2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He seem to not know much about Uconn or not much interested hope I'm wrong but hate how it starts with Uconn winning the NC stands out like it's our first. The he say last couple years we put guys in the NBA besides Bouke what other guards made it the last 10 years
Bouk, Tyrese, Hawkins

Reaction Score
He seem to not know much about Uconn or not much interested hope I'm wrong but hate how it starts with Uconn winning the NC stands out like it's our first. The he say last couple years we put guys in the NBA besides Bouke what other guards made it the last 10 years

Is Hurley supposed to keep the national championship a secret? Have Tom Moore bury the trophy behind his house?

Reaction Score
Seeing as he's currently on UConn's campus right now I'll venture a guess and say he's a little interested
Maybe I was hard on his quotes of schools but I want this kid I love the way he can get to the rim and is a tough strong scoring guards of his caliber.

Reaction Score
I assume he’s including Hawkins and Jackson when he’s talking about putting guys in the NBA. Speaking of those two, it can’t hurt that our staff puts guys in roles that really maximize their strengths and showcase their talents for the next level.

Reaction Score
Bouk, Tyrese, Hawkins
Your right about
I assume he’s including Hawkins and Jackson when he’s talking about putting guys in the NBA. Speaking of those two, it can’t hurt that our staff puts guys in roles that really maximize their strengths and showcase their talents for the next level.
I would hope so cus they didn't get drafted yet but Hawkins is a for sure pick can't say the same for Jackson

Reaction Score
Yes, you were. Spending 3 seconds thinking about these quotes is 3 seconds more than 99% of recruits do

It's extraordinary how people dissect the quotes of a child.

I've seen dozens, hundreds of these interviews happen. They catch some exhausted kid off guard after playing 5 games in a weekend, when he just wants to get in the van and go home, and pepper them with questions. There is no hidden, deeper meaning to these answers.

The only info we should consider in recruiting is who we offered, did we watch them play, and is there an OV.

Reaction Score
It's extraordinary how people dissect the quotes of a child.

I've seen dozens, hundreds of these interviews happen. They catch some exhausted kid off guard after playing 5 games in a weekend, when he just wants to get in the van and go home, and pepper them with questions. There is no hidden, deeper meaning to these answers.

The only info we should consider in recruiting is who we offered, did we watch them play, and is there an OV.
I also like the commitment within 3 days of the visit factor.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who is our biggest competition here? Are Duke/KU/UK involved or are we the biggest fish right now?

Reaction Score
Who is our biggest competition here? Are Duke/KU/UK involved or are we the biggest fish right now?
Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and UConn," he said of the schools prioritizing him.

Reaction Score
I understand why guys (Betsey, Ngongba) are still infatuated by Duke, even though it’s not popular to say here. I do not get it with Kentucky. So much of what used to be appealing with them is becoming way more commonplace.
Probably name brand cred. Most of these kids grew up with Kentucky and Duke being front and center getting the highest rated players and being propped up by the media as the end all be all. Calipari never met a camera or mic he didn't like. Those years of Calipari glory hogging at the NBA draft peddling the myth he developed top 10 players into lottery picks that spent 8 months at UK took root. The kids are just conditioned at this point to think that being recruited by and playing for those teams are reaching the pinnacle and that they are the few lucky ones wanted in their elite, prestigious club. It's like an offer from a top law firm. Whether their lofty status is just reputation or not at this point is almost irrelevent to some. The label or name carries weight.

Reaction Score
I understand why guys (Betsey, Ngongba) are still infatuated by Duke, even though it’s not popular to say here. I do not get it with Kentucky. So much of what used to be appealing with them is becoming way more commonplace.
Kentucky has the good NBA guard narrative right now. The list is really quite impressive these days (Booker, Maxey, Fox, Murray, Shai are 5 of the 10 or so most valuable guards in the league). The spin is that they are prepared for the NBA by Calipari, but really he's holding them back in college IMO.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has the good NBA guard narrative right now. The list is really quite impressive these days (Booker, Maxey, Fox, Murray, Shai are 5 of the 10 or so most valuable guards in the league). The spin is that they are prepared for the NBA by Calipari, but really he's holding them back in college IMO.

It is a great narrative, they can talk up those guys a lot. Maxey is one of my personal faves. Aren’t we also pretty sure that group would be great no matter where they stopped in for college? Kentucky was ahead of everyone with the things they did to attach their name to the pro game. I just think, in reality, they’re not that unique with that anymore. But, it takes facts longer to catch up.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah when people call the NBA playoffs the Kentucky Invitational, you’ll have some good PR to come with it.

I’m not sure kids care about how they’ll do in college if they think Cal can help them get a supermax deal at the next level. The list of players is crazy to add to that.

• Herro
  • AD
  • Vanderbilt
  • Julius Randle
  • Immanuel Quickly
  • Bam
  • Malik Monk
  • KAT

These are just the guys from the playoffs that had big roles for their team. Its crazy.

Reaction Score
Yeah when people call the NBA playoffs the Kentucky Invitational, you’ll have some good PR to come with it.

I’m not sure kids care about how they’ll do in college if they think Cal can help them get a supermax deal at the next level. The list of players is crazy to add to that.

• Herro
  • AD
  • Vanderbilt
  • Julius Randle
  • Immanuel Quickly
  • Bam
  • Malik Monk
  • KAT

These are just the guys from the playoffs that had big roles for their team. Its crazy.
Eh. Those guys all got way better while in Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32