2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes it was. It was started as - "Elephant in the room - Re UConn". I saw it too. Then the thread title changed and all the posts were the same.

When? Just curious.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Apparently it was. Must have been changed immediately, or it would show up in the logs.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is the perfect fit for this team. I particularly love this quote from The Athletic, “I’m not going to be scared of nobody,” Sanogo said. “I’m going to play against anybody. I play hard. I want my team to win, I don’t care what I’m getting. If my team’s winning, I’m good.”

Reaction Score
“Just hoping Cuse is able to get back to competing in the top four of the ACC”

lol

Finished top 4 only once out of 7 years, and it was their first year in the conference with a Big East team. Rest of their tenure they’ve been middle of the pack. They ain’t getting anywhere close to top 4 in ACC as long as JB is around.

Reaction Score

lol

Finished top 4 only once out of 7 years, and it was their first year in the conference with a Big East team. Rest of their tenure they’ve been middle of the pack. They ain’t getting anywhere close to top 4 in ACC as long as JB is around.

I enjoyed the post that they are likely stuck in the 5-10 range in conference. LOL

Reaction Score
To reach the next level, Sanogo needs to improve his conditioning, which is likely to happen quickly under Hurley at UConn, and shoot and guard better at the perimeter.

“When he does that everyone’s going to see a four-star plus player become a five star player very consistently,” Chavonnes said.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
To reach the next level, Sanogo needs to improve his conditioning, which is likely to happen quickly under Hurley at UConn, and shoot and guard better at the perimeter.

“When he does that everyone’s going to see a four-star plus player become a five star player very consistently,” Chavonnes said.

I’m guessing Sal was a big part of the reason he committed. Not many teams can say they have a former head S&C coach of an NFL team running their S&C program.

Reaction Score

Another condensed full game to watch. Vs #7 IMG.

Had 24 and 12 in this game w/ 7 steals. I think 2 assists. Vs #29 Mark Williams (Duke Commit). Blowout loss though.

Passing and scoring with his left hand. At least 4 left-handed layups that I saw. Impressive.

This game is from 3 years ago, I don't think Sanogo was on TPS then. Trevon Duval and Silvio DeSouza are in this game, there's another video from this year against IMG though, you prob just mixed up the two. Sanogo looks really solid in that video.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Do you know why AMore included the Embiid reference? Is there a connection there?

"Embiid, 7-foot and 285 pounds, with the 76ers, is bigger than Sanogo, but Sanogo has a motor, his coaches say, and a fearlessness."

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

lol

I wonder, on average, how do teams fare that are farthest away from the geographical heart of the conference? Feels like a disadvantage in a lot of ways, from bad travel hours to not letting family see you play as often.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Do you know why AMore included the Embiid reference? Is there a connection there?

"Embiid, 7-foot and 285 pounds, with the 76ers, is bigger than Sanogo, but Sanogo has a motor, his coaches say, and a fearlessness."
One of the articles said Sanogo likes to model his game after Embiid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thread title was not edited

1588779079179.png

Reaction Score
If you watch any good rebounder in the NBA (Drummond, Whiteside, Adebayo, AD, etc) one thing you see is they never take their eyes off the ball when the shot goes up. Often times with high school/college kids their instinct is just to turn and look at the basket, but you don't get a good read of where/if the ball will come off the rim and when to time your jump.

Sanogo never takes his eye of the ball when the shot goes up and still boxes out his man very well. I am very confident he will be a FORCE of a rebounder for us and in the pros.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The author of the thread literally said he edited the title, but whatever you say. :rolleyes:

"Any reasoned responses as to why the psycho from Storzz is seemingly pulling in pretty decent recruiting hauls or am i off the mark here. As mentioned, no NBA players, no real NCAA success, lunatic on sidelines etc

I know Cuse is in a very good spot in the ACC, and football drives the bus, is it as simple as the Big East allure?

I'm sure I'm bitter about Cuse's 1987, 2010 and 2012 lost opportunities, oh well..

Edited tile cause F'em. To include Seton Hall, Nova, etc

Also don't think it helped that some of Cuse players left earlier than anticipated

Last edited: Yesterday at 7:13 PM"
Is “the psycho from Storrzz” supposed to be a diss? I love it.

Reaction Score
This was my favorite gem from that thread. That guy jdub30s is the gift that keeps on giving.

He’s promising a lot; championships, NBA, playing time , etc. Hes new there so kids believe the vision. But eventually he has to either win in march and/or put guys in the nba or it won’t last long.

if it’s 2023 and he’s had 1 nba draft pick and 1 tournament win, guess what? Everything he uses to get kids now won’t work anymore

Sanogo said he thinks UConn can get him to the nba faster than seton hall. Hurley has never had a player drafted; so Sanogo made that statement off of a Hurley promise.

it’s working now, but he’s talking out of his ass because he’s never accomplished anything that he’s promised these kids - he has 2 tournament wins in his career and hasnt put a kid in the league ; yet last year at UConn he said they’d win a title within 2 years. I get what he’s doing and why it works, but he better produce results soon otherwise his pie in the sky comments will look silly.

he’s already began to over recruit; this isn’t URI... this won’t fly with top 120 kids.

EDIT: also, if you look at the roster he has now, not sure where the shooting come from. He currently has 6 schloarships committed to bigs, only 1 of whom can even take a 3pter (and he’s not good at it - Akok), and 2 more to wings who can’t shoot (Martin, Jackson). Bouknight should be good from 3 but didn’t take a lot last year and then they have the Howard transfer Cole who needed a tremendous usage rate to put up stats at Howard... interesting strategy for 2020 college basketball.

1. Yes as a college coach you recruit to players about NBA aspirations and playing time. And playing for championships. Hurley has said that is his goal from the beginning. Winning championships and developing first round picks. Guess the nose picker is content on finishing 8th or 9th in the ACC.

2. Hurley has never had anyone drafted at URI or Wagner. Bouknight is a NBA player. I suspect Jackson will be. Akok if he gets healthy. Sanago. Maybe even a guy like Martin or J B F if he develops. Now that he a roster of mostly top 120 players, Hurley will get guys in the league.

3. Begun to over recruit? Not sure what that means.

4. My favorite part is the last line...interesting strategy for 2020 college basketball. I guess the strategy is to play excessively 2-3 zone while most teams can shoot now, play 2 guys who can't move laterally at the top of the zone 38 minutes each, and have a roster of 6-7 guys, which includes 3 centers who mostly likely should be playing in the MAAC and none weigh over 215. I guess thats 2020 college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom