AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that I'm aware of. But given how well we've recruited Florida, the fact that we were the first "big" school to offer him, our need for an athletic C in 2018, and the Ghanian connection (maybe Amida can help recruit him a bit?), I kind of feel like it's an obvious fit.

Not that I want us to stop recruiting Shittu or Moses Brown – I hope we can stay in on the top kids for as long as possible, and maybe snag one here or there. But I won't throw a fit if we don't, and would be perfectly happy with a high-upside 4-star like Dowuona instead.

I look forward to seeing him evaluated. ESPN has him as a 4 * (outside of the top 60 which is all they evaluate) and he is unranked by the other big 3. I hope this recruitment doesn't go the same way as Ikey Obiagu*sp? We were in on him very early and stopped recruiting him for whatever reason. He ended up being the composite 4th best center overall and chose FSU.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing him evaluated. ESPN has him as a 4 * (outside of the top 60 which is all they evaluate) and he is unranked by the other big 3. I hope this recruitment doesn't go the same way as Ikey Obiagu*sp? We were in on him very early and stopped recruiting him for whatever reason. He ended up being the composite 4th best center overall and chose FSU.
Yeah, I think that was just a case of us realizing we were in position to seal the deal with Brown, who was a true 5-star at the time. Clearly backed the wrong horse there.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think that was just a case of us realizing we were in position to seal the deal with Brown, who was a true 5-star at the time. Clearly backed the wrong horse there.

Yea, I dont think so. Ikey was on the open market for several months post Brown.

Reaction Score
Hearing staff is pumped for this visit... they really like duke

Anyone have film on this kid?

Seems like he and Carey might be our guard priorities. Our staff are really good at evaluating guard talent, so I'd beat my money he ends up borderline 5 star

Reaction Score

Most recent video I could find of Duke.

Broad conclusions based on less than two minute video:
- developing handle. Looks good not great.
- solid athlete. Definitely better than his earlier mix tapes. The scoop dunk halfway through was pretty.
-excellent hair.
- shot is good. Has a funny hitch by his hip on the catch and shoot.
- seems to have nice vision when moving downhill
-skinny but good frame.

I'll take him.

Edit: no idea how to embed video.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
- shot is good. Has a funny hitch by his hip on the catch and shoot.
It's less that there's a hitch and more that he has a really narrow base on his jumper. That be adjusted/fixed pretty easily.

Reaction Score
It's less that there's a hitch and more that he has a really narrow base on his jumper. That be adjusted/fixed pretty easily.

Nah I mean a hitch. He starts with the ball in the pocket and dips before the shot. Not the worst thing but it makes the shot slow.

The actual release is fairly high and pretty tight. Not too much of a flick with the off hand, though it's hard to tell in a grainy video

But to your point, you're correct. That's VERY easy to coach out though. I have had to coax a few kids not to stick their knees together when they shoot, a la brimah on our team. It's the strangest thing ever and I don't know why they start doing that. Probably because of awkwardness and growth spurts affecting coordination. I told one kid "It doesn't help balance you, and makes you look like a little girl who has to pee" worked like a charm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seemed like a really good crowd today, no?
Yes we had a good crowd today but duke didn't post anything about it. However he seems to be good friends with Adams as he mentioned him in a couple snaps .

Reaction Score
Pc won and we did not. Heard he had a good time but not much more then that. Asking around

Reaction Score
Pc won and we did not. Heard he had a good time but not much more then that. Asking around

This should mean less than nothing to any right-minded person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom