.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The environment for the Hamburg v Wolfsburg game was insane. It was pretty much a playoff to avoid the relegation playoff. That late goal was worth a lot of money.

I had no idea that Hamburg is the only club in Germany never to have been relegated from the top league... ever.
And Wolfsburg was 2nd in the league just 2 seasons ago.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom