Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A2C012D5-BE56-43C5-B2E3-B02BEB777980.gif

Reaction Score
It’s not by any means out of the realm of possibility that he would pay his way on the first semester; we’ve seen it before. But, if he does that and plans on leaving to the NBA after this season that would be odd. My personal opinion is that he will come here, but this is a very unique recruitment.

Reaction Score
Hurley would never do this. he believes in loyalty and the current players believe in him.

Do what? Give Akok minutes at the expense of our wings currently playing out of position?

Reaction Score
Quick question. If UCONN gets Akok, doesn’t this sort of burn bridges with Putnam and their coach? This doesn’t seem like something Hurley would do without consulting his coach first correct, and since his coach wasn’t really told in person, this would probably mean he is going to Pitt. Pitt = $ for family?

Reaction Score
Quick question. If UCONN gets Akok, doesn’t this sort of burn bridges with Putnam and their coach? This doesn’t seem like something Hurley would do without consulting his coach first correct, and since his coach wasn’t really told in person, this would probably mean he is going to Pitt. Pitt = $ for family?
Who’s to say Hurley even knew about this? I seriously doubt he was giving him advice to ditch PSA and come to UConn 2nd semester lol

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Last year the idea of Hamidou Diallo being a 1/2 and done was a damned circus. And off to Kentucky he went.

In Hurley's first season here I hope he avoids bringing in Akok for a 1/2 season if it means asking a kid to step aside.

Reaction Score
What a turn of events. I thought I was going to get crushed on here from what I posted that my source told me on Tuesday after he withdrew from PSA. He said after the game that Akok Akok is coming and to expect to hear something within a few days :) Right on track

Reaction Score
What a turn of events. I thought I was going to get crushed on here from what I posted that my source told me on Tuesday after he withdrew from PSA. He said after the game that Akok Akok is coming and to expect to hear something within a few days :) Right on track

Any idea the plan for the scholly situation? Walk on?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When everything shakes out it's important to remember that Chief rode both sides of the fence on his commitment (coming to UConn, going to NBA) and he'll be the first to claim credit for "calling it first", no matter what happens.

Absolute clown show

Reaction Score
Any idea the plan for the scholly situation? Walk on?
He's coming on board as a chef, someone in the kitchen will realize he has crazy math skills & he'll get a full academic ride. Soon after coach will notice him in hallway and ask him to stop by the gym and the rest will be history.....there are completely legit ways around the scholarship thing ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He's coming on board as a chef, someone in the kitchen will realize he has crazy math skills & he'll get a full academic ride. Soon after coach will notice him in hallway and ask him to stop by the gym and the rest will be history.....there are completely legit ways around the scholarship thing ;)
Can that scenario get done in 24 hours or are we looking at a full week to play out?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This is torture. I know I should have learned to not hang on recruiting like this but....this is torture

Reaction Score
Last year the idea of Hamidou Diallo being a 1/2 and done was a damned circus. And off to Kentucky he went.

In Hurley's first season here I hope he avoids bringing in Akok for a 1/2 season if it means asking a kid to step aside.
While it’d be disappointing to ask a kid to step aside I just don’t think we’re in a position to play nice and pass up on 5 star recruits. Hurley didn’t ask anyone to leave at first probably because we didn’t have any major recruits on the line before, but now we have serious talent at stake. It’s time to be smart not nice.

Reaction Score
While it’d be disappointing to ask a kid to step aside I just don’t think we’re in a position to play nice and pass up on 5 star recruits. Hurley didn’t ask anyone to leave at first probably because we didn’t have any major recruits on the line before, but now we have serious talent at stake. It’s time to be smart not nice.

I though @bendm was an outlier but I was mistaken. Pulling a scholarship from a kid in the middle of a scholastic year is not only repugnant but also impossible. Find a new slant.

Reaction Score

Aren't you a Uconn student? Don't get everyones hopes up. The student manager who told you this probably read he was coming here from the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I though @bendm was an outlier but I was mistaken. Pulling a scholarship from a kid in the middle of a scholastic year is not only repugnant but also impossible. Find a new slant.
Don’t necessarily have to pull it. And sometimes you gotta be a little distasteful. It was distasteful for Calipari to get Shai- Gilgeous Alexander to decommit from Florida

Reaction Score
Don’t necessarily have to pull it. And sometimes you gotta be a little distasteful. It was distasteful for Calipari to get Shai- Gilgeous Alexander to decommit from Florida

It is the middle of the season. Not even close to the same situation. Akok apparently wants to enroll for Spring semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom