Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best to Akok but no more energy should be spent on him, he's pretty untouchable right now by colleges. Unless he enrolls somewhere soon he's getting $ from an agent, so almost have to assume he's not eligible.

Reaction Score
It sounds like he was one-and-done even if he came here so his impact would be brief and probably limited. He looks like he's got some solid potential long-term but I don't think he was going to be a great college player as a freshman. On to the next one...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If he is not enrolling early to get a jump on practice and academics then we should just pass and move on because he isn't so good that we'd want him if he is a head case.

Reaction Score
Naive question - can we take a scholarship away mid year?
No athletic scholarship but he would likely get a need based scholarship combined with a loan. If he wants to come in January we can make it happen.

Reaction Score
So now we should walk away from him? Let’s be atleast clear of one thing: he walked away from us. UConn would have very happily taken him right up until whenever.

Reaction Score
This.

That said, I'm thinking that 2 syllable names that start w/the letter A - Akok, Ater, and Ajou - might be problematic. Are there counterexamples?
Nickname, but AJ Price turned out pretty well. And, speaking of weird recruiting, there was Andre Drummond.

Reaction Score
I said to take that story seriously. In another post I said another key school had back off Akok for this reason.

You also strongly implied Akok was committing after his visit. I understand things change and this is why no one gives crap to BField and Matrim. Just stop trying to take credit for every movement on the trail especially considering you have a mediocre at best track record.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So I guess this means we’re out. Barring someone giving up a scholly, we don’t have one available for him.

Are we sure he wouldn't be able to pay for the semester some other way? More importantly, are we sure he wouldn't do something like a semester of community college or equivalent?

I have zero knowledge of the situation, but I wouldn't count him out yet...

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone really knows at this point, including Akok. I've been told he's ours several times and reassured several times. None of it makes any sense, if it was just him and the basketball people closest to him he would already be committed to us. This has nothing to do with UConn but the NBA idea is by far the worst thing he can do, I would much rather him go to Cuse, Pitt, or G'Town. He tries to go straight NBA and he's almost guaranteeing he will be a basketball vagabond.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m hearing St Joes

JK

If you’re counting on making the NBA a loan for one semester of in-state tuition isn’t too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom