Adubs European "vacation" | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
An incredible balcony view!
57A06CE5-FD83-4008-B757-829E0F18A755.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
We had a very pleasant night in that room.
Went to breakfast the next morning and got back and our keys didn’t work.

No problem . Went to front desk and they apologized and said it was a mixup because the aforementioned 2 different rooms . Tgey apologized , rekeyed us, and assured us that it was again all sorted.

Now it was time to head down to princes to buy some clothes for GF to replace what was missing with our missing bag and for me to make my first boots mission for paramol :) …….

August_West

Reaction Score
….. so we take a long leisurely stroll down princes, almost all the way to the end of princes street gardens. GF stops in a few shops and picks up some clothes , we are about to head into boots for my score and a nice lunch when my phone rings…..

It’s the Scotsman , we must return immediately to vacate our room, there has been a mistake and the party who booked the room for the weekend is now there and would like us to remove our belongings…..

We were almost probably 2 miles from hotel at that point, plus after they assured us TWICE that was our room for entire stay we unpacked and hung all out clothes including formals.

I was pissed , but not as pissed as I would be when we got back!…..

August_West

Reaction Score
We get back to hotel and they apologize a million times but I was yelling “ you told us twice it was sorted” They maintained they made mistakes but couldn’t do anything about it.

So we had to go into room and pack up. Which we did.

And then arrived at our new room for next 3 days…….

Here is the view…
10609B43-5857-4F51-A2D5-5FD3869EBC67.jpeg

Reaction Score
An incredible balcony view!
View attachment 77751
I can’t help but notice the scaffolding on the building to the right. Just back from Italy (plenty of hellish travel experiences as well) where it seemed like half the things we were there to see we’re covered in scaffolding or closed for restoration or renovation. I get it. Things need maintenance. But it’s high season coming off two years of COVID. You had time for that before the hordes arrived.

August_West

Reaction Score
I can’t help but notice the scaffolding on the building to the right. Just back from Italy (plenty of hellish travel experiences as well) where it seemed like half the things we were there to see we’re covered in scaffolding or closed for restoration or renovation. I get it. Things need maintenance. But it’s high season coming off two years of COVID. You had time for that before the hordes arrived.
That’s north bridge

Reaction Score
LOL. We stayed at the Scotsman our stay there and I loved it. But for having to convince my wife that no, we didn’t need to get a cab from the train station to the hotel when the back door to the hotel was closer to the train station exit than the cab stand was.

But I have never been told I’d have to abandon a hotel room where I wasn’t warned of that when we checked in. I would have had a local lawyer meeting me in the hotel lobby before I got back there from my shopping.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We get back to hotel and they apologize a million times but I was yelling “ you told us twice it was sorted” They maintained they made mistakes but couldn’t do anything about it.

Here is the view…
View attachment 77752
It's a never ending tale of woe. I hope you made it to Cadenhead's and loaded up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Here is the view…
View attachment 77752
I now am emoting sympathy. Wow.

The trouble with Scotland is...it's full of Scots.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been going on or Adubs story has just highlighted it for me but this is now 1 of umpteen horror stories I've heard since this thread was started. All going to/from Europe.

This totally isn't stressing me out for my trip to France in September.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'London's Heathrow Airport recently took the extraordinary step of asking airlines to stop selling tickets for outbound travel this summer.'

These airports are the world's worst for delays and cancellations this summer

yup, it's all crapistan out there.

see the USA, in your chevrolet,
America is asking you to call.

drive your chevrolet, thru the USA
America's the greatest land of all!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
LOL. We stayed at the Scotsman our stay there and I loved it. But for having to convince my wife that no, we didn’t need to get a cab from the train station to the hotel when the back door to the hotel was closer to the train station exit than the cab stand was.

But I have never been told I’d have to abandon a hotel room where I wasn’t warned of that when we checked in. I would have had a local lawyer meeting me in the hotel lobby before I got back there from my shopping.
'I would have had a local lawyer meeting me in the hotel lobby before I got back there from my shopping.'

and do what? bark? scream aboot chuman rights? demand an investigation?
let's take a look at an overseas story where the aggrieved sent in a beagle, dressed to the nines, to press their case....

like Indiana always sez 'let's get the heck outta here.'
pro tip from the world traveller. he's been there, actually everywhere, and knows firsthand what the correct move always is. leave. quickly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been going on or Adubs story has just highlighted it for me but this is now 1 of umpteen horror stories I've heard since this thread was started. All going to/from Europe.

This totally isn't stressing me out for my trip to France in September.
If you're landing in Paris, DeGaulle was a sheetshow even before the pandemic in 2019. It's like customer service people working there get bonuses for providing as little assistance as possible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you're landing in Paris, DeGaulle was a sheetshow even before the pandemic in 2019. It's like customer service people working there get bonuses for providing as little assistance as possible.
Confirmed. Suggest @nashusky109 leave very early on departure from Paris. In 2018 I think we waited 1.5 hours to check bags.

Reaction Score

Confirmed. Suggest @nashusky109 leave very early on departure from Paris. In 2018 I think we waited 1.5 hours to check bags.
Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but we are flying in and out of Orly.

We'll be there 4 times (using Orly to fly to Nice and back) so hoping its kind to us.

Reaction Score
Been to Europe once

Flew in to Zurich and out from Munich.

I don’t think I will be trusting any future trips to that continent in the hands of anyone other than the Germans lol

Reaction Score
Been to Europe once

I don’t think I will be trusting any future trips to that continent in the hands of anyone other than the Germans lol
Funny I read all the time how bad Lufthansa has become.

I'm supposed to fly KLM, Vueling, and Iberia in September. Expecting bad things but locked in lounge access for the outbound so at least if we get severely delayed I can get severely inebriated

Reaction Score
Funny I read all the time how bad Lufthansa has become.

I'm supposed to fly KLM, Vueling, and Iberia in September. Expecting bad things but locked in lounge access for the outbound so at least if we get severely delayed I can get severely inebriated
Interesting, I never would have heard that

Granted I’m 99.9% sure I flew some American airline (not AA, maybe United)

Reaction Score
Been to Europe once

United flight using Lufthansa cancelled 2 of my flights - ended up rebooking on Delta and KLM a few weeks ago

August_West

Reaction Score
So the next day in Edinburgh was the wedding rehearsal and wedding rehearsal dinner . Because a contest was going on between parents of bride, who simply rented the castle the bride wanted to get married in, not competing, but the grooms parents decided to rent out and shut down the national museum of Scotland on a Saturday in Dick swinging response rehearse a wedding that was 20 miles away the next day, , and instead of a rehearsal dinner for the small wedding party they invited all 93 attendees of the wedding to this rehearsal reception

The bride is very self centered ( as already evidenced) and also had hired an Edinburgh wedding planner for huge money. Who it turns out is absolutely useless. The bride wanted to have gift bags with local trinkets for all the attendees at rehearsal. Did she do it? How about her ridiculously overpriced wedding coordinator? What was the the plan?

There wasn’t one. It last minute ended up being Adub and the step- father get to this pointless reception schlepping 90 bags worth of crap 2 hours earlier than scheduled in an Uber and then putting every bag together and tying a name to it. And then the bride got there and complained about it!

Also , the deal went from 7 pm to 10 ( 5 pm for me) and they had a full open bar with top shelf stuff which was nice, but no food! Just a few amuse bouche deals. Crackers and salmon. Or whitefish. You can imagine what parents of kids were thinking. I mean it’s DINNER time!

National museum rehearsal before rest of people showed.

4EA73EBC-3D5F-4254-85E3-C1B7B5290B97.jpeg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So the next day in Edinburgh was the wedding rehearsal and wedding rehearsal dinner . Because a contest was going on between parents of bride, who simply rented the castle the bride wanted to get married in, not competing, but the grooms parents decided to rent out and shut down the national museum of Scotland on a Saturday in Dick swinging response rehearse a wedding that was 20 miles away the next day, , and instead of a rehearsal dinner for the small wedding party they invited all 93 attendees of the wedding to this rehearsal reception

The bride is very self centered ( as already evidenced) and also had hired an Edinburgh wedding planner for huge money. Who it turns out is absolutely useless. The bride wanted to have gift bags with local trinkets for all the attendees at rehearsal. Did she do it? How about her ridiculously overpriced wedding coordinator? What was the the plan?

There wasn’t one. It last minute ended up being Adub and the step- father get to this pointless reception schlepping 90 bags worth of crap 2 hours earlier than scheduled in an Uber and then putting every bag together and tying a name to it. And then the bride got there and complained about it!

Also , the deal went from 7 pm to 10 ( 5 pm for me) and they had a full open bar with top shelf stuff which was nice, but no food! Just a few amuse bouche deals. Crackers and salmon. Or whitefish. You can imagine what parents of kids were thinking. I mean it’s DINNER time!

National museum rehearsal before rest of people showed.

View attachment 77769
Knowing you, I can't imagine you doing the gift bag save like that. Does the groom have groomsmen?

August_West

Reaction Score
Knowing you, I can't imagine you doing the gift bag save like that. Does the groom have groomsmen?
No. Can you imagine your former town boss doing it? Because that's who schlepped over the stuff with me. Imagine that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom