Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nonsense. It depends on the kid and their focus. To say they are easier and focused on Southern kids does four things that are STUPID.

1.) It assumes kids in southern states are not as smart as kids in northern states. This sort of seems racist but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
2.) Using the map above it ignores the dominant population concentrations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California that probably make up 70% of southern students who are actually taking SATs not ACTs
3.) It ignores all the kids in the midwest/mountain states taking the ACTs.
4.) It ignores the FACT that Colleges/Universities do not discriminate between the two tests. SO if it really easier, kids who take the SAT are really making a bad decision.

My son is an Honors student at St Peters Prep in Jersey City, a varsity rugby player, and a Tier 1 Hockey player. He chose to take the ACTs because of his focus on math and science and has his choice of several top Universities. I would say the decision among his friends is split about 50/50.

My take: at least half the population are idiots. At least half.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. It depends on the kid and their focus. To say they are easier and focused on Southern kids does four things that are STUPID.

1.) It assumes kids in southern states are not as smart as kids in northern states. This sort of seems racist but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
2.) Using the map above it ignores the dominant population concentrations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California that probably make up 70% of southern students who are actually taking SATs not ACTs
3.) It ignores all the kids in the midwest/mountain states taking the ACTs.
4.) It ignores the FACT that Colleges/Universities do not discriminate between the two tests. SO if it really easier, kids who take the SAT are really making a bad decision.

My son is an Honors student at St Peters Prep in Jersey City, a varsity rugby player, and a Tier 1 Hockey player. He chose to take the ACTs because of his focus on math and science and has his choice of several top Universities. I would say the decision among his friends is split about 50/50.
I don’t think that you quite understand what the word “racist” means.

Reaction Score
Insinuating that posters here are racist because they don't agree with you is far more STUPID than any of your 4 points.

Eat a Snickers.

I did not insinuate. I said I would give JMick the benefit of the doubt, but the comment "The ACTs are just plain easier because they cater to southern schools with worse education" and having even a basic understanding of demographics or the quality of schools across both northern and southern states, does cause one to raise the question. Or it could be just plain ignorance.

BTW I love snickers.

Reaction Score
This kid fits perfectly with this team. Would love to see him play with Jalen. Great coach, great trainer, perfect style of play. UCONN will change his and his families life. Whoever is advising him to do this is doing a great job looking out for the kids future.

Reaction Score
I did not insinuate. I said I would give JMick the benefit of the doubt, but the comment "The ACTs are just plain easier because they cater to southern schools with worse education" and having even a basic understanding of demographics or the quality of schools across both northern and southern states, does cause one to raise the question. Or it could be just plain ignorance.

BTW I love snickers.
lolno the south does have worse education and the ACTs are easier

Reaction Score
This is how I feel. We’ll find a way to make room for this kid if he wants to get into the huddle for real.
Just asking. So we would just kick off one of the walk ons?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If I make an Obama joke will this get this thread sent where it belongs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom