Alterique Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alterique Update

Reaction Score
Hurley is unsure of his availability for the tournament. That is better than ruling him out...
Do we know the extent of his "eye injury"? Also, I think this is positive news. Hurley strikes me very much as the type to hold out information as long as possible to not help his opponent prepare.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Correct, and I said I didn’t think it was related. However, it’s also true, if AG was shutdown for the season as I advocated, this definitely wouldn’t have happened.

Putting aside intra body secondary injuries, due to favoring or compensating for a deficiency due to injury, there is also another factor at play. When a team plays in a bad flow, the wrong guys are in the wrong place doing the wrong thing. That’s how you get a 5-9 guy trying to rebound the ball from a guy 6-9 230 pds. If a front line is doing its job and you have good floor balance - mismatches like this are less likely to happen. Being hit in the face by another sub 6 foot guard is very different than a Big man child doing it.
Cmon Chief00 - a lot of nonsense here
Out of position?
The kid was going for a loose ball

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

"....basically, it’s day to day. "

Where have I heard that before? I'm not planning on him playing in at least the 1st matchup.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley is unsure of his availability for the tournament. That is better than ruling him out...
Wait Hurley may not be available for the AAC Tournament?

1552342932285.png

"I've got things to do. What do you want from me?​

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Cmon Chief00 - a lot of nonsense here
Out of position?
The kid was going for a loose ball
Got 'a agree with the Chief00 on this. When your bigs are able to battle for the boards, the guards attention is on where are their guards. When you have a front court deficit , the guards try to even it out.

Reaction Score
I want AG and Jalen to get one last chance at making a run. You can be as pessimistic as you want about this team and you wouldn’t be without reason, but if Jalen and Alterique are healthy, the new Josh shows up and Tyler can make open 3’s, we can make a run. I’m not saying it will happen, only that this team has a few horses and Josh is the third horseman. Roll all 3 of these guys out there, and I’m glued to the TV seeing if we can’t grind our way into the NCAA tourney. We haven’t seen the new Josh with the starting guards. Oh yeah, give Jalen the rock!

Reaction Score
A concussion recovery takes 7 to 10 days. If his cornea was scratched or retina is partially torn that’s a whole different kettle of fish. “Day to day” sounds like they are monitoring is neurological progress.

Reaction Score
Amazing what our first road win of the season (against ECU) does to the board.

Imagine if we had beaten Cincy on the road, guys here would be talking national championship.
It happened the last time they beat ECU. It’s like they can’t wrap their heads around East Carolina is worse than UHart.

Hey, I have an idea, let’s pretend people said things they didn’t so we can look smart when our crappy team loses.

You guys are a tired act. Right sometimes, wrong sometimes, miserable all the time. This team, with yesterday’s Jalen, AG playing well and yesterday’s Josh Carlton might make a run in the AAC tourney. I’m all for it. You would rather make the oh so daring hedge that it won’t happen and then gloat when they lose. Great.

Reaction Score
I mean obviously it’s a shot in the dark but 40– 1 odds seems a little steep - the conference is not that good. I think 25% chance uconn makes a run (getting at least to semis) I’d put 50 bux on uconn to win a g. One interesting point is the fact that Jalen And AG have yet to play together with Carlton since he’s improved. Cud be interesting if AG practices Wednesday. Remember AG and Jalen haven’t played together since before the Super Bowl- that’s crazy- I believe we ll kno a lot more about AG by this time tmrw. Then again. Maybe not.

Reaction Score
A concussion recovery takes 7 to 10 days. If his cornea was scratched or retina is partially torn that’s a whole different kettle of fish. “Day to day” sounds like they are monitoring is neurological progress.
It is not a number of days. It is a protocol with five steps. You can go through the protocol quickly or slowly. He could be completely through a concussion protocol by now -- or it could take weeks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, I have an idea, let’s pretend people said things they didn’t so we can look smart when our crappy team loses.

You guys are a tired act. Right sometimes, wrong sometimes, miserable all the time. This team, with yesterday’s Jalen, AG playing well and yesterday’s Josh Carlton might make a run in the AAC tourney. I’m all for it. You would rather make the oh so daring hedge that it won’t happen and then gloat when they lose. Great.

I’m not making any hedge.

The team isn’t good. I don’t think about 4 games from now when USF is a coin flip.

But you can read the posts - when they beat ECU last time it was a ton of nonsense and they lost a bunch of games. ECU sucks beyond belief - beating them means absolutely nothing.

I’ll worry Houston or anyone else when they show up and beat USF.

pj

Reaction Score
I mean obviously it’s a shot in the dark but 40– 1 odds seems a little steep - the conference is not that good. I think 25% chance uconn makes a run (getting at least to semis) I’d put 50 bux on uconn to win a g. One interesting point is the fact that Jalen And AG have yet to play together with Carlton since he’s improved. Cud be interesting if AG practices Wednesday. Remember AG and Jalen haven’t played together since before the Super Bowl- that’s crazy- I believe we ll kno a lot more about AG by this time tmrw. Then again. Maybe not.

40-1 is steep? The team has played 31 games this year and in not one of them did they play well enough to beat Houston, so I'd say 30-1 to beat Houston would be generous. Making a 4-game tourney run is even harder. And they'll be playing with Alterique out (most likely) and Jalen not necessarily 100%, so not their best talent.

We have a good chance to win one game. If they do, I'll consider the tourney a success.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ECU has TWO top 200 kp wins.

They beat UT Rio Grande Valley by 5 at home and they beat Cincinnati.

Their other two league wins are over Tulane by a combined 5 points.

UConn was beating them 64-62 with 5:00 left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

For UConn to have a 25% chance to make the semis both USF and Houston would need to be 50/50 games.

Reaction Score

Daring hedge? I hate when we lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom