Adubs European "vacation" | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would say $150 a plate is the floor for something like this.

If it’s an instagram wedding and you have to fly, swim, walk and ride a donkey to get to Scotland for it, I think you have discretion to adjust that downwards.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We just got married, I'm 31, my wife is 27. Had a small 70 person wedding. One couple gave $200, the rest gave $250+ and of those most were $300 a couple.
Good thing you don’t live in Pittsburgh.

Reaction Score
I would say $150 a plate is the floor for something like this.

If it’s an instagram wedding and you have to fly, swim, walk and ride a donkey to get to Scotland for it, I think you have discretion to adjust that downwards.
If they put you through what ADub and the others were put through you should be allowed to firebomb the wedding.

Reaction Score
There was no category for "neighbor", so I put "distant friend", and the calculator said $100-$125 for PA.
I tried it using "co-worker" figuring that was close to neighbor too. But after I put in "Pennsylvania" the next question was, "Are you wearing overalls to the wedding and are you allowed to bring your shotgun?," and I just stopped. :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I tried it using "co-worker" figuring that was close to neighbor too. But after I put in "Pennsylvania" the next question was, "Are you wearing overalls to the wedding and are you allowed to bring your shotgun?," and I just stopped. :)
“Are you traveling by horse and buggy?”

Reaction Score
I’m in America!

And I ain’t done

We haven’t talked actual wedding yet!

I just started this thread of BYs Planes, Trains and Automobiles and can’t wait for the next episode.

Most important since I haven’t read all the pages yet #1 I hope AW and AW-GF are all feeling well at this point!!!!

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We haven’t talked actual wedding yet!

Sad Oh God GIF by Laff

Looking forward the laughs...

Reaction Score
Hah, not Edinburgh, but Putinler firing off some missiles over the northwestern Pacific forced Delta to cancel my wife's planned late March return from "West Taiwan". As much as she loves her parents, subsequently being locked down with them for 2 months in Shanghai was a tad bit inconvenient. Nice enough, fairly large condo with a big balcony, but only being allowed to venture outside to a big outdoor courtyard just 2X for anything but frequent PCR tests may not have been fun. Fortunately, none of them were extradited to one of Shanghai's high-end quarantine dumps.

Related topic: just ruled out late summer Portugal/Spain trip. Opting for Ontario and Quebec instead, self-piloted.
Yeah. We were talking about London or Hawaii in October. Too many stories like A Dubs going around. We’ll stay on the east coast where if something goes wrong we can take a train or drive a rental car back. I’d love for live to be back to normal pre-Covid, but pretending it is isn’t going to change the fact that it’s not.

Reaction Score
@August-West - is your blood Ox level back to normal? I've been patiently waiting all night for the next episode of your your saga plowing through the shire. I'm sharing the details of your epic adventure with my family whom just woke up from their slumber. Sorry, but they're laughing hard as hell!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So Chip! You bent over and said “Thank you ma’am! May I have another?”
I did,

I was also tasked the day before of creating a seating chart that could be taken to the scottish equivalent of Kinko's. We will explore that

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I did,

I was also tasked the day before of creating a seating chart that could be taken to the scottish equivalent of Kinko's. We will explore that
A narcissistic self indulgent bride that you loathe and you do these things!

Maybe if you didn’t have the disastrous travel experience. Maybe if you didn’t come down with Covid (and a severe case at that) I could see you holding your nose and helping out.

I guess that turkey and ketchup sandwich hanging you suffered at the hands of @Deepster and its failure to get a positive result has scarred you worse than I feared.

August_West

Reaction Score
@August-West - is your blood Ox level back to normal? I've been patiently waiting all night for the next episode of your your saga plowing through the shire. I'm sharing the details of your epic adventure with my family whom just woke up from their slumber. Sorry, but they're laughing hard as hell!
Not quite, but Im at 96 as I type, so Im heading in right direction. Thats out of danger zone

August_West

Reaction Score
A narcissistic self indulgent bride that you loathe and you do these things!

Maybe if you didn’t have the disastrous travel experience. Maybe if you didn’t come down with Covid (and a severe case at that) I could see you holding your nose and helping out.

I guess that turkey and ketchup sandwich hanging you suffered at the hands of @Deepster and its failure to get a positive result has scarred you worse than I feared.

I mean when the brides sister is my GF and my future mother in law is begging me to help because she doesnt know how to format in excel what am I supposed to say? The useless wedding coordinator requested them the day before the wedding and no one had any idea of how to do. It was actually mind blowing they didn't have a seating chart yet.

Anyway, here is the hilarious thing (but not so much) . I did it, typed in 93 names and exported beautiful font typed names to pdf files in the format requested and sent to wedding coordinator to take to the whatever print shop is called there. I even put marks on the pages for the cut points.

I was a hero. I sent to wedding coordinator.

Took me a good 90 minutes to get it all right.

and guess what? Useless overpaid wedding coordinator never actually took them to get printed. When we got to the dinner part of the wedding the next day they had handwritten place cards for approximately 20 of the 93 people attending. Luckily I was one of them. So the other 73 had no idea where to sit, and thus, didnt get the right food they ordered. It was mayhem. 3 long tables on the second floor of a castle that could seat 32 each. Waiters had no clue on who was to get what.

Even better the place cards written out for the wedding party to be seated were at the opposite end of the dais from where they all had to do their speeches. Great planning!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom