AMA, Terrell and Chukwu to PC says John Rooke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AMA, Terrell and Chukwu to PC says John Rooke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm lame. Kind of. Nursing ripped gastrocnemius. Definitely an old fart. That sign doesn't bother me one bit. Kids didn't even make it. Expressions Elite made it. Probably encouraged the kids to make the dual announcement. Even if Terrell and Abu created the idea and poster still wouldn't bother me.

Categorizing uptight individuals as lame old farts.......now that I resent. We should not be stereotyped!!!!

Reaction Score
BSdUfKJCEAAG4vt.jpg:large

I couldn't figure out why they'd be announcing together unless they were going to choose the same school, but the poster strongly suggests they're probably doing the September 7 thing as a favor to their AAU coach. I think that's good news.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm lame. Kind of. Nursing ripped gastrocnemius. Definitely an old fart. That sign doesn't bother me one bit. Kids didn't even make it. Expressions Elite made it. Probably encouraged the kids to make the dual announcement. Even if Terrell and Abu created the idea and poster still wouldn't bother me.

Categorizing uptight individuals as lame old farts.......now that I resent. We should not be stereotyped!!!!

That does make you lame, I would guess....ouch! Get healed up soon, have to be able to jump up when the Huskies are playing. Yell at Boat for making boneheaded plays, stuff like that ;)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That does make you lame, I would guess....ouch! Get healed up soon, have to be able to jump up when the Huskies are playing. Yell at Boat for making boneheaded plays, stuff like that ;)
I keep thinking I'm in my twenties instead of being an old fart. At the baseline and somebody hits a drop shot just over the net. I anticipated the shot and would have gotten it if the old muscles went where the mind told them to go. And they say the mind is the first to go! :) I'm doing better. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I keep thinking I'm in my twenties instead of being an old fart. At the baseline and somebody hits a drop shot just over the net. I anticipated the shot and would have gotten it if the old muscles went where the mind told them to go. And they say the mind is the first to go! :) I'm doing better. Thanks.

fleudy, I get what you're saying. I got out of my golf cart yesterday with a beer in my hand to go to the tee and kind of turned my ankle in a hidden below ground sprinkler head (can you imagine if I spilled any of my beer?)...........LOL.........oh damn you were actually moving I'm sorry bad comparison!! ;)..........although on occasion I do try to drink like I'm in my twenties!!

Get better pal.......

Reaction Score
Rooke is the radio announcer for PC hoops; so take his prediction with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
The whole ad/poster thing for Abu and Terrell is completely by their AAU program. They are trying to hype it up to make it seem like a huge announcement. The kids aren't coming up with this stuff. Don't hate on them for this.

Reaction Score
Rooke is the radio announcer for PC hoops; so take his prediction with a grain of salt

Providence is at a crossroads in terms of recruiting and elevating its basketball program. If you whiff on the Chukwu/Abu tandem despite all of Ed's hard work serious pessimism will be the theme in Providence. As of today both of these kids in my opinion are clearly undecided. Joe D. the UConn radio guy never discusses recruiting or acts as a promotional arm for the team when addressing the recruiting landscape. My unbiased opinion is he is the best play by play guy in college hoops.

You really need both of these kids to dream of your own 1 shining moment: Good luck!

Reaction Score
Providence is at a crossroads in terms of recruiting and elevating its basketball program. If you whiff on the Chukwu/Abu tandem despite all of Ed's hard work serious pessimism will be the theme in Providence. As of today both of these kids in my opinion are clearly undecided. Joe D. the UConn radio guy never discusses recruiting or acts as a promotional arm for the team when addressing the recruiting landscape. My unbiased opinion is he is the best play by play guy in college hoops.

You really need both of these kids to dream of your own 1 shining moment: Good luck!

What PC needs more than good recruiting is good coaching. Marquette and Cincy did just fine picking up players here and there without knocking it out of the park with top 100s. A kid like Lindsey could be enough. Especially since all the top bball teams other than Georgetown are now gone from the BE.

You need good coaching or else recruiting doesn't amount to anything.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, the Reggie Lewis center benefits from this announcement.

BTW, didn't Reggie play for Calhoun...

Reaction Score
Rourke has a local Saturday morning talk show on Providence station of WEEI. He is very pro-Providence/RI. This doesn't shock me.

Rooke, a broadcaster and columnist who writes about New England sports had this to say in his weekly write up;

"A prediction – Abdul Malik Abu and Jared Terrell to PC. Pascal Chukwu, too. Criticize and deride if you must…dismiss it outright, fine. But the vibes (and the talk) still lean that way…"

I think the guys a homer and/or full of BS. All I've been hearing is URI for Terrell, up in the air for Abu, and practically nothing on Chukwu. Not sure where he's getting these vibes or talk - probably right out of his a*

ctchamps

Reaction Score
fleudy, I get what you're saying. I got out of my golf cart yesterday with a beer in my hand to go to the tee and kind of turned my ankle in a hidden below ground sprinkler head (can you imagine if I spilled any of my beer?)...........LOL.........oh damn you were actually moving I'm sorry bad comparison!! ;)..........although on occasion I do try to drink like I'm in my twenties!!

Get better pal.......
More than one body part tweaked saving the beer. I hear you!:)

Reaction Score
Hopefully, the Reggie Lewis center benefits from this announcement.

BTW, didn't Reggie play for Calhoun...

Watch "remembering Reggie Lewis" sometime and you'll know about JC and Reggie's relationship.........."...it was like losing a son..."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer changed his prediction. Instead of Abu to UConn he has him going to Florida.

Anyways take it with a grain of salt. He could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer changed his prediction. Instead of Abu to UConn he has him going to Florida.

Anyways take it with a grain of salt. He could be wrong.

If Urban Meyer had him going there it would be different......Jerry Meyer throws a lot of darts to find just one bullseye doesn't he?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Urban Meyer had him going there it would be different......Jerry Meyer throws a lot of darts to find just one bullseye doesn't he?

It seems that way. He changes his mind more than an emotionally torn high school girl.

Reaction Score
It seems that way. He changes his mind more than an emotionally torn high school girl.

Recruits change their minds like high school girls. It isn't his fault. Recruiting is continuously changing, Jerry does a great job at staying current. He changes his picks based on inside information, not the day of the week.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

The reality is that PC has been at this one supposed crossroad since Gillen left.

I remember a couple of years back (on a board for the entire BE) a discussion among PC fans on the futile move BC made in canning Skinner. In their eyes Skinner had had exceeded anything BC could have hoped for in terms of success and they needed to realize that what they had with Skinner was as good as it would get. The irony there was a couple years earlier, their stance on PC replacing Welch was that they needed a coach who could get them over the hump, something Tim was incapable of. Somehow BC had this impenetrable wall they wanted to scale while PC merely had a hump they wanted to get over. What they criticized BC for was likely the exact thing they did when they canned Welch a few years earlier.

I remember Keno being the most ingenious hire ever while he and his staff were going to dominate New England recruiting for the next few decades. When Cooley reaches the point where he shows the fan base what the realistic of performance for that school is, he'll be blasted and chastised by a fan base who believes anything less than elite stature is a failure. When Cooley's replacement is hired, he will be anointed as superior to any other coach in the country and their ridiculous talk will continue.

Reaction Score
The whole ad/poster thing for Abu and Terrell is completely by their AAU program. They are trying to hype it up to make it seem like a huge announcement. The kids aren't coming up with this stuff. Don't hate on them for this.
Yes but the AD/poster was made in PC colors. Could be very telling. Sarcasm off now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who cares whose idea it was. It wouldn't have happened if they didn't agree to it.

Why would that bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1