Alyssa Thomas or Kaleena Lewis | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alyssa Thomas or Kaleena Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Visitors are always welcome here. Biff, JS and I just ask that everyone - UConn and non-UConn fans alike - use civility when conversing. And don't trash our Coach or players (not that you have, ETT, just making a general statement).
Can we charge them 10 cents per post? We can donate the money to the UConn WCBB scholarship fund. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We need to be understanding of our fellow wcbb fans. Some have boards of their own but few have the number of posters or breadth of topics we have here. We're a neutral board for the ND, Baylor, Duke, RU, Stanford, Louisville, Maryland, Tennessee, UNC, etc fans that visit so if they get into a deep discussion, we're allowing them an opportunity they may not have elsewhere. And we may learn something about their teams to boot. I think it's great and I think the regular visitors we have are great, too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Visitors are always welcome here. .

image-ED92_4FFE1D3C.gif

Thanks for having me, and thanks for being so open to have visitors...

I tried to join the Carolina board a while back.... but they denied my application for some reason :(

:rolleyes:

JS

Reaction Score
I do think that at times we visitors need a reminder that it is a UCONN board.
Should there come a time when you do need such a reminder, we mods will issue one. We haven't.

If ever is heard a discouraging word (you've inspired the Western in me) from occasional self-appointed arbiters of board propriety, you won't go wrong in ignoring that word. Just wait on us. We can be annoying enough without your having to put up with others.

I'll echo Nan's comments that the perspective, information and opinions brought by fans of other teams are of great value to the board.

JS

Reaction Score
I tried to join the Carolina board a while back.... but they denied my application for some reason :(

:rolleyes:
I understand they've set the disqualifier at 10,000 utterances of "Go to hell, Carolina."

Kind of arbitrary, but one more than that and you're toast.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Visitors are always welcome here. Biff, JS and I just ask that everyone - UConn and non-UConn fans alike - use civility when conversing.

The "civility" part is something I have learned over the course of my ten years posting on the Boneyard (from Rivals to Scout to this site). I do not think many of my opinions or analysis have changed, but the tone and tenor with which I present them and post comments certainly has.

In fact, some of the "major" things that have changed over the years (and through interacting with Boneyard posters) are my appreciation for Diana Taurasi (as a player and as a personality) and my respect for Geno Auriemma (both as a coach/teacher but also for his sense of humor). In recognizing these things, it forced me to analyze how I post my opinions when I disagree with someone else.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
We need to be understanding of our fellow wcbb fans. Some have boards of their own but few have the number of posters or breadth of topics we have here. We're a neutral board for the ND, Baylor, Duke, RU, Stanford, Louisville, Maryland, Tennessee, UNC, etc fans that visit so if they get into a deep discussion, we're allowing them an opportunity they may not have elsewhere. And we may learn something about their teams to boot. I think it's great and I think the regular visitors we have are great, too.

Some interesting things have happened over the years. Back in 2002 (when I joined the Boneyard), visitors were not as well received, simply because UConn was on top and many UConn fans were exuberant in their support/commentary for UConn, which fans of other schools interpreted as disparaging to their own respective teams. In fact, they are two different things - being able to appreciate how dominant UConn was at that time was not to disparage another program or school, but simply a reflection of UConn's tremendous accomplishments. At the same time, not as many Boneyard posters were as knowledgeable about other schools, outside of Tennessee.

Over the past decade, however, the board has morphed. UConn fans have certainly diversified their knowledge of WCBB (I should clarify that it is not that they did not have this knowledge before; rather, in my personal experience, I did not see it on display in the message board posts at the time). You see many board posters here starting threads about games involving other Big East programs or other schools that are Elight Eight contenders. And fans of other schools have grown and matured as well, not just to appreciate and respect Geno Auriemma and the UConn program for all of its accomplishments but to understand that recognizing UConn's greatness is not disparaging to one's own school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom