ACC | Page 35 | The Boneyard

ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
OK, so if tempted by better offers Louisville, Cincy, Rutgers and UConn would all choose to stay? Boise State will stay for FB if they can't find a spot for their olympic sports?

Reaction Score
OK, so if tempted by better offers Louisville, Cincy, Rutgers and UConn would all choose to stay? Boise State will stay for FB if they can't find a spot for their olympic sports?

Temptations. THe proverbial 40 days and 40 nights, until the big east hits the open market. We shall see. My answer to your question? my opinion is....yup.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn was a big part of the problem here in terms of trust. UConn could not have handled expansion any worse, and that is why UConn is on track to be the biggest loser in this entire round of realignment.

Reaction Score
UConn was a big part of the problem here in terms of trust. UConn could not have handled expansion any worse, and that is why UConn is on track to be the biggest loser in this entire round of realignment.

I really wonder about you. If you mean that UConn should have been in the back room with the Liars all along, I disagree with you. Do you mean something else?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Temptations. THe proverbial 40 days and 40 nights, until the big east hits the open market. We shall see. My answer to your question? my opinion is....yup.

Fair enough. I don't agree. I think we both want what is best for UConn.

Reaction Score

I think every single football school would jump in an instant if they could get into one of the following: Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, or ACC. Well maybe not Navy. But everyone else would.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I miss this thread and really want to see it get to 100k views. That is all.
I´ve become emotionally invested in seeing it get to 1000 posts. Make my dream come true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the Big East were to get a decent media contract, the schools could afford to be loyal. Until that happens, they are at a competitive disadvantage when compared to other BCS schools. The samart move is to leave for the cash and stablility. With cash, however, comes stability. The next contract will tells if the league survives or not. That's why the powers that be have been working so hard to make sure it doesn't. That's also why the Big East could afford to give Marianetto another chance to prove that he's competetant.

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters but is UConn the only team holding the ACC back from getting the ACC basketball tournament to MSG? It seems like UConn would be the lynchpin to making that happen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
which happens first?

1k posts or 100k views?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not that it really matters but is UConn the only team holding the ACC back from getting the ACC basketball tournament to MSG? It seems like UConn would be the lynchpin to making that happen.
Reality is holding the ACC back from getting its tournament in MSG.

Reaction Score
877.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We should just merge all the FSU threads into this one, since FSU is still in the ACC for now.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If UConn happened to be admitted to the ACC, would we have to merge all threads into this one?

Reaction Score
MSG would want the tournament on an annual basis. Swofford & company treat that tournament like a boomerang travelling road show. It's been in the Georgia Dome, but it always finds its way back to Greensboro. I don't think that the Dolans would accept it on a part time basis.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Didn't the BE sign a long term deal with MSG for the tourney? Unless the BE disappears completely the ACC will never play there. They may try for Brooklyn though but that isn't "The Mecca".

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Didn't the BE sign a long term deal with MSG for the tourney? Unless the BE disappears completely the ACC will never play there. They may try for Brooklyn though but that isn't "The Mecca".
No, but a state of the art brand new arena ain't a bad place to be, either...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
A-10 is signed to have their tourney at the Barclay's. Maybe the A-10 will go for Newark? Hempstead? Albany?

Reaction Score
If Uconn joins the ACC I wouldn't mind alternating the tourney between Boston and Charlotte. The remnants of the BE can keep MSG.

Reaction Score
we're starting to sound like cuse fans in this thread!

If UConn ever joins the ACC, unfortunately nothing will change and we will be North Carolina's biatches for a few years and play our games in lovely Greensboro.

that being said...i would love to wrong...and wouldn't mind being in the acc too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom