AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke | The Boneyard

AJ Reeves, Cole Swider & David Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Syracuse offered all three guys this week, while Villanova started seriously recruiting Reeves & Swider.

So far we've only officially offered Reeves, and he seems to be our top target for the 2018 class. We've definitely been monitoring the other two guys, though.

I'd love to get two of the three. Still think it's incredibly important to keep the New England pipeline open.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Kansas has also offered Duke. Given Self's ability to identify sub-elite guards (Mason & Graham) who everybody else missed on, maybe we should jump in ASAP?

Reaction Score
Cole Swider seems like exactly what we need. I'd want Reeves too. Not sure why our staff isn't after Swider. Mind boggling.
We only have 2 scholarships right? They must feel really good about Reeves and Shittu

Reaction Score
Cole Swider seems like exactly what we need. I'd want Reeves too. Not sure why our staff isn't after Swider. Mind boggling.

They may have called and he said he's not interested, who knows. I can't imagine Ollie and staff would not at least give a call to a good player in our back yard.

Reaction Score
If Ollie closes the deal with Reeves this spring, Reeves could help recruit David Duke all summer while they play together on Mass Rivals.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Recruiting is so fluid can't believe after hami that they can feel good about anyone this early on for 2018
You are correct there are no guarantees. However if they start to look elsewhere they can easily alienate a strong relationship.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
You are correct there are no guarantees. However if they start to look elsewhere they can easily alienate a strong relationship.
This is true, but I'm not particularly worried about Reeves yet – we watched him twice last month, once with just the assistants, and one with just KO. Nobody else watched him more than once.

I really feel like he's ours to lose in the way that Jalen & MAL were. Only way things go badly is if 1) KO screws up bigtime, or 2) these 3 kids decide they all want to play together (we don't have room for that).

Reaction Score
Hope the Mass Rivals AAU connection remains strong. That team has been dominant on summer circuit.

Good news we were on reeves early....and duke before the other big boys. Hopefully Ollie and crew blaze a path up the mass pike the talent up in eastern mass has been abundant.

Matrim55

Reaction Score

Full court press.

Reaction Score
Reeves is getting a swath of high major offers and has been a huge UConn lean previously. He's not committing to PC, and especially not this early in the process.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Not liking the sound of that.
I'd be worried if the kid was going to Lawrence, Lexington, Durham or Chapel Hill. I'd be worried if he was going to Providence with a group of his friends, including Duke & Swider.

I'm not worried that PC will beat us head-to-head for a local recruit we really want, especially when we offered him first and have made it clear he's our priority. It could happen, of course, but as long as we recruit this kid the same way we recruited Jalen & MAL, I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom