Akok Akok get hurt??? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok get hurt???

Reaction Score
I was joking with a poster. Akok did not flash the finger at a fan for wearing a T-shirt that was making a joke about chief. It was a stretch imo that anyone would see the shirt reference and believe the statement.

I was mistaken. Akok did not do anything wrong. Initially I posted I doubted he didn’t play for disciplinary reasons. Then @HawkHusky indicated he did not observe any limping after the report Hurley was concerned about an injury so I conjectured it might be disciplinary as opposed to to the narrative that was going strong in this forum that Hurley benched him for bad play while letting the upperclassmen remain in the game in spite of poor play.

This was all happening around 2:00 AM after coming back from an emotional heartbreak loss and spending 7 hours at the arena.

This whole misunderstanding was very funny.

Vital, Gilbert, Bouknight, Polley, Carlton tomorrow?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Phew. It was an odd twist, and not quite where I'd pegged your sense of humor over the years. Plus, all was so credible.
Kudos.
We got to TD Arena at 6 pm to make sure the Xavier fans would stay at their half of the arena.

We got back about 1:30 am and I wanted to see what people were posting. I wasn’t surprised with the over abundance of anger and need to attack everything about UConn short of Bouknight (that will happen in his first bad game). The extent was impressive for even this forum.

So when people were leading a charge that Akok was benched because of poor play and not the seniors and angry with Hurley over it I ran with something I thought we be construed as equally ridiculous. Didn’t think an emoji was needed.

Reaction Score
Don't need a hook, just a good old fashioned talking to (during game). Make your point, then if he refuses to listen sit his arse down. Hurley didn't seem to want to hurt his feelings. Happens with leftover players with a new coach.

That's why male lions when taking over a clan, kill the cubs immediately.
We don’t need to go that far. ;^)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This whole misunderstanding was very funny.

Vital, Gilbert, Bouknight, Polley, Carlton tomorrow?
Absolutely. They start but Dan is developing the young players quickly and has confidence in them to give them lots of minutes. Of course everything depends on injuries.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. They start but Dan is developing the young players quickly and has confidence in them to give them lots of minutes. Of course everything depends on injuries.

Right, that’s why giving Akok 8+ days off between games is a possibility.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know you're an eye witness, so thank you.
Are you seeing something that looks like basketball? I am.
As to Thursday's really nice write-up, I don't recall your mentioning Sid. He had two body control baskets (bummer he missed the 'and one' FT). Got any thoughts from your vantage point on his play?

Sid looks stronger to me and is playing better defense. His athletic ability makes him a good rebounder. He’s always been a shot blocker. His shooting in warmups is not bad really but he doesn’t have a green light in games.

Pre-game Kenya Hunter spends a lot of time with Carlton, Whaley and Sid on dribbling drills. Polley is with the guards and wings. I think Sid can score around the rim and even in mid range shots, but his ball handling is not where it should be, so he doesn’t often get the ball close enough to take advantage. I don’t expect him to become an outside threat, but as a slasher, he could be a real weapon if his handle was a little better. He’s not soft, he can score through contact.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We got to TD Arena at 6 pm to make sure the Xavier fans would stay at their half of the arena.

We got back about 1:30 am and I wanted to see what people were posting. I wasn’t surprised with the over abundance of anger and need to attack everything about UConn short of Bouknight (that will happen in his first bad game). The extent was impressive for even this forum.

So when people were leading a charge that Akok was benched because of poor play and not the seniors and angry with Hurley over it I ran with something I thought we be construed as equally ridiculous. Didn’t think an emoji was needed.
Bummed by the outcome, and can easily locate a number of faults, but I'm thinking that players and coaching are both growing.

Thanks for representing.

Tomorrow's Haiku starts or ends with, "Nuke the Hurricane."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom