Akok Akok get hurt??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok get hurt???

Reaction Score
Akok playing post D against Jones....

please think about that for a second.

just one measly second.
You don’t gotta play him man up. All they guards fouled out. You double him, and make the others beat you. Sounds pretty simple. Jones shouldn’t even got them 2 looks at the rim at the beginning of the second OT without being forced to pass the ball out. Everybody in the building knew where the scoring was gonna have to come from.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
AG looked like s---- vs AG 9/9 FT line in 1pt 2 OT game..

I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I DONT'T KNOW.

We need profanity Friday (Saturday)

FFFFFFFFFFFFU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Whaley fouled out, Kimani told Akok to check in and Hurley waved him off and said, no, Wilson. I was sitting a few rows up behind the bench.

So Hurley is lying?

Reaction Score
AG got to the line 9 times and made them all. Without AG we lose in regulation.
Well.......not sure I want to argue this point but he drove to the basket and got blocked at least 5 times. Those are basically turnovers. I have no idea why he keeps doing the same thing. You know what they define as insanity?

He was at his best when he was running the offense and not going to the basket. He did have at least 1 nice drive and dish though.

Reaction Score
Well.......not sure I want to argue this point but he drove to the basket and got blocked at least 5 times. Those are basically turnovers. I have no idea why he keeps doing the same thing. You know what they define as insanity?

He was at his best when he was running the offense and not going to the basket. He did have at least 1 nice drive and dish though.
Hurley has to work with him in practice. Has to shake him out of it in game. They will get there.

Reaction Score
He was not very tough on defense in the 2nd half. He didn't contest a couple of shots by the white guys. I think Hurley sat him because of that.

A bit of a double standard. AG was a disaster and there was no hook from DH.

Those same white guys shut AG down. So . . . .can we just refer to players as players.

Reaction Score
Akok sure didn't.look gimpy when he raced down the court faster than everyone in the first half. So gimpy in shootaround and gimpy in second half I guess.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Akok sure didn't.look gimpy when he raced down the court faster than everyone in the first half. So gimpy in shootaround and gimpy in second half I guess.
He had to have done something that Hurley felt needed a message. Doubt it was over his play.

Reaction Score
What reasons could he have? It cost us the game not playing him. I'm beside myself with anger now and we need an explanation. Adams or Bouknight taking that drive would have had a better result.
He must have said or done something to have gotten that treatment. I'm so disappointed in the loss. We were a better team than Xavier.
I love Akok and think Hurley is a good coach. As a coach myself it must have been something serious. Hope it gets taken care of QUICK.

Reaction Score

Agreed, but every time he drove and got stuffed and we get on his case about it.. there is nobody else in the paint. The bigs are around the perimeter and everybody is standing there watching AG try and shake 3 guys. Nobody cuts, nobody crashes to clean up the ensuing wreckage of his eventual block. Nobody is there for a drive and dish, so AG forces it and we get on him about it. The only time they crashed was end of regulation when AG waited way to long to make a move and time expired before CV's put back

Reaction Score
I believe Hurley if he says Akok is gimpy. Akok is Already dinged up 5 games in? Last night he was up against some serious muscle down there And this is just the beginning. Anyone who thinks he’s going to the NBA with that frame after 2 years think again. Love his talent but I was worried at the start for durability, hope this injury is minor.

Reaction Score
If he makes any shot we win in regulation.

He played good in regulation minus the 2 in a row in the first half where he did the expected, and the last play which I still put on Dan because the ball should have been in Bouks hands for sure. AG was solid in regulation then he was his erratic, whacked self in the 2 OT's no doubt. But we should've won in regulation but that's not him more coach, Carlton and CV.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
He was not very tough on defense in the 2nd half. He didn't contest a couple of shots by the white guys. I think Hurley sat him because of that.
I highly doubt this

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Overall I thought it was a very good effort and am optimistic that there are enough players to make a decent rotation. Both teams made a decent number of bonehead mistakes but there was a certain "no quit" in this game by both sides. Good harbinger of things to come next year in that conference and I think Uconn is headed in the right direction this year. DH will figure it out and he has enough players to yank people who don't co-operate. I am pretty excited about the performance of Bouknight who has revealed some "go to guy"
skills on offense in big moments. He really has some special gifts. Xavier would not allow CV or AG to drive down the lane and score. They got the Xavier guards in foul trouble but could not finish at the rim. Credit their interior defense. Tough game to lose but the message here is that they are going to have to play like Uconn if they are to go anywhere this season and build for the next. They are going to have to play hard wire to wire and really that's the best takeaway to me from this game. I expect we are going to see more Bouknight in the rotation and less of Polley. Two rebounds in 36 mins. ? Hope Akok is OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom