Akok Akok get hurt??? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok get hurt???

Reaction Score
The big question I have about Akok is whether he comes back for a second year. Playing wise I would say yes, he has things he needs to work on. But my head keeps going back to his recruitment. There was some question for a while if he was even going to attend college.

Reaction Score
The big question I have about Akok is whether he comes back for a second year. Playing wise I would say yes, he has things he needs to work on. But my head keeps going back to his recruitment. There was some question for a while if he was even going to attend college.

Akok needs to spend a few years in college. Great potential, but very crude right now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Omg, really? So we sat a guy for that? I mean, if he hurled a racial epithet, that would be one thing... but the finger? If it didn’t wind up on TV and cause an FCC violation, come on... you can read Hurley’s lips and his lips ARE often FCC violations.
The reason was a joke. The events at the arena were real.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently he gave the bird to the guy who was wearing the dislike face shirt with chief00 on the back.
Really? The Mean girls cost us having Akok in the second half?

Thanks ladies! ;- )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was a few rows behind the bench and can confirm this happened.
I did see Akok look down at his foot a couple of times and rotate his ankle.

Yeah this definitely happened.

Most UConn fans were on same side as the bench. Was on the opposite side and saw someone working on Akok's leg (calf I think)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Needs to. But will he. See Daniel Hamilton.

Totally different measurables. Hamilton was not athletic, and couldn't shoot, which at his size, were both massive issues. I think he was older than Akok too iirc.

Akok will be fine. Probably two year guy if he wants to maximize his development based on age, one of the most important metrics in the draft--they like em young.

Not for nothing, but jumping as a soph gives him 2.5 years in college. That's enough.

Reaction Score
The reason was a joke. The events at the arena were real.
I guess my point is is this a real event? This doesn’t even sound like Akok. All we’ve heard is how he’s completely quiet and low key. The coach is completely an emotional, VERBALLY emotional guy.
If your leader is like that, how can you punish a guy for a finger? Sort of my point... yes, if racially charged or sexist. But the finger?
If your kid does a fraction of what you do, can you bench them for unsportsmanlike conduct?

Reaction Score
Needs to. But will he. See Daniel Hamilton.

hamilton was drafted in the 2nd round after his sophomore year when he was one of 2 Division I players (the other being ben simmons) to register more than 450 points, 300 rebounds and 150 assists on the season

not gonna start worrying about akok leaving till after his sophomore year, at least

Reaction Score
Totally different measurables. Hamilton was not athletic, and couldn't shoot, which at his size, were both massive issues. I think he was older than Akok too iirc.

Akok will be fine. Probably two year guy if he wants to maximize his development based on age, one of the most important metrics in the draft--they like em young.

Not for nothing, but jumping as a soph gives him 2.5 years in college. That's enough.
Akok turned 20 last month.

Reaction Score
Akok has a body frame that if it develops and fills out nice and he doubles his strength he can have a nice NBA career. He’s already injured after 5 games. He looks like he weighs 190. Hurley will tell him when it’s the right time so there’s no use speculating.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reason for sitting was a joke. Events at arena were real.
Phew. It was an odd twist, and not quite where I'd pegged your sense of humor over the years. Plus, all was so credible.
Kudos.

Reaction Score
Akok is not NBA ready. In three of four games he has basically disappeared.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They aren‘t surprised because Hurley is calling for him to do that. In the first half AG had some nice passes off of his penetration.
I know you're an eye witness, so thank you.
Are you seeing something that looks like basketball? I am.
As to Thursday's really nice write-up, I don't recall your mentioning Sid. He had two body control baskets (bummer he missed the 'and one' FT). Got any thoughts from your vantage point on his play?

Reaction Score
My concern about Akok jumping had nothing to do with his skills or NBA readiness. It was more because he seemed hesitant during the recruiting process to even go to college. Even when he signed there were rumblings that he was going to play one year of college.

Reaction Score
He's a long way off from the NBA. Not strong enough or mentally ready to play with men. Keep working and getting stronger. Build up your physical strength and gain confidence.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Akok is not NBA ready. In three of four games he has basically disappeared.

IMO "disappeared"is a bit harsh. But just because he isn't NBA ready doesn't mean somebody wouldn't take him anyway and throw him in developmental just to stake a claim.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Incredible rebounder there’s no doubting that his toughness and reads off the rim are really impressing the crap out of me. Wins battles with bigger guys often.
Averaging 9.8 through 5 games. He's not even a "big guard". He's currently 2nd in the AAC in rebounding. Oddly enough, Temple's 6-4 guard Nate Pierre-Louis is in first, about a half board ahead of CV. The rest of the top 5 are 6-7 to 6-8 forwards.
FWIW, CV is also 3rd in assists and 2nd in steals.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I guess my point is is this a real event? This doesn’t even sound like Akok. All we’ve heard is how he’s completely quiet and low key. The coach is completely an emotional, VERBALLY emotional guy.
If your leader is like that, how can you punish a guy for a finger? Sort of my point... yes, if racially charged or sexist. But the finger?
If your kid does a fraction of what you do, can you bench them for unsportsmanlike conduct?
I was joking with a poster. Akok did not flash the finger at a fan for wearing a T-shirt that was making a joke about chief. It was a stretch imo that anyone would see the shirt reference and believe the statement.

I was mistaken. Akok did not do anything wrong. Initially I posted I doubted he didn’t play for disciplinary reasons. Then @HawkHusky indicated he did not observe any limping after the report Hurley was concerned about an injury so I conjectured it might be disciplinary as opposed to to the narrative that was going strong in this forum that Hurley benched him for bad play while letting the upperclassmen remain in the game in spite of poor play.

This was all happening around 2:00 AM after coming back from an emotional heartbreak loss and spending 7 hours at the arena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom