AJ Reeves to Providence | Page 6 | The Boneyard

AJ Reeves to Providence

Reaction Score
If they is the case it is absolute incompetence from a D-1 staff. Holy hell - more that gets revealed on here the more I get the sense that we have someone that is over their skis when it comes to understanding what it takes to be a coach (ie CEO) of major athletic program (ie division of a major company).
That is not true. One just need to look at the Brewster 16/17 schedule to know that they play in CT a total of five names. I was at Hoophall watching MAL. Ollie, Killings n Miller was there. Cooley was not. I don't trust insider much now after the Bennetti fiasco when an active staff told me that it was a long shot n the insiders all claim it was a done deal. They then blame the staff to cover up their BS

Reaction Score
David duke isn't a priority for us. We'd rather jalen Carey

Reaction Score
If they is the case it is absolute incompetence from a D-1 staff. Holy hell - more that gets revealed on here the more I get the sense that we have someone that is over their skis when it comes to understanding what it takes to be a coach (ie CEO) of major athletic program (ie division of a major company).

For those who want to continue to bash Ollie and staff for having a few transfers (which happens at a lot of big-time programs) and losing a top recruit let's remember that most importantly the three most talented players from last year's roster BY FAR are coming back and you can make the argument that the top four are coming back if you think Vital is better than Jackson. Not to mention we haven't even seen Diarra play the kid could turn out to be an absolute beast down low. Not to mention the kid Anderson is an extremely talented and experienced combo guard. MAL wanted to walk on a campus and be the man...wasn't happening at UConn.

Reaction Score
Agreed. If true, it's complete professional malpractice and further proof that he's no longer the right man for this job.

Reaction Score
Save for something unexpected, Duke is a virtual PC lock from what I hear.

Reaction Score
Tell me where I'm wrong....

You know that presser is happening one of these days.

There's no question Cooley will be moving on probably sooner than later. I knew him when he coached at Fairfield U (great guy btw). He interviewed for the BC job while he was there. He was Skinner's top assistant and recruiter at BC. I could see him go back there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why would Cooley take our job? It would be a lateral move at best. And I bleed blue. Those 4 national championship banners are great but they don't really matter to today's recruits I would think. Do you think UCLA's mean much?
Lol, he'd jump in a heartbeat. More money and program with national brand recognition.

Thanks for equating us with UCLA. That was quite a complement. Regardless, you do realize that UCLA's last natty happened before our first, right? Or that our last national championship took place 3 years ago? I get that that as a PC fan you might have gotten into the habit of thinking that season ends with the conference tournament, but for some us there are 6 more games after that.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I just checked out the plans. Not even close to UConn's. Not enough space comparatively.

AND, you're spending $30 million on a center in which half of the space is reserved for students and other activities.

UConn spent $40+m on a center totally devoted to the D1 basketball teams.

UConn's is a palace. You guys managed to build 2 courts.

I think you are selling it short. It is two new courts and the covering of existing walkways.

We built dramatically better, and built it's mirror for the woman's team as well. But it is cute that PC is trying.
ruane-fdc-overview.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I think you are selling it short. It is two new courts and the covering of existing walkways.

We build dramatically better, and built it's mirror for the woman's team as well. But it is cute that PC is trying.
ruane-fdc-overview.jpg

I don't think I was off on this. The men's basketball related stuff is just in one 3rd of the new center.

1/3rd is then reserved for the rec center for students, and yet another area has an event hall coupled with a career educational center.

Seems to me that $30m is reserved for the building of the whole thing.

This might be nice but it is limited.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My daughters toured the campus a few months ago, there is no room to build anything bigger. It is basically a Division 3 school, size wise.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't think I was off on this. The men's basketball related stuff is just in one 3rd of the new center.

1/3rd is then reserved for the rec center for students, and yet another area has an event hall coupled with a career educational center.

Seems to me that $30m is reserved for the building of the whole thing.

This might be nice but it is limited.
My reply was sarcasm.

You are right. It is two BB courts a meeting room and some covered walkways.

Reaction Score
Can somebody explain how this is an indictment on the staff? We weren't even recruiting reeves. Save your outrage for when they swing n miss on Carey or mucius.

Isn't the failure to recruit Reeves an indictment on the staff? People overreact every time we lose out on a recruit, but at least in those cases the staff actually tried.

I understand we cant go after every recruit, but this is a 6'5 Top 50 shooting guard in our backyard and we just completely stop recruiting him? To me that is a bigger outrage than losing him altogether.

Is it worse to try and lose or to not try at all? We just gifted him to PC.

Reaction Score
Has PC lost to Wagner and Northeastern back-to-back? We are paying a price for being a lousy basketball team last year. We finished under .500. The only way out is on the court. But until something changes, we are not in a position to say, or do, much about it.

Doesn't matter if we like or not. That is what it is.

Reaction Score
Isn't the failure to recruit Reeves an indictment on the staff? People overreact every time we lose out on a recruit, but at least in those cases the staff actually tried.

I understand we cant go after every recruit, but this is a 6'5 Top 50 shooting guard in our backyard and we just completely stop recruiting him? To me that is a bigger outrage than losing him altogether.

Is it worse to try and lose or to not try at all? We just gifted him to PC.
We have the best high school basketball league in our backyard and for some reason coach has decided to take a break from recruiting it.

Reaction Score
Has PC lost to Wagner and Northeastern back-to-back? We are paying a price for being a lousy basketball team last year. We finished under .500. The only way out is on the court. But until something changes, we are not in a position to say, or do, much about it.

Doesn't matter if we like or not. That is what it is.
The poor showing this year is definitely a big part of it, but it was pretty clear that Ollie saw the 2018 Mass Rivals kids as a sunk cost when he fired Miller, who had developed a good relationship with them.

It is what it is. Perform well this year and get yours elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We have the best high school basketball league in our backyard and for some reason coach has decided to take a break from recruiting it.

Yeah. I don't understand why more people don't see the problem here. Way more top kids around here than there were in Calhoun's heyday. It's one of the things we should be using to our advantage to negate some of the roadblocks facing us. If Ollie's obituary is ever written the first sentence will tell the tale of the time he started losing New England kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom