Adubs European "vacation" | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I’m in America!

And I ain’t done

We haven’t talked actual wedding yet!
im not so sure that u ever even left. in fact, im pretty sure that all you did was go to wallyworld, buy some lawn chairs, sit around in the yard somewhere in east lyme, scouring the net for pix, and just post them.

and now, since it appears that a dog spent the evening sneezing on the jumbotron, i've got to clean up that mess, too.

Reaction Score
Here are alternative suggestions for a European vacation/wedding that can be done in the good old U.S. of A. One is in Ct.

Ten American Towns That Feel Like Europe

Wait -- someone is suggesting that people voluntarily take vacation trips to New Britain? I can't imagine what drugs the author had to be on for New Britain to make that list.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wait -- someone is suggesting that people voluntarily take vacation trips to New Britain? I can't imagine what drugs the author had to be on for New Britain to make that list.
Lol. Just came across this list and couldn’t believe NB was on it. Then saw @ClifSpliffy post so it was a no brainer to link the article!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So let's talk heroes. I referred to myself as one, but I am not actually a hero. The hero is my GF.

So I detailed the night before at the museum for the "rehearsal" reception and no food. You cant not feed a 7.5 month pregnant woman. So when we got back to the scotsman, I hit up UberEats for a close place and ended up on "Bread meats bread" on north bridge. Bread Meats Bread | Eat Local. Eat Fresh. Glasgow. Award Winning Burgers Sandwiches Poutine

They had burgers and what not and it sounded good to her. I spend 100 pounds on this delivery because we were so hungry we couldnt decide what we wanted

I remember my order.

Double bacon cheeseburger
Black and Blue Burger
Patty Melt
Chad Hogan Burger (look it up!)
Raspoutine the Healer ( a poutine with more cheddar and Bacon on top)
Halloumi "fries" ( its like a mozzerella stick, UK loves Halloumi cheese)
Tater Tots

It turned out I could've fed 10, but we made our way through half of it.

So that is our Saturday night, we went to bed blissfully full of greasy goodness.

Went to sleep. Wedding next day at 2 pm. (busses for everyone at 1230, but we had car service at 1 pm)....

at 815 our phone rings , its the bride, screaming and crying at my GF on why she isnt at her room yet. )My GF was maid of honor) But this nutjob never told anyone to be there at 8 am. In fact the brides mother didnt get there until 915, because she wasnt told either. So GF as to literally roll right out of bed, no shower, no breakfast no nothing, grabs her dress, and heads up to the suite the bride is in for a morning of hair and make up. But she wasnt feeling well, in retrospect the covid started taking hold on her especially that morning. Also the late night Bread meats bread extravaganza might not have been sitting too well.

So my GF goes up for all that stuff and promptly starts puking for the next 3 hours while getting ready..............................

August_West

Reaction Score
.....................So finally she is done with her sister, comes back to our room, is feeling absolutely horrible. Puking and fever and sweats and all that.....

Now its time for our car to the castle which is about 20 miles or so outside of Edinburgh. We get in car with Mother of Bride and step father. Give driver address of castle. He is not familiar with it. The bride and groom had a rolls royce right behind us. Everyone else got on busses that were sent to the 3 different hotels everyone was staying at ( actually more, because of the British Open every hotel room in Ediburgh was booked over a year before this wedding, in fact we went there last summer to book hotels and couldnt find rooms anywhere to reserve for the amount of people we had coming over) . Last year on that trip I said to the prospective bride and her mother "hey maybe you should think about changing the date a week or 2 later so we dont get screwed by the open" did they listen to me? of course not.

But now lets worry about getting to the wedding. In the "you cant make it up" department : 3 minutes into our ride we get stuck in a frickin Chinese parade on princes st! Dont move for 20 minutes. We may not make the wedding on time, and my GF has the sliding door of the van open to puke.

We finally get through the parade and out of Edinburgh and get to the castle, we are cutting the time close but we get there, except we didnt. The driver took us to an alternate entrance of the grounds where there was a locked gate. So he doubled back and found another entrance. Also wrong entrance and locked gate. We are then looking at Waze and Maps ourselves because this driver is a moron. We find where the main entrance is supposed to be and it turns out because of one way one lane tiny streets and everything that we are another 20 minutes away by the time we right ourselves.

Now the mother of the bride is crying because we are supposed to get there BEFORE the bride, as the bride is supposed to be the last one there and make her instagram grand entrance getting out of the Rolls with everyone watching. And we had already lost them during the parade stoppage...............

August_West

Reaction Score

So we finally get to right entrance. and obviously its a compound complete with a main castle and a LONG trip in , and a smaller deal on the water (thats where wedding was, and Hielan coos (Highland cows) . Love those things, they are pretty tasty, but they were impeding our progress!

07ECA8E8-9C87-422F-8DA3-A9C8ADC476A9.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
So we get through the coos and are racing down this property driveway and it turns out we are now BEHIND the rolls with the bride, which makes mother scream even louder. She starts demanding our nitwit driver catch up to them and then wants the horn leaned on as to get the attention of the rolls to get them to stop so we can get ahead of them................. meanwhile all this activity and bouncing around makes my already devastatingly sick GF even sicker................................

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't believe that the Danish city of Solvang, CA, "The Danish Capital of America," didn't make the list. Great wine, too!
That was the one that popped into my head. Most of that list, aside from St. Augustine and maybe Natchitoches, is awful. Healdsburg is fine, but it isn't very European. Next they will try to tell me that Woonsocket is just like Quebec City. Even I've never heard of Lindsborg, KS being Little Sweden.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So we get through the coos and are racing down this property driveway and it turns out we are now BEHIND the rolls with the bride, which makes mother scream even louder. She starts demanding our nitwit driver catch up to them and then wants the horn leaned on as to get the attention of the rolls to get them to stop so we can get ahead of them................. meanwhile all this activity and bouncing around makes my already devastatingly sick GF even sicker................................
I have to look away...anticipating the horror to come.

Reaction Score
So let's talk heroes. I referred to myself as one, but I am not actually a hero. The hero is my GF.

So I detailed the night before at the museum for the "rehearsal" reception and no food. You cant not feed a 7.5 month pregnant woman. So when we got back to the scotsman, I hit up UberEats for a close place and ended up on "Bread meats bread" on north bridge. Bread Meats Bread | Eat Local. Eat Fresh. Glasgow. Award Winning Burgers Sandwiches Poutine

They had burgers and what not and it sounded good to her. I spend 100 pounds on this delivery because we were so hungry we couldnt decide what we wanted

I remember my order.

Double bacon cheeseburger
Black and Blue Burger
Patty Melt
Chad Hogan Burger (look it up!)
Raspoutine the Healer ( a poutine with more cheddar and Bacon on top)
Halloumi "fries" ( its like a mozzerella stick, UK loves Halloumi cheese)
Tater Tots

It turned out I could've fed 10, but we made our way through half of it.

So that is our Saturday night, we went to bed blissfully full of greasy goodness.

Went to sleep. Wedding next day at 2 pm. (busses for everyone at 1230, but we had car service at 1 pm)....

at 815 our phone rings , its the bride, screaming and crying at my GF on why she isnt at her room yet. )My GF was maid of honor) But this nutjob never told anyone to be there at 8 am. In fact the brides mother didnt get there until 915, because she wasnt told either. So GF as to literally roll right out of bed, no shower, no breakfast no nothing, grabs her dress, and heads up to the suite the bride is in for a morning of hair and make up. But she wasnt feeling well, in retrospect the covid started taking hold on her especially that morning. Also the late night Bread meats bread extravaganza might not have been sitting too well.

So my GF goes up for all that stuff and promptly starts puking for the next 3 hours while getting ready..............................

You are making those of us who are not particularly close to our siblings feel much, much better about it.

Reaction Score
That was the one that popped into my head. Most of that list, aside from St. Augustine and maybe Natchitoches, is awful. Healdsburg is fine, but it isn't very European. Next they will try to tell me that Woonsocket is just like Quebec City. Even I've never heard of Lindsborg, KS being Little Sweden.
The author’s starting point seems to be not where you can find architecture and culture that traces back to a European country, but where you have a high population of residents who do. Very bizarre starting point.

August_West

Reaction Score
Can I just add right now, that the bride in her total hubris, had the wedding from 2-11 pm

and you could only get there on a wedding bus at 1230 pm and could only be picked up by the wedding bus at 11:30 pm.

Thats a 12 hour fricking wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Can I just add right now, that the bride in her total hubris, had the wedding from 2-11 pm

and you could only get there on a wedding bus at 1230 pm and could only be picked up by the wedding bus at 11:30 pm.

Thats a 12 hour fricking wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyplace to nap?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out why his 7.5 month pregnant Covid sick fiance puts up with all of this from her sister and then I remember she's marrying August_West.
Well there are lots of people with money involved here too. Creating a family rift would possibly be unwise. Pimento Wood ain't cheap.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't believe that the Danish city of Solvang, CA, "The Danish Capital of America," didn't make the list. Great wine, too!
First town I thought of when I saw the article headline.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
You legitimately have about 90% percent of a rom/com movie script. Chinese parade? Locked gates? Vomiting? High speed car chase? This is gold

Can I be an extra in one of the scenes?

August_West

Reaction Score
So we get in front of rolls just in time and get to castle, so we could all witness the glory of this psycho getting out of the car.

Things are running a little behind so it was time to get to ceremony. Gf is totally out of it but musters up something from somewhere to walk the aisle and hold the train and all that horse crap. Thankfully the ceremony itself was fairly short, and my gf finds out that on upper floor there is a bedroom used for bride to do whatever. She claims the room and promptly collapses on the bed.

Please don’t get distracted by how handsome I am ( it’s hard, I know) or my stunning use of a pocket square, and just notice that in background GF is in a crumpled heap on the bed.

2F08302A-5E0E-4996-8393-3DFF3354905C.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom