Americans Abroad

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by ZooCougar, Jan 26, 2016.

1. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Dortmund played Pulisic as a Forward, up top with Aubamayang (sp?), who had a hat trick. Think he won't be begging for that formation with Pulisic again?

2. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

That's normally where he plays, in the front line with two other forwards. He also plays both sides equally well. Sometimes he even drifts into the center.

3. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

ETSA likes this.
  4. ETSA

ETSA

Bobby Wood, celebrating his go-ahead (and ultimately winning) goal today at home in Hamburg against Mönchengladbach.

[​IMG]

5. ETSA

ETSA

Pulisic scores in the German Cup quarter final against 3rd division Lotte. It was scoreless until the 57th minute when Pulisic, according to the ticker, "tunneled" a shot in from and sharp angle. I couldn't find a live video - so checking in the ticker. They're playing on a neutral field in Osnabrück because of field conditions in Lotte. OK now Andre Schürrle scored also. Next up Bayern Munich in the semis.

Edited to add that Pulisic was described as the best player on the field, always pushing forward.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    ZooCougar likes this.
  6. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

I heard he nutmegged the keeper.

ETSA likes this.
  7. ETSA

ETSA

Learned today that "tunneln" is not just a cognate for "to tunnel", but also on the Fußball pitch means "to nutmeg"!

8. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Arena supoosedly will play Pulisic as a central midfielder, as well as use him on the wing. He's going to speak with him about it when he comes in for the USMNT practices in a week. They'll be interviewing him (Arena) tomorrow, before the City game on FS1 ore-game show where he plans to announce the US roster for the upcoming qualifiers.

UConnDan97 and ETSA like this.
  9. Excalibur

Excalibur

If he moves Pulisic off the wing he's a fool.

ZooCougar and UConnDan97 like this.
  10. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Klinnsy did the same thing with Pulisic and he got pilloried for it. Double standards by the MLS Garber knob gobbling media perhaps?

Pulisic is a winger right now. If you use him centrally then we will have winger starting in the middle and we'll be down a great winger. This is dumb as hell.

11. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Fireable offense.

12. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

13. ETSA

ETSA

I only know that he is still assigned to Bayern's U19 team. They play in a league made up of the youth academies of professional teams in the south and southwest of Germany. Tillman is considered an offensive midfielder. Just last year Christian Pulisic was often playing at this level.

14. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Hyndman scored for Rangers, and Brooks scored for Hertha Berlin today.

15. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Hyndman has been solid for Rangers. A good center mid who scores? USMNT doesn't need any of that.

SAMCRO likes this.
  16. businesslawyer

businesslawyer

Haven't seen him play there yet, and will happily take your word for it, but Scottish Premier League isn't a step up from MLS, or even the Championship. I'm just not sure how much you've learned from that. He'd be someone I'd happily give a shot to in Gold Cup, but I'd play Klejstan or even Dax this week and have more confidence.

17. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Dax is a defensive midfielder though and not a playmaker, or a goal scorer. Dax really shouldn't even be in the 23.

18. businesslawyer

businesslawyer

I agree that Dax and Hyndman are not like for like. But I'd still be more comfortable with Dax sitting back and other midfielders going forward more than Hyndman.