2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who knows.. Maybe Wilcher's interest in a release from UNC is that he's hearing noise about Boogie coming to Chapel Hill
No I think a 2024 recruit of theirs is reclassifying

Reaction Score
No I think a 2024 recruit of theirs is reclassifying
Yes.. But RJ Davis Sr (CG/SG) at UNC.. Who went to the same HS as Boogie.. Is recruiting him to UNC to take his place.. And press think.s UNC is the lead on getting him..

Edit: Talking Boogie

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“The play style of the team will play a big factor for me. I want to go to a school that runs a lot of ball screens and a lot of good actions. Play for a coach that gives his guards the freedom to make plays within structure.
We don't run that many on ball screens, but we do run a lot of actions and DHOs... Hope Hurley shows him the light.

Reaction Score
We don't run that many on ball screens, but we do run a lot of actions and DHOs... Hope Hurley shows him the light.
I think that will change with our current bigs. Sanogo thrived getting the ball down low and going to work, but he’s a very unique player

Clingan will see a lot of pick and rolls because he’s so big and good at it. Assuming Clingan will be gone before the 24 class gets in, Singare and Samson are both big and athletic guys who would play better diving to the rim than low post isolation

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I definitely prefer the longer guards but even more than that I'm a fan of getting as much talent as possible and then figuring out the rest.

If this kid can get space for his shot and can run, protect the ball and defend, and the staff wants him, that's plenty good enough for me.

Reaction Score
Yes.. But RJ Davis Sr (CG/SG) at UNC.. Who went to the same HS as Boogie.. Is recruiting him to UNC to take his place.. And press think.s UNC is the lead on getting him..

Edit: Talking Boogie
Yeah but Boogie is a year younger. Why would Wilcher care about Boogie. But for this year "This came eight days after 2024 guard Elliot Cadeau reclassified to join the Tar Heels in 2023. Almost not even 48 hours after being granted his release from the UNC basketball program, Wilcher already has a visit lined up."

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Welcome to the UConn Huskies Ahmad!

Reaction Score
The Pangos Camp, for no reason at all, always has the wildest, ugliest uniforms. That picture of Karaban from there kept showing up everywhere.

Been that way for as long as I can remember too. Absolutely hideous.

Reaction Score
Yeah but Boogie is a year younger. Why would Wilcher care about Boogie. But for this year "This came eight days after 2024 guard Elliot Cadeau reclassified to join the Tar Heels in 2023. Almost not even 48 hours after being granted his release from the UNC basketball program, Wilcher already has a visit lined up."
Not hard to connect the dots here. Let me put it this way.IMO.. UNC has a higher rated reclass-Cadeau-- combined with Davis--who explored the NBA and returned-- and continued active recruiting of guards for 2024/25 classes-- which may include another higher rated CG-Fland... It would appear that since Wilcher signed his NLI.. The PT picture has changed for his position. Some guys welcome the challenge for PT.. Some run from it and leave. He left..

Back to OP and Nowell.. Hope he likes Storrs and the team..

Reaction Score
I think the dates can trip some people up with when they think guys are going to be visiting. It’s 48 hours, so a guy who is visiting “this weekend” can arrive Saturday and still be visiting on Monday. The tell is when people want to say the guy left from his visit, and he’s still very much there.

Reaction Score
Ahmad just wants to make sure he gets some chill time with Betsey while he's visiting.

Reaction Score
I think that will change with our current bigs. Sanogo thrived getting the ball down low and going to work, but he’s a very unique player

Clingan will see a lot of pick and rolls because he’s so big and good at it. Assuming Clingan will be gone before the 24 class gets in, Singare and Samson are both big and athletic guys who would play better diving to the rim than low post isolation
Yeah I agree, with the skill set on this years roster I think you have to incorporate some pick and roll (hopefully some pick and pop) with Castle/Newton and Clingan. I don't think it will look like an NBA set with 3 guys standing around and then a high screen up top. I imagine it would look more like some sort of motion action where you get some ball and player movement to clear space and then have the screen occur in the flow of the action....If last year proved anything it is that the coaching staff will adapt and optimize the talent on the roster and put guys in the best position to succeed.

Reaction Score

I guess this is why you can't take these recruiting articles so literally. He just said he's visiting Georgia Tech next week (which was in the OP here also) and then said he might visit UConn but with no date for a visit. And then within days he's on UConn's campus as was in the OP here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I guess this is why you can't take these recruiting articles so literally. He just said he's visiting Georgia Tech next week (which was in the OP here also) and then said he might visit UConn but with no date for a visit. And then within days he's on UConn's campus as was in the OP here.
The interview could’ve been from before he set up the visit.

Reaction Score
The interview could’ve been from before he set up the visit.
The interview is from this week and since he started his visit to UConn today or yesterday that can't be it. I highly doubt he just decided to visit UConn 2 or 3 days ago.

Reaction Score
The interview is from this week and since he started his visit to UConn today or yesterday that can't be it. I highly doubt he just decided to visit UConn 2 or 3 days ago.
Posted and recorded/transcripted this week are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom