2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

Reaction Score
@tcf15 and @Storrs South dunking on Syracuse is the content I look forward to on these threads. I’d love to play Cuse in the next two years so we can see Akok and Andre Jackson posterize Buddy Boheim, just like Hurley did to papa Boheim in their recruitments. Adama might as well get in on the fun as well.
I hope we get our chance next year at The Battle for Atlantis, Thanksgiving weekend 2021. From MSN Sports . . .

"Syracuse is one of seven teams that will be part of the tournament’s field in 2021, according to college basketball reporter Jon Rothstein. Rothstein put the news on his Twitter page.
According to Rothstein, Syracuse will join Michigan State, Connecticut, Arizona State, Auburn, Virginia Commonwealth and Loyola-Chicago in the 2021 Battle 4 Atlantis. The tournament’s eighth team has yet to be determined."

The organizers (or ESPN) must put this game together. The Bahamas would be a short trip for me so I'll make every effort to be there.

Reaction Score
This thread is like a victory thread, there is so much optimism on here. Everyone should know, and I say everyone, everywhere, that UConn is back in a BIG way. Adama Sanogo gives our frontcourt power and physicality. Whether at the 4 or the 5, our post game just got tremendously better. We were doing OK, Josh, Isaiah, Akok, with Javonte and Richie Springs coming in with big upsides, but now with Adama signing we have that strong, big bodied presence in the post that we really haven't seen since Jeff Adrien who I think was only 6'6 or 6'7, but played the 4 with power. (Shout out to @Chin Diesel )

I really like the versatility of being able to play with power. Playing four out, shooting 3's and playing uptempo can be winning basketball, but you need to be able to get dirty too, DOWN IN THE POST!!!

Reaction Score
I picked [UConn] because their coach uses their big men,” Sanogo told 247Sports.com’s Evan Daniels.I watched a lot of their games this year and I liked how they played their big men. .. I liked the campus and I like their gym, especially the urinals being 6 feet apart. They showed me a video of their plans to play me next year and I liked the video. It was a nice Zoom call.”

Man, what a stark departure from 5 years ago where we kept missing out on stud big men (Govan, Stone) because we couldn't counter the negative recruiting that bigs are an afterthought in our offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread is like a victory thread, there is so much optimism on here. Everyone should know, and I say everyone, everywhere, that UConn is back in a BIG way. Adama Sanogo gives our frontcourt power and physicality. Whether at the 4 or the 5, our post game just got tremendously better. We were doing OK, Josh, Isaiah, Akok, with Javonte and Richie Springs coming in with big upsides, but now with Adama signing we have that strong, big bodied presence in the post that we really haven't seen since Jeff Adrien who I think was only 6'6 or 6'7, but played the 4 with power. (Shout out to @Chin Diesel )

I really like the versatility of being able to play with power. Playing four out, shooting 3's and playing uptempo can be winning basketball, but you need to be able to get dirty too, DOWN IN THE POST!!!
Man, what a stark departure from 5 years ago where we kept missing out on stud big men (Govan, Stone) because we couldn't counter the negative recruiting that bigs are an afterthought in our offense.

Some simple things you can show a big man recruit. Hurley often started the game with fixed plays for the center to get the ball and set the tone. Josh has been a mixed bag with his "successes" once he gets the ball but, point is, coaches work for the bigs to get the ball early.

Also, with both Bouk and AJ roaming the baseline, opponents' bigs will have to do some help defense which should increase our bigs' offensive rebounding and put back dunks. Whaley's tape would be good to show recruits on how to make that work.

And, both Carlton and Whaley have tape of them taking those 10'-15' jumpers showing Hurley is fine with his bigs' face up games.

Reaction Score
What’s with this guy John Fanta on Twitter? The so-called premier Big East basketball guru. He never even mentions us. Is he not allowed to talk about us until we officially join or something?
Did a live Q & A last night...mentioned UConn and Sanogo right off the bat. Mentions us a couple more times throughout the stream. Dont remember exactly the minute mark. I thought it was an interesting listen and not too long. Link below if you want to check it out!
Fanta Q & A

Reaction Score
What’s with this guy John Fanta on Twitter? The so-called premier Big East basketball guru. He never even mentions us. Is he not allowed to talk about us until we officially join or something?
We DMd each other on twitter and he said he can’t talk about UConn until July 1st but he will mention them time to time when it comes to recruiting if it involves BIG EAST teams. Not his fault.

Reaction Score
Love the frame on this kid and looks like he's tough. When he hits the weight room hard he's going to be extra huge. Seems like he says the right things and loves to chase the ball. Exciting times, thanks Danny and staff!

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Nice! Welcome! Can't wait to watch him tear up the Big East! (It still feels surreal saying that again lol)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Awesome recruiting work by the staff. Please go away corona virus. We need to play basketball.
Locked down in Amsterdam?
I heard a podcast the other day in which that was the circumstance for one of the two interviewees.

Reaction Score
Is he a one and done or at two year player? Seems like hes ready to bolt asap but with the NBA liking bigs who could shoot a bit he may need 2 years to develop into a lottery selection.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is he a one and done or at two year player? Seems like hes ready to bolt asap but with the NBA liking bigs who could shoot a bit he may need 2 years to develop into a lottery selection.
I think everybody on the roster is ready to bolt to the NBA asap.

Looks like a 3+ year type player (perhaps one of the great things about him) based on his style of play, not how effective he'll be.

Reaction Score
I think everybody on the roster is ready to bolt to the NBA asap.

Looks like a 3+ year type player (perhaps one of the great things about him) based on his style of play, not how effective he'll be.

One good quality of Dan Hurley is guys just love playing for him, so even if AS comes in thinking he'll be out in 2 years, he may feel like he wants to stay and win a national championship by the end of next year. We just have a great culture developing and you can tell that DH is bringing in not only quality players with high IQ, but generally good kids who love the game and are going to work hard.

Reaction Score
One good quality of Dan Hurley is guys just love playing for him, so even if AS comes in thinking he'll be out in 2 years, he may feel like he wants to stay and win a national championship by the end of next year. We just have a great culture developing and you can tell that DH is bringing in not only quality players with high IQ, but generally good kids who love the game and are going to work hard.
If he comes in thinking he will play 2 years, yes, I agree he will probably want to come back for the second year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If he comes in thinking he will play 2 years, yes, I agree he will probably want to come back for the second year.
I think 2 or 3 years is the expectation with him. His conditioning needs a lot of work.

Reaction Score
I dont mind kids leaving after their second year. Im not a fan of the one and done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom