Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who knows, but now i have this visual of coaches confronting players during their recruitment about crystal ball picks and it's hilarious.

Guarantee this has happened in some form or fashion somewhere.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They take the lead from Chief.

1538282838021.png

Reaction Score
I’m sure this has been answered already but has Akok alluded to when he would be announcing?

Reaction Score
I’m sure this has been answered already but has Akok alluded to when he would be announcing?

He did say Spring. He has also scheduled all his visits consecutively over the next couple weeks. It would be strange to wait when he is seemingly not waiting for any new teams to enter his recruitment.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They should be. He's ours.

Oh man, this is fantastic. Hurley is absolutely killing it.

Hurley has been an awesome coach at multiple programs working with 3 star recruits, and the occasional 4 star. If he starts regularly reeling in top 50 talent and the occasional 5-star, we're going to get right back to being one of the best programs in the country. Hurley's tenure could not have started any better.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Oh man, this is fantastic. Hurley is absolutely killing it.

Hurley has been an awesome coach at multiple programs working with 3 star recruits, and the occasional 4 star. If he starts regularly reeling in top 50 talent and the occasional 5-star, we're going to get right back to being one of the best programs in the country. Hurley's tenure could not have started any better.
Agree. I just hope that this board doesn't melt down if we end up missing on both Precious and Kofi. I don't think we will, but it's a possibility, and as frustrating as it would be, it would not mean the sky's falling.

There's a plan & a strategy here. Hurley thinks like a GM assembling and developing his roster, not an AAU coach collecting talent.

BTW, can't emphasize enough how important it was that he re-recruited every single kid who was already here. It meant a ton to advisors, former coaches, families and the kids themselves, and when you treat people right like that, the word travels. There's an air of accountability, responsibility and preparedness around the program now, and it's made it much easier to recruit and say "we're committed to the guys we have, which means when you get here we're committed to you."

Reaction Score
Agree. I just hope that this board doesn't melt down if we end up missing on both Precious and Kofi. I don't think we will, but it's a possibility, and as frustrating as it would be, it would not mean the sky's falling.

There's a plan & a strategy here. Hurley thinks like a GM assembling and developing his roster, not an AAU coach collecting talent.

BTW, can't emphasize enough how important it was that he re-recruited every single kid who was already here. It meant a ton to advisors, former coaches, families and the kids themselves, and when you treat people right like that, the word travels. There's an air of accountability, responsibility and preparedness around the program now, and it's made it much easier to recruit and say "we're committed to the guys we have, which means when you get here we're committed to you."

I knew when Hurley committed to the players that were here, " we're not making transactions, every player here is welcome to be part of this program", that he was establishing a baseline of respect to his new players that would pay dividends in future recruiting.

Love the GM comment.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If people poo-poo a class of Gaffney, Boughknight, and Akok... That's on them.

It will likely turn out better than the last 5 yrs or so (incl 2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom