AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Glenn Miller did something to piss chief off, every thread seems like it contains some type of shot at Miller from chief, you mind clarifying chief?

I would rather not comment. On this Board , in fairness, I just listed a bunch of things I think he could do relatively well. I just don't view him as a big man's coach nor an elite recruiter. I have always been fair and said there were other ways to utilize Coach Miller.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Swider and Reeves though play entirely different positions. They are wings, not PG or combos.
MY BAD
you are correct
I knew Swider was a wing thought Reeves was a SG
THANKS

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lest we all indulge the crazy person so much that folks start believing him, I'll provide this reminder:

Miller was the man who drew up the gameplan for the 2014 title game

Miller ran point on the recruitment of Mamadou & the scramble for Vital

Miller spent every waking minute with Durham on his visit, and Durham committed two days later

Reaction Score
Lest we all indulge the crazy person so much that folks start believing him, I'll provide this reminder:

Miller spent every waking minute with Durham on his visit, and Durham committed two days later
Are these facts?

C

Chief00

- I gave Coach Miller credit for scouting reports.
- Quite frankly, Mamadou was all about the Diallo prize - so that was not a success.
- Miller was not point recruiter on Durham. True, he gave him a tour of facilities and reviewed courses - two things I have always given him credit for. As I recall, that was during the Bunkey era- enough said.
- I am not real familiar with the details of the Vital recruitment. But, it's no secret that Quinn and Miller do not get along - so I am skeptical about that.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Playing catch up on all three.
For Swider, the intel is that he prefers a basketball-centric school. Nova, Xavier, Creighton etc. Not as much interest in the schools with BCS football programs. So I don't think we are playing catch-up as much as it's just not a good fit for the kid. We were in on him a long time ago. I hope it changes but doubt it.

Reaction Score
For Swider, the intel is that he prefers a basketball-centric school. Nova, Xavier, Creighton etc. Not as much interest in the schools with BCS football programs. So I don't think we are playing catch-up as much as it's just not a good fit for the kid. We were in on him a long time ago. I hope it changes but doubt it.

Has he seen our football team play?

Reaction Score
Not saying you are wrong, but why would the kid care if the college he went to had a football program?

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing KO would miss out on both rivals players reeves or duke, you just know he's going to sign a top nepsac player like he does yearly even if it isn't them though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'd say that UConn is probably the definition of basketball-centric. I mean, it's not really known for football. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
- I gave Coach Miller credit for scouting reports.
- Quite frankly, Mamadou was all about the Diallo prize - so that was not a success.
- Miller was not point recruiter on Durham. True, he gave him a tour of facilities and reviewed courses - two things I have always given him credit for. As I recall, that was during the Bunkey era- enough said.
- I am not real familiar with the details of the Vital recruitment. But, it's no secret that Quinn and Miller do not get along - so I am skeptical about that.
Every time you utter the word Bunky, another of your few remaining shreds of credibility disappears. Plus it just makes you seem creepy. Give it a rest once and for all for god's sake.

C

Chief00

Every time you utter the word Bunky, another of your few remaining shreds of credibility disappears. Plus it just makes you seem creepy. Give it a rest once and for all for god's sake.

Your posts are meaningless and display your total lack of knowledge.

C

Chief00

I have a hard time believing KO would miss out on both rivals players reeves or duke, you just know he's going to sign a top nepsac player like he does yearly even if it isn't them though.

I think we will make a comeback - will it be enough?

Reaction Score
Your posts are meaningless and display your total lack of knowledge.
Right, and yours make you sound like the Einstein of UConn basketball. You've become a caricature of something only you ever thought you were.

C

Chief00

Right, and yours make you sound like the Einstein of UConn basketball. You've become a caricature of something only you ever thought you were.

Lots of tired cliches in your brief post.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'd say that UConn is probably the definition of basketball-centric. I mean, it's not really known for football. Am I wrong?
Cuse and Duke fit the same mold, I don't know if he got an offer from Duke but he did from Cuse. The response I received was that he wanted to go to a school where basketball was the focus. The parity between football and bball at UConn or Cuse is much closer than a school like Nova. I know what you're saying, but I'm not hypothesizing - I'm just passing along info.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cuse and Duke fit the same mold, I don't know if he got an offer from Duke but he did from Cuse. The response I received was that he wanted to go to a school where basketball was the focus. The parity between football and bball at UConn or Cuse is much closer than a school like Nova. I know what you're saying, but I'm not hypothesizing - I'm just passing along info.
Actually Nova has had a very good run in football at the d2 level. Top ten good for many years now. It's hard to know how much this means to any fan, (just look at the varied responses in this forum towards UConn football) but in general there is more crossover when teams are successful.

I know you're just passing along info. But either the recruit doesn't know about Nova football or he's not as concerned about football as your source believes.

Matrim55

Reaction Score

Good group of schools. I know Reeves is trending in the wrong direction, but I hope we get him – can never have enough 6-foot-5 kids who know how to shoot.

Would love a 2018 class of Reeves, Carey/Duke & Dowuona.

Reaction Score

Good group of schools. I know Reeves is trending in the wrong direction, but I hope we get him – can never have enough 6-foot-5 kids who know how to shoot.

Would love a 2018 class of Reeves, Carey/Duke & Dowuona.

I feel like you keep saying Dowuona. I haven't seen us going after him that hard, are we?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I feel like you keep saying Dowuona. I haven't seen us going after him that hard, are we?
Not that I'm aware of. But given how well we've recruited Florida, the fact that we were the first "big" school to offer him, our need for an athletic C in 2018, and the Ghanian connection (maybe Amida can help recruit him a bit?), I kind of feel like it's an obvious fit.

Not that I want us to stop recruiting Shittu or Moses Brown – I hope we can stay in on the top kids for as long as possible, and maybe snag one here or there. But I won't throw a fit if we don't, and would be perfectly happy with a high-upside 4-star like Dowuona instead.

Reaction Score
Not that I'm aware of. But given how well we've recruited Florida, the fact that we were the first "big" school to offer him, our need for an athletic C in 2018, and the Ghanian connection (maybe Amida can help recruit him a bit?), I kind of feel like it's an obvious fit.

Not that I want us to stop recruiting Shittu or Moses Brown – I hope we can stay in on the top kids for as long as possible, and maybe snag one here or there. But I won't throw a fit if we don't, and would be perfectly happy with a high-upside 4-star like Dowuona instead.
I feel you, personally I think Brown is gonna be a Kentucky/Duke kinda guy, but Shittu has spoken so highly of us and KO, I'd hope we stay on him for the long haul. Wouldn't be the least bit dissapointed with Dowuona though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom