Akok Akok get hurt??? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok get hurt???

Reaction Score
A bit of a double standard. AG was a disaster and there was no hook from DH.
Don't need a hook, just a good old fashioned talking to (during game). Make your point, then if he refuses to listen sit his arse down. Hurley didn't seem to want to hurt his feelings. Happens with leftover players with a new coach.

That's why male lions when taking over a clan, kill the cubs immediately.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
AG looked like s---- vs AG 9/9 FT line in 1pt 2 OT game..

I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I DONT'T KNOW.

We need profanity Friday (Saturday)

FFFFFFFFFFFFU
The problem with AG in this game, IMO, was the one man forays into the tall timber disturbed the ball movement necessary to win. He would juke left, juke right at the top of the key until he found that sliver of an opening. Then drive into the lane where he was forced of balance, have no outlet pass, and throw up an off balance shot. Sometimes getting fouled, but just as often having it blocked. The rest of the team stands around while he does this. He played like it was an AAU game.

Reaction Score
He was not very tough on defense in the 2nd half. He didn't contest a couple of shots by the white guys. I think Hurley sat him because of that.
So some of our really lousy offensive decisions and just non-existent shots were okay? There were plenty of guys to make up for that deficiency. We needed guys to hit the hoop

Reaction Score
He played good in regulation minus the 2 in a row in the first half where he did the expected, and the last play which I still put on Dan because the ball should have been in Bouks hands for sure. AG was solid in regulation then he was his erratic, whacked self in the 2 OT's no doubt. But we should've won in regulation but that's not him more coach, Carlton and CV.
CV is great rebounding so maybe not all bad

Reaction Score
What, did he kill the locker room attendant? The time for sending a message was not then.
We needed ALL hands on deck in double OT. Agree on this. Unless injury or felony, you play. If about had still been suspended I would have lifted it...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What, did he kill the locker room attendant? The time for sending a message was not then.
Apparently he gave the bird to the guy who was wearing the dislike face shirt with chief00 on the back.

Sat with a bunch of fans who lurk here and know about @tzznandrew and chief. One of them wore a frown face shirt with the caption dislike underneath. Denied he was tzz. I have my suspicions. I was surrounded by fans who come down on the side they think the whole thing is funny.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Apparently he gave the bird to the guy who was wearing the dislike face shirt with chief00 on the back.

Sat with a bunch of fans who lurk here and know about @tzznandrew and chief. One of them wore a frown face shirt with the caption dislike underneath. Denied he was tzz. I have my suspicions. I was surrounded by fans who come down on the side they think the whole thing is funny.

lol that's amusing. I know tzz wasn't in charleston, so it's definitely somebody else.

Reaction Score

Omg, really? So we sat a guy for that? I mean, if he hurled a racial epithet, that would be one thing... but the finger? If it didn’t wind up on TV and cause an FCC violation, come on... you can read Hurley’s lips and his lips ARE often FCC violations.

Reaction Score
He had to have done something that Hurley felt needed a message. Doubt it was over his play.
See this is what doesn’t make sense. DH refers to Akok as so coachable:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Agreed, but every time he drove and got stuffed and we get on his case about it.. there is nobody else in the paint. The bigs are around the perimeter and everybody is standing there watching AG try and shake 3 guys. Nobody cuts, nobody crashes to clean up the ensuing wreckage of his eventual block. Nobody is there for a drive and dish, so AG forces it and we get on him about it. The only time they crashed was end of regulation when AG waited way to long to make a move and time expired before CV's put back
They may be as surprised as we are that he's gone and done it again.

More seriously, and more disheartening, if a full 'highlight' film of this pattern were made, I think it would show a number of quick 3-ponters going the other way, which means the teammates aren't just not in the lane.

If this is some very long leash conceived in an optimistic view toward full-season development, I sure hope it bears fruit before league play begins.

Reaction Score
He had to have done something that Hurley felt needed a message. Doubt it was over his play.

Two thoughts on this:

1.) Teach the message some other time, not with a big game in balance.
2.) So, no teaching of a lesson to AG ( don't keep penetrating and throwing up prayers again ana again).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Seriously?
Now that's "curiouser."

Reaction Score
No. It’s more likely that “gimpy” doesn’t mean couldn’t play. Maybe Kimani figured he’d have to play through it and Hurley didn’t want to risk it. But either way, Akok got up and started for the scorers table.
This makes some sense. Someone on the pregame radio show had stated that AG kept asking to go back into the Buffalo game the night before. The coaching staff refused to put him back in until he was further evaluated the next day.

Reaction Score
Akok went out with 5:58 left in regulation. Never played after. Observing him before that, I would guess groin or knee "gimpy".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They may be as surprised as we are that he's gone and done it again.

More seriously, and more disheartening, if a full 'highlight' film of this pattern were made, I think it would show a number of quick 3-ponters going the other way, which means the teammates aren't just not in the lane.

If this is some very long leash conceived in an optimistic view toward full-season development, I sure hope it bears fruit before league play begins.

They aren‘t surprised because Hurley is calling for him to do that. In the first half AG had some nice passes off of his penetration.

Reaction Score
No. It’s more likely that “gimpy” doesn’t mean couldn’t play. Maybe Kimani figured he’d have to play through it and Hurley didn’t want to risk it. But either way, Akok got up and started for the scorers table.
I was a few rows behind the bench and can confirm this happened.
I did see Akok look down at his foot a couple of times and rotate his ankle.

Reaction Score
The problem with AG in this game, IMO, was the one man forays into the tall timber disturbed the ball movement necessary to win. He would juke left, juke right at the top of the key until he found that sliver of an opening. Then drive into the lane where he was forced of balance, have no outlet pass, and throw up an off balance shot. Sometimes getting fouled, but just as often having it blocked. The rest of the team stands around while he does this. He played like it was an AAU game.
The stand around because they know he will NEVER try to dish the ball out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom