Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh..................

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nickname, but AJ Price turned out pretty well. And, speaking of weird recruiting, there was Andre Drummond.
Add Andrew (Bynum) to AJ & Andre, and change the word "problematic" to "irregular," perhaps.

Or, just stick with "fluid."

Reaction Score
Add Andrew (Bynum) to AJ & Andre, and change the word "problematic" to "irregular," perhaps.

Or, just stick with "fluid."
If we're going with fluid, this recruitment is nothing if not that.

[refresh Boneyard; check Twitter]

Reaction Score
Gotta assume UConn is out? I don’t see anyone giving up a scholarship

Reaction Score
That's pretty weak if he didn't tell Espinosa he was leaving. Very lame.

Since UConn doesn't have any scholarships I'd say it's "Next". I'm not sure I'd even want him. Do people really want him for less than 3 months? What's the sense? He'd come in with his own agenda and mess up any chemistry the team has. It's not worth it. Move on.

BTW, someone posted in one of the other threads on Akok asking if he ever smiled. Then there's this in the article. Good observation by the poster.

“I”m not surprised,” Espinosa added. “He’s never been the most bubbly, happy kid, but the past two months he hasn’t been very happy.”

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Out of his list of 5 schools, Pitt is the only one not using 13 scholarships. They have 1 available.

Reaction Score
So it seems like we'd get this kid for three months before he bounced for the pros, regardless of his draft stock. Not to be a wet blanket but this isn't worth it. These situations never seem to work out. Keep developing Sid, Carlton, and Polley. It's not like Akok is Andre Drummond here.

Reaction Score
I can't see him spending 1 semester at school on this Pitt team. (Yes they're undefeated, but aside from St Louis their best win is Troy).

Reaction Score
This just isn't a move mountains situation like with Andre. If it works out somehow then that's great.

Reaction Score
Is Buddy Boeheim on scholarship? I imagine if Daddy says so it would be dropped in a heartbeat

Reaction Score
So it seems like we'd get this kid for three months before he bounced for the pros, regardless of his draft stock. Not to be a wet blanket but this isn't worth it. These situations never seem to work out. Keep developing Sid, Carlton, and Polley. It's not like Akok is Andre Drummond here.
I completely agree.

Reaction Score

We have a desperate need at 4 this very season. I've been skeptical of us making the tournament, but this is something that could push us into the conversation.

Reaction Score
Maybe just wishful thinking, but would UConn not be able to work something out with him/ his family for just a semester? If he was going to stay for next season

Reaction Score
We have a desperate need at 4 this very season. I've been skeptical of us making the tournament, but this is something that could push us into the conversation.

You just never know how good young kids will be in weird situations like this. Diallo was so hyped up yet very underwhelming at UK, even if the bonus semester before playing for real. Plus Akok is a big, they're usually slower to adjust to the college game. Akok probably isn't in college shape, would have to learn our offensive and defensive system, and build some chemistry. It'd be a long shot for Akok to have that kind of impact for us this year. Not to mention there's been enough buzz the last week (from his HS coach and after New Haven) that he needs to get stronger and might struggle to transition to college (meaning next season).

Reaction Score
Maybe a player of ours that doesn’t get much time will leave the program. Him being at the Cornell game is a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom