2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Carlton, Whaley, Polley, Bouk, and ???
Don't want to derail this thread, but there are rumblings about Brendan Adams trying to graduate in 3 years. Not sure the status of that though.

Reaction Score
Keep this in mind. This is the hardest Hurley will ever have to work for recruits while at UConn. Imagine when we get a couple guys in the league and start competing for championships again. The Big East schools are gonna regret ever letting us back in. It’s scary hours. Nova.....where coming for our gd spot. Daddy’s home. I’m beyond hyped! #Hurley2020
None of this should come as a total surprise. Dan Hurley was the perfect hire for UConn and remains just that. Hiring Hurley and going back to the Big East was the best way to bring UConn back to national relevance. Mission accomplished. Nothing can be fully expected, but this rebuild is going as planned. The best news for fans is this is just starting.

Reaction Score
Don't want to derail this thread, but there are rumblings about Brendan Adams trying to graduate in 3 years. Not sure the status of that though.
Enjoying the great news on AS and really looking forward to 2020 season.. MSG will be rocking again with the Huskies..

Reaction Score
Coffee Closers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Reaction Score
Honest question, when did landing a recruit like this last happen at UConn? Deandre Daniels, Charlie V? This is a huge get for DH and means the world to the program moving forward. How good does it feel going into the season with 4-5 legit NBA prospects? This is the first time in five plus years that it feels that the old UConn is back.

Daniel Hamilton

Reaction Score
Are we able to land Sanogo in these circumstances (coming from behind against a Big East school, Social Distance zooming restrictions, etc) if we are still in the AAC and not the Big East?

I'll direct this question to Palantine.
This is how we landed Sanogo. Zoomin into the Big East.
1588700536092.gif

Reaction Score
He’s a good guy, and his life story is just so compelling. People really relate to that. This is such a good staff. Everyone’s credible, works hard, and doesn’t care who gets the credit.

Some very telling comments here that confirm how well the staff handled his recruiting. It'd be interesting to see the videos they prepared for him.

When he called me, he had pretty much told Seton Hall that’s where he had headed,” said Chris Chavannes, who coached Sanogo at The Patrick School in New Jersey, “and Danny, who is a phenomenal recruiter, and his staff came in and did a phenomenal job with him. My assistant coach was telling me this morning that R.J. Cole was calling Adama almost daily the last three weeks and that made a tremendous impression on him.”

Cole, who transferred from Howard a year ago, is expected to be UConn’s point guard next season. After a virtual visit and a final Zoom call, Sanogo, a 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward/center chose to reclassify from the Class of 2021 and commit to UConn for next season.

“I picked [UConn] because their coach uses their big men,” Sanogo told 247Sports.com’s Evan Daniels.I watched a lot of their games this year and I liked how they played their big men. .. I liked the campus and I like their gym, especially the urinals being 6 feet apart. They showed me a video of their plans to play me next year and I liked the video. It was a nice Zoom call.”

Reaction Score
Some very telling comments here that confirm how well the staff handled his recruiting. It'd be interesting to see the videos they prepared for him.

When he called me, he had pretty much told Seton Hall that’s where he had headed,” said Chris Chavannes, who coached Sanogo at The Patrick School in New Jersey, “and Danny, who is a phenomenal recruiter, and his staff came in and did a phenomenal job with him. My assistant coach was telling me this morning that R.J. Cole was calling Adama almost daily the last three weeks and that made a tremendous impression on him.”

Cole, who transferred from Howard a year ago, is expected to be UConn’s point guard next season. After a virtual visit and a final Zoom call, Sanogo, a 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward/center chose to reclassify from the Class of 2021 and commit to UConn for next season.

“I picked [UConn] because their coach uses their big men,” Sanogo told 247Sports.com’s Evan Daniels.I watched a lot of their games this year and I liked how they played their big men. .. I liked the campus and I like their gym, especially the urinals being 6 feet apart. They showed me a video of their plans to play me next year and I liked the video. It was a nice Zoom call.”

Ha!

Reaction Score

5/5

Reaction Score
Was it Willard who said he was nervous to see what Hurley would do in the big East and that he couldn't use the AAC against UConn anymore in terms of negative recruiting?
This doesn't happen without the BE move obviously.
Thank you Dave Benedict and I say that as someone who still roots for the football program.

Reaction Score
NY Post:

Landing Adama Sanogo shows UConn means business in Big East return

Reaction Score
Was it Willard who said he was nervous to see what Hurley would do in the big East and that he couldn't use the AAC against UConn anymore in terms of negative recruiting?
This doesn't happen without the BE move obviously.
Thank you Dave Benedict and I say that as someone who still roots for the football program.
Have to agree. I hate that football is clearly on the back-burner, but days like this remind us who we really are. And its just the beginning.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Keep this in mind. This is the hardest Hurley will ever have to work for recruits while at UConn. Imagine when we get a couple guys in the league and start competing for championships again. The Big East schools are gonna regret ever letting us back in. It’s scary hours. Nova.....where coming for our gd spot. Daddy’s home. I’m beyond hyped! #Hurley2020
DH=Danny Hurley=Daddy's Home=________________________ (fill in the blank)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are we able to land Sanogo in these circumstances (coming from behind against a Big East school, Social Distance zooming restrictions, etc) if we are still in the AAC and not the Big East?

I'll direct this question to Palantine.

Probably wouldn't have got Jackson or Javonte Brown Ferguson without the BE

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Honest question, when did landing a recruit like this last happen at UConn? Deandre Daniels, Charlie V? This is a huge get for DH and means the world to the program moving forward. How good does it feel going into the season with 4-5 legit NBA prospects? This is the first time in five plus years that it feels that the old UConn is back.

You talking rankings? Cause Charlie V was top 5 or so iirc. And DD was a 5star. This kid looks nice but Patrick Ewing he ain't.

If you are talking stealing a recruit, then look no further than Jackson

Reaction Score

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
NY Post:

Landing Adama Sanogo shows UConn means business in Big East return

"While it no doubt helps the conference to add a program of UConn’s ilk, improving its brand, northeast schools like Seton Hall, St. John’s and Providence may suffer. UConn can now land the kid it could not in the AAC. The conference opens doors that were previously closed. The Big East gave it a lifeline, an opportunity to return to relevance, to regain the swagger the program once had. "

Reaction Score

Somehow the RJ calls will land us in the crosshairs of the NCAA.......you just know it

Reaction Score
NY Post am paper edition piece on SH recruiting.. How quickly things change

"Conway’s commitment continued what has been a strong offseason for Willard and Co. The Pirates landed Harvard sharpshooter Bryce Aiken, one of the premier guards on the transfer market who is projected to be an impact addition immediately. They also picked up Missouri transfer Tray Jackson, a former top-100 recruit who didn’t play much as a freshman, and are firmly in the mix with four-star high school big men Frank Anselem and Adama Sanogo."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom