Adubs European "vacation" | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So we get in front of rolls just in time and get to castle, so we could all witness the glory of this psycho getting out of the car.

Things are running a little behind so it was time to get to ceremony. Gf is totally out of it but musters up something from somewhere to walk the aisle and hold the train and all that horse crap. Thankfully the ceremony itself was fairly short, and my gf finds out that on upper floor there is a bedroom used for bride to do whatever. She claims the room and promptly collapses on the bed.

Please don’t get distracted by how handsome I am ( it’s hard, I know) or my stunning use of a pocket square, and just notice that in background GF is in a crumpled heap on the bed.

View attachment 77835
Not gonna lie, thought you'd be fatter.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i hope that the opening number, when it hits broadway, is as cool as the one for his last adventure, visiting jellystone. or New Britain, i forget which.
wild, wild, west, dubwest,
desperado, rough rida,
no, you don't want nada, nonna dis, ....

mebbe he'll call it '(small green citrus, not a lemon)'s in love?'
'bangers and mash, barristers at law?'

Reaction Score
It's Tiger sharks in Hawaii. She's not going to the Cape.
About 10 years ago my buddy was snorkeling in Anegada . When he came back to shore he was telling the rental guy how he had an amazing time following sea turtles. The guy laughs and goes you’re lucky the largest tiger shark in the world was spotted out there last week… guess what they eat, sea turtles

Reaction Score
About 10 years ago my buddy was snorkeling in Anegada . When he came back to shore he was telling the rental guy how he had an amazing time following sea turtles. The guy laughs and goes you’re lucky the largest tiger shark in the world was spotted out there last week… guess what they eat, sea turtles

A guy I work with is voluntarily spending an exorbitant amount of money to go swim with tiger sharks in the Maldives next week for fun. Sheer lunacy in my opinion. He's had to take training sessions to learn how to fend off an attack.

Reaction Score
A guy I work with is voluntarily spending an exorbitant amount of money to go swim with tiger sharks in the Maldives next week for fun. Sheer lunacy in my opinion. He's had to take training sessions to learn how to fend off an attack.
Yea…. That doesn’t sound like fun.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t he just go to Chatham for free for the next few weeks?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No _____ he could stay at my parents house. My dad swims every morning.
OK, now I picture your dad as the Jack Palance character in City Slickers.

I swim cape and Vineyard too, but Ive stopped during the end of July through most of August. It's crazy there. Just can't do it comfortably, keep thinking Im getting eaten.

Good for him.

Reaction Score
OK, now I picture your dad as the Jack Palance character in City Slickers.

I swim cape and Vineyard too, but Ive stopped during the end of July through most of August. It's crazy there. Just can't do it comfortably, keep thinking Im getting eaten.

Good for him.

My dad looks exactly like Dennis Eckersley.

We try to keep him on the bay side but the guy's got a death wish. My mom encourages / discourages based on the state of their relationship.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We try to keep him on the bay side but the guy's got a death wish. My mom encourages / discourages based on the state of their relationship.
Chatham facing south, Nantucket Sound, is fine. As close as it is to Monmoy, I still almost never see any detections there. Does he swim on the east facing ocean side in Chatham?

Reaction Score

Even bayside beaches in Eastham have shark warnings posted.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@August_West , while you are hunt-and-pecking your way through the rest of this slog, a few discrete details please:
  • Food and booze choices at the wedding?
  • Band or DJ?
  • Bride and groom first dance song?
  • Song choices for father-daughter and mother-son dances?
  • Songs to which you danced?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
@August_West , while you are hunt-and-pecking your way through the rest of this slog, a few discrete details please:
  • Food and booze choices at the wedding?
  • Band or DJ?
  • Bride and groom first dance song?
  • Song choices for father-daughter and mother-son dances?
  • Songs to which you danced?
To which I'll add: How many guests looked at their gift bag and muttered, "FFS, what is this shiite?"

Reaction Score
Chatham facing south, Nantucket Sound, is fine. As close as it is to Monmoy, I still almost never see any detections there. Does he swim on the east facing ocean side in Chatham?

Sometimes. It’s insane. But this guy’s still dining out on some story about swimming in a hurricane that hit cornfield point in the 70s. It’s how he’s gonna go.

Reaction Score
In a sealskin wetsuit.
ch5021_43718-800x800.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sometimes. It’s insane. But this guy’s still dining out on some story about swimming in a hurricane that hit cornfield point in the 70s. It’s how he’s gonna go.
Lol. I like your dad. I went water skiing not far from there during small craft warnings around the same time, somewhere between ‘77 and ‘80. Granted, probably not the brightest thing I’ve ever done, but it was a blast. When I finish my run I was so tired I couldn’t even pull myself into the boat.

Good times.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I still tell the story of swimming out after some dolphins at Hunting Island state park in SC (where they filmed Apocalypse Now jungle scenes). They zig zagged out and I kept swimming after them. Found myself maybe 120-150 yards offshore when I turned around. Nearly pooped myself and headed for the beach. But I use it to show how stupid people in their 20s can be.

Odds of an attack are low, even on the ocean side, but we will get another one eventually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom