Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You just never know how good young kids will be in weird situations like this. Diallo was so hyped up yet very underwhelming at UK, even if the bonus semester before playing for real. Plus Akok is a big, they're usually slower to adjust to the college game. Akok probably isn't in college shape, would have to learn our offensive and defensive system, and build some chemistry. It'd be a long shot for Akok to have that kind of impact for us this year. Not to mention there's been enough buzz the last week (from his HS coach and after New Haven) that he needs to get stronger and might struggle to transition to college (meaning next season).

For sure. But the upside is there. Diallo had no real skill at all. Akok can come in and block shots and hit a trailing 3 no problem. I don't think our offensive sets are exactly complex.

Reaction Score
If he came do you even think he would play this year? I think redshirting this semester to build strength and work on his game would be more beneficial

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If he came do you even think he would play this year? I think redshirting this semester to build strength and work on his game would be more beneficial
Then why leave PSA early? He wants to get to the league and playing is the best way

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"Since I have already graduated high school, it makes sense at this point that I study at home for the SAT, which I am taking for the first time on December 1st," Akok said.

"I would like to thank Putnam Science Academy’s teachers, coaches, students and especially my teammates for all they have done for me," he added. "I will be focusing on the SAT in the immediate future and will then address basketball to determine what college is the best fit for me."

The SAT will add another twist in this drama of dramas.

Reaction Score
They made it work with Drummond last minute.....I’m sure if they had to they’d find a way. Here’s to hoping.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is this good?
Is this bad?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors