2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

Reaction Score
Syracuse lists NIT appearances and accomplishments on their Wiki page. Reeks of desperation for relevance.

They should have brought us along for the ACC instead of UL and maybe Cuse, Pitt and BC (and maybe ND, too) could have maintained relevance in basketball.

Would have helped create strong rivalries between the northern schools amongst themselves and between the group of northern schools (only 4, could have been 5) the schools south of the Mason-Dixon line (8, could have been 7). Much more geographical balance in the league. But no, instead, such pettiness. Almost like a P5 version of the AAC; south centric.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I wonder, on average, how do teams fare that are farthest away from the geographical heart of the conference? Feels like a disadvantage in a lot of ways, from bad travel hours to not letting family see you play as often.
100% think that is the issue. Syracuse, Pitt, and BC are an outliers in a league that is concentrated in NC. They may get the ACC money, but they have lost all local rivalries, which I assume hurts recruiting and fan interest. We can understand that from our time in the AAC. To UConn leadership's credit, they understood it, and moved back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
100% think that is the issue. Syracuse, Pitt, and BC are an outliers in a league that is concentrated in NC. They may get the ACC money, but they have lost all local rivalries, which I assume hurts recruiting and fan interest. We can understand that from our time in the AAC. To UConn leadership's credit, they understood it, and moved back to the Big East.
Great minds think alike?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Cuse guy's main point is moot to anyone who can read a trend line. And if you put the Cuse and UConn trend lines together, it looks like one of those old Railroad Crossing signs.
1588784120768.png

Reaction Score

That's only true from a basketball only perspective. Ironically, the Big East gains more from UConn than UConn does from the ZBE. SU, Pitt and BC are in a far superior position financially and athletically.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What’s with this guy John Fanta on Twitter? The so-called premier Big East basketball guru. He never even mentions us. Is he not allowed to talk about us until we officially join or something?

Reaction Score
What’s with this guy John Fanta on Twitter? The so-called premier Big East basketball guru. He never even mentions us. Is he not allowed to talk about us until we officially join or something?

I think he's waiting for July 1. He will talk about UConn if you reply to him about it, but in terms of producing Big East content I guess he is waiting until the official date.

Reaction Score
3. Begun to over recruit? Not sure what that means.
He's criticizing us for bringing in new players that are possibly better than the ones already here.

Like bringing in Cole who may be better than Gaffney,
or Sanogo who may be better than Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs,
or Jackson who may be better than Polley/Martin/Adams,

or Bouknight who may be better than everyone in the Big East.

It's really thoughtful for him to be concerned about the PT for some of our upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
He's criticizing us for bringing in new players that are possibly better than the ones already here.

It's really thoughtful for him to be concerned about the PT for some of our upperclassmen.

Yeah, what a joke. Recruit over EVERYONE. Heck, recruit over Bouk, Jackson, and Akok if we can. The point of recruiting is to bring in top talent, not to keep the returning players happy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think DH has done a masterful job of upgrading talent while respecting our upperclassmen.. Not an easy thing to do.. He will grow as a coach (as did JC in the early yrs) as he populates his roster with NBA caliber prospects and with his own guys..

Reaction Score
Do you know why AMore included the Embiid reference? Is there a connection there?

"Embiid, 7-foot and 285 pounds, with the 76ers, is bigger than Sanogo, but Sanogo has a motor, his coaches say, and a fearlessness."
From the article:

Emulating Embiid

How does Sanogo model himself?

“I like Joel Embiid,” he told Adam Zagoria during last season. “I like the way he plays, I want to play like him.”

Embiid, 7-foot and 285 pounds, with the 76ers, is bigger than Sanogo, but Sanogo has a motor, his coaches say, and a fearlessness.

“I’m not scared of anybody,” he said. “I’ll play anybody.”

Reaction Score
From the article:

Emulating Embiid

How does Sanogo model himself?

“I like Joel Embiid,” he told Adam Zagoria during last season. “I like the way he plays, I want to play like him.”

Embiid, 7-foot and 285 pounds, with the 76ers, is bigger than Sanogo, but Sanogo has a motor, his coaches say, and a fearlessness.

“I’m not scared of anybody,” he said. “I’ll play anybody.”
Thank you. Outline left that out.

Reaction Score
My biggest take away on Sanogo is his passing. He really has great instincts and timing when getting the ball to the ball handlers to spark the break. That's huge. He's much more than a physical player. He reminds me of Okafor in that respect. I'm so pumped for the upcoming season. I see a lot of fast break, highlight reel dunks sparked by Sanogo in our future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom