ADB on Hurley Hiring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ADB on Hurley Hiring

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're just mad because you have been pontificating for 4 months that the school couldn't afford to fire Ollie and you have been proven wrong.

If you believe this shouldn’t you want them to prove me wrong?

Open up the books and rub my nose in their fiscal competence!

Maybe they are spending all that Big Ten revenue you know they are getting.

I guess I was proven wrong in that I didn’t think people were stupid enough to cheer on their end around while ignoring they created the situation.

I promise I’ll never underestimate your stupidity again.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
So whale is a tool in both the Cesspool and men's board. Thought it might just be his shtick when talking politics. Guess it's just his every day personality...sad.

Reaction Score
If you believe this shouldn’t you want them to prove me wrong?

Open up the books and rub my nose in their fiscal competence!

Maybe they are spending all that Big Ten revenue you know they are getting.

I guess I was proven wrong in that I didn’t think people were stupid enough to cheer on their end around while ignoring they created the situation.

I promise I’ll never underestimate your stupidity again.

If I were you (I'm serious about this) I would stop supporting UCONN sports. Stop being a fan (or whatever it is you call what you do, doesn't really seem like a fan. #bizarre behavior)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If I were you (I'm serious about this) I would stop supporting UCONN sports. Stop being a fan (or whatever it is you call what you do, doesn't really seem like a fan)

So you think because I believe leadership should be held accountable and the government should be transparent I shouldn’t be a fan.

You are arguing that to be a fan one should be actively ignorant?

Sorry not everyone has a room temp IQ. Feel free to apply your stupid rules elsewhere.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So whale is a tool in both the Cesspool and men's board. Thought it might just be his shtick when talking politics. Guess it's just his every day personality...sad.

Oh good another mouth breather who wants to celebrate their ignorance.

It’s a country moran jamboroo.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The position that someone here is arguing that tax paying citizens of the state shouldn't know at a very specific level how UConn funded Hurley + potentially paying a buyout is silly but not shocking.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The position that someone here is arguing that tax paying citizens of the state shouldn't know at a very specific level how UConn funded Hurley + potentially paying a buyout is silly but not shocking.

Polycom: #notafan

Reaction Score
So you think because I believe leadership should be held accountable and the government should be transparent I shouldn’t be a fan.

Sorry not everyone has a room temp IQ. Feel free to apply your stupid rules elsewhere.
Lol @calluke liked that post

Of all people you’d think he would be on your side for fiscal transparency

But it’s just shut up and eat the Susie sandwich

Reaction Score

Personally I hope they save the money by cutting soccer, but whatever, i'm sure we'll find out eventually, nothing to get all worked up about.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Of all people you’d think he would be on your side for fiscal transparency

I am on the side of fiscal transparency. But whale has a knack for acting like a tool when stating his case.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're not "paying" any part of his "salary". They're just going to donate to a general athletic fund with a wink and a nod.

Donors are not involved.

Reaction Score
Personally I hope they save the money by cutting soccer, but whatever, i'm sure we'll find out eventually, nothing to get all worked up about.
They're building an 8-digit soccer/olympic sports complex; I don't think it's getting cut. Also we're one of the top programs in the country. There's other ways to trim some fat if necessary.

Reaction Score
Great news. No reason not to open the books and take a victory lap.
The books are open. If you are doing a technical accounting of the men's basketball team in particular, they can afford the salaries, in fact, with the salaries they still take in more in revenue that they expend, so no donors needed to fund these transactions. If you are looking at an accounting for the department as a whole, the funding of all salaries is done with athletic department revenue, no donors, no state, no student fees.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The books are open. If you are doing a technical accounting of the men's basketball team in particular, they can afford the salaries, in fact, with the salaries they still take in more in revenue that they expend, so no donors needed to fund these transactions. If you are looking at an accounting for the department as a whole, the funding of all salaries is done with athletic department revenue, no donors, no state, no student fees.

Wow the revenue covers the salaries! How about the other 50 million in expenses?

Does state and student revenue cover the stuff that generates the revenue? Like the scholarships for the players that actually sell the tickets?

If you’ve got the books post them. It can only make them look good if the numbers work.

Reaction Score
Wow the revenue covers the salaries! How about the other 50 million in expenses?

Does state and student revenue cover the stuff that generates the revenue? Like the scholarships for the players that actually sell the tickets?

If you’ve got the books post them. It can only make them look good if the numbers work.
Auxiliary revenues and student fees cover most of the other budget that is referred to as "subsidy", which are things like bookstore revenue etc. Looking at the budget, the state literally provides zero dollars directly to the athletic department from a technical accounting perspective.

Granted one could argue that is just accounting and they are diverting the money from other things to go to the athletic department and that University money in general is state money, but on an accounting basis, no tax dollars technically go to the AD budget at all, it is all University Revenue one way or the other.

And as I said before, you were claiming this is some secret stuff, it is not and you seem like a smart dude so google it, it's all on the internet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Auxiliary revenues and student fees cover most of the other budget that is referred to as "subsidy", which are things like bookstore revenue etc. Looking at the budget, the state literally provides zero dollars directly to the athletic department from a technical accounting perspective.

Granted one could argue that is just accounting and they are diverting the money from other things to go to the athletic department and that University money in general is state money, but on an accounting basis, no tax dollars technically go to the AD budget at all, it is all University Revenue one way or the other.

And as I said before, you were claiming this is some secret stuff, it is not and you seem like a smart dude so google it, it's all on the internet.

LOL

So you know what you posted was complete nonsense but challenged me to google what anyone with a clue already knows.

Clearly you know the student government destroyed the adminstration on the pathetic accounting tricks they deploy.

Thanks for making my point. When they pay another guy 3 million annually with a giant buy-out looming for the last guy we deserve to see the books. Only morans still buy it’s funded with non-taxpayer dollars. A bunch of 19 and 20 year olds burned that stupidity to the ground for fun in student government.

The STUDENT GOVERNMENT gets it. But the esteemed grads of such a high ranking institution just can’t figure it out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
06EBD82D-C940-4B9E-8074-3582A6DA61F5.png
This is pure comedy

https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

The most important thing to note is these relative children get it.

This one page has it all. In a handful of bullets disproves 90% of what posters have claimed over 2 days.

Thank you UConn Senate.

Reaction Score
View attachment 30090 This is pure comedy

https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

The most important thing to note is these relative children get it.

This one page has it all. In a handful of bullets disproves 90% of what posters have claimed over 2 days.

Thank you UConn Senate.
So to follow up on what I said about the budget, the student senate confirms exactly what I said. They also prove that with a little more googling you can find out the exact budget yourself, they did.

Whether you agree or not with the accounting, obviously the students do not, but an actual accountant who audits the books and approves this does, that is a different story. Fact remains that the budget is available to find, me and the students found it and the University pays for things exactly how I said they did, thanks for confirming what I said.

I am glad that one page did say it all, that all you had to do was google a little and stop complaining that someone was hiding the information.

Reaction Score
It's still stunning to me that people thought Ollie's buy out and then affording a really good coach wasn't going to happen. Whether anyone wants it to stay that way or not - the basketball program is an integral piece to the University an the state's identity. To let it just wither and die because of a buy out - and leave all that potential revenue on the table - is far more irresponsible.

It's been an incredibly well funded state university and national brand for some time. If the money isn't in the athletic budget - it's somewhere. And I told you that they'd find it. Which they did. Ollie's contract was peanuts in the big picture.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom