2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unless someone I have on ignore posted, I haven't seen his highlights from Pangos posted.

He's strong and skilled, but there's no way this kid is 6 foot tall lol.

On the web..Different sources/ Bios have different ranges for him at 6'-6'1" from what I've seen.. But we know those numbers are frequently misleading.. After looking closely on the guys guarding him in above vid.. I agree with you.. Looks more like RJ Cole height than legit 6'..

Reaction Score
On the web..Different sources/ Bios have different ranges for him at 6'-6'1" from what I've seen.. But we know those numbers are frequently misleading.. After looking closely on the guys guarding him in above vid.. I agree with you.. Looks more like RJ Cole height than legit 6'..
I don't think he looks that short. Should be some pretty tall guys out there with him. He's gotta be 5'10" anyway but I could see him being close to 6'. Smooth game and nice jumper. I love those kind of players that are a little small, but aggressive scorers with good fundamentals.

Reaction Score
Unless someone I have on ignore posted, I haven't seen his highlights from Pangos posted.

Thanks for highlights. How is his passing?

Reaction Score

Yeah idk - only watched a couple videos but he looks short and slow. I feel like usually smaller players that are ranked as high as he is are a lot quicker. Obviously the staff has been pretty good on the scouts so I'm sure they see something good

Reaction Score
Thanks for highlights. How is his passing?

On par with other recent PG recruits like Newton and Cole. Not a pass-first PG, but that's not the type that Hurley recruits anyways. He's a lead guard who (in my opinion) seems to be really good at balancing getting his own shot, moving the ball, or driving and making the assist for the scoring play.

Currently averaging 4.8 AST and 2.2 TO for the best team in the EYBL through 16 games.

I mean it when I say he's 1) severely underrated and 2) better than Fland. The kid just plays like a winner.

Reaction Score
Who knows.. Maybe Wilcher's interest in a release from UNC is that he's hearing noise about Boogie coming to Chapel Hill

Reaction Score
Yeah idk - only watched a couple videos but he looks short and slow. I feel like usually smaller players that are ranked as high as he is are a lot quicker. Obviously the staff has been pretty good on the scouts so I'm sure they see something good

He is short. He is definitely not slow.

It's not just our staff. Look at his offers: UK, Tennesse, Auburn, Kansas... these guys aren't offering scrubs for laughs. Offers speak louder than anything.

Reaction Score
On par with other recent PG recruits like Newton and Cole. Not a pass-first PG, but that's not the type that Hurley recruits anyways. He's a lead guard who (in my opinion) seems to be really good at balancing getting his own shot, moving the ball, or driving and making the assist for the scoring play.

Currently averaging 4.8 AST and 2.2 TO for the best team in the EYBL through 16 games.

I mean it when I say he's 1) severely underrated and 2) better than Fland. The kid just plays like a winner.
Thank you... I guess the era of pass first PG is mostly gone...even w Andre leaving I think this yrs team should be one of our best in terms of bball iq and passing w/Spencer and Karaban, not to mention what I think Clingan will show passing from the 5 spot

Reaction Score
Who knows.. Maybe Wilcher's interest in a release from UNC is that he's hearing noise about Boogie coming to Chapel Hill

He's not very good. Ranking is inflated right now... I think they might have just been honest about his likelihood of PT.

Reaction Score
Thank you... I guess the era of pass first PG is mostly gone...even w Andre leaving I think this yrs team should be one of our best in terms of bball iq and passing w/Spencer and Karaban, not to mention what I think Clingan will show passing from the 5 spot

UNC is bringing in an incredible pass-first PG next year. I'd check him out: Elliot Cadeau. His BBIQ is off the charts. If that's your kind of player, I'd check out his highlights.

The era of the pass-first PG at UConn is probably over with Hurley at the helm though. You can tell he prefers to have guys at the 1-5 all be capable passers and initiators. That's how the NBA is going as well.

Reaction Score
He's not very good. Ranking is inflated right now... I think they might have just been honest about his likelihood of PT.
Yep, he seems like one of those kids who peaked early in high school.

Reaction Score
He is short. He is definitely not slow.

It's not just our staff. Look at his offers: UK, Tennesse, Auburn, Kansas... these guys aren't offering scrubs for laughs. Offers speak louder than anything.
Yeah must have been something about the Pangos video. Watched some more and he’s a lot more explosive/quick

Reaction Score

Deceptive quickness, under control, takes a hit and continues. Looks strong. We have done well with 6”0 and a bit less guards. Plus he made every shot he took in the video.

Reaction Score
Has some nice skills. but damn his gait is kind of strange. he waddles a bit like zion.

Reaction Score
Sounds like this years Wilcher. (Dude was like top 5-10 for a while)

Reaction Score
Sounds like this years Wilcher. (Dude was like top 5-10 for a while)

That's who I was referencing... should have been more clear. Wilcher has been a disaster recently. Hopefully he can find a good program to get him back on track. I hate Pitino... but if anyone is going to maximize this kid's potential, it's him.

Reaction Score
UNC is bringing in an incredible pass-first PG next year. I'd check him out: Elliot Cadeau. His BBIQ is off the charts. If that's your kind of player, I'd check out his highlights.

The era of the pass-first PG at UConn is probably over with Hurley at the helm though. You can tell he prefers to have guys at the 1-5 all be capable passers and initiators. That's how the NBA is going as well.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying about Cadeau, but the article I read from UNC said he's coming a year early and will be there this September. Maybe you mean this Fall when you say next year?
As for Wilcher, he supposedly asked out of his scholarship likely due to how many other guards they have plus Cadeau.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying about Cadeau, but the article I read from UNC said he's coming a year early and will be there this September. Maybe you mean this Fall when you say next year?
As for Wilcher, he supposedly asked out of his scholarship likely due to how many other guards they have plus Cadeau.

Forgot that Cadeau reclassified. Makes sense... he's ready.

Wilcher (may have) asked out of his scholarship because he wasn't going to play... because he's not very good. I'm not sure what the criticism is here.

Reaction Score
That's who I was referencing... should have been more clear. Wilcher has been a disaster recently. Hopefully he can find a good program to get him back on track. I hate Pitino... but if anyone is going to maximize this kid's potential, it's him.
My fault, thought you were referring to Boogie & suggesting he may slide when it all shakes out.

Reaction Score
“I’m taking a visit to Georgia Tech next week,” Nowell said. “I’m also looking at taking visits to Kentucky and maybe Miami and UConn.”

UConn: “Honestly, the fact that they’re national champions stands out. Over the last couple of years, they have had a couple of lottery picks who were guards, so them being able to get their players to the NBA is a big thing for me.”

So does that mean he's not visiting UConn 6/8-6/10 as in the OP?

Reaction Score
“I’m taking a visit to Georgia Tech next week,” Nowell said. “I’m also looking at taking visits to Kentucky and maybe Miami and UConn.”

UConn: “Honestly, the fact that they’re national champions stands out. Over the last couple of years, they have had a couple of lottery picks who were guards, so them being able to get their players to the NBA is a big thing for me.”

So does that mean he's not visiting UConn 6/8-6/10 as in the OP?

His HS team's account posted about him being on a visit to UConn currently on Instagram and he re-posted it, so my guess is he is on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom