2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
LMAO at this quote from the Zags article on RJ Cole recruiting Sanogo.

“Cole has seen video of Sanogo, who averaged 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Celtics this year and was a monster on the boards, out-playing Rutgers-bound big man Cliff Omoruyi on several occasions.”

i really can’t overstate how impressed I am with Cole. Having this big of an impact on the program before even logging any game action is just incredible. Hell, if he’s even a solid contributor on the court I’ll be more than happy

Reaction Score

“Cole has seen video of Sanogo, who averaged 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Celtics this year and was a monster on the boards, out-playing Rutgers-bound big man Cliff Omoruyi on several occasions.”

It's a potential vs production thing. I would put the odds strongly in favor of Sanogo being the better college player (and staying 3+ years). Cliff may get taken to the league off of his size and length after a year or two with less impressive stats.

Both are good players and could impact their program in positive ways, but Sanogo is going to add more wins to a program over his career.

Reaction Score

Someone more in the “know” I have a quick question. I follow a lot, but don’t have any first hand knowledge, that being said, does RJ have a lot of “clout”up in NJ? He seems to Have a good relationship with EVERYONE in the NJbasketball scene outside looking in

Reaction Score
It’s allowed for kids to call other kids as long as they are not directed to by a coach. That would be impossible to enforce anyway.
I know it is. You missed the sarcasm.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Someone more in the “know” I have a quick question. I follow a lot, but don’t have any first hand knowledge, that being said, does RJ have a lot of “clout”up in NJ? He seems to Have a good relationship with EVERYONE in the NJbasketball scene outside looking in
I honestly don’t know. I assume he does because he was close with Cliff as well. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got into coaching after he’s done playing, seems like that type of person.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is a great news and helps this upcoming season....

I can't wait for November

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
let’s check in on how things are going on the Seton Hall board.

B45B343B-678B-4B1B-9056-1F4E59C38624.jpeg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Apologies if this NYPost article has already been posted, but it's worth reading a 2nd or even 3rd time. Fluff...

Reaction Score
When you said a *minimum* of 5. That implies 5 are a lock and there could be more, there's a minimum of 3 and could go as high as 5 or 6
In my opinion.. I will overlook other Yarders saying we probably lose four next year.. I will say we lose three next year.. But when looking at the excellent job DH /staff have done constructing the 2020 roster..And significantly enhancing our talent on the 2020 roster(per Yarders and NBA scouts).. In the era we are now in with G League and one-and-done players.. Parents/mentors/scouts/friends/coaches in their ear.. If we have the success in the 2020 season that many Yarders have stated we will have.. Roster rotation can be a side effect of a successful culture and program.. Occasionally that rotation may involve existing role players on the roster.. Congrats to DH and the staff on an excellent 2020 recruiting season.. Looking forward to MSG this year at the BE Tournament..

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
This ... is impressive. Very.

Deep talented frontcourt, deep backcourt, and stud wings. I love the roster. Now we need the execution to match. If multiple guys are solid from deep this is a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
Saaaaaaannnnnnnnnoooooooogooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! It has an even NICER RING NOW!!! Amazing get for us. I see him being Jeff Adrien 3.0 and extremely active on the boards and then some. CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!! Remember lets get duck**kin loud in our arenas!!!!!

Reaction Score
When was the last time we had this much “top to bottom” talent on the team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom