ACC Regular season, 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ACC Regular season, 2023

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State's Jessica Timmons has left the team. I imagine she is heading to the transfer portal. That's the second player we have lost this season, after center Sophie Hart transferred to Minnesota in December.

That's 5 players who have left NC State prior to graduation in the past year, after Elle Sutphin (Davidson), Dontavia Waggoner (Boston College) and Genesis Bryant (Illinois) transferred after last season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
and Genesis Bryant (Illinois) transferred after last season.
She's having a really nice season with the Illini. I have no idea how the other transfers are faring.

I think it's just the way it is now. Almost every program is seeing significant numbers of players leaving after each season (or during as the case may be).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She's having a really nice season with the Illini. I have no idea how the other transfers are faring.

I think it's just the way it is now. Almost every program is seeing significant numbers of players leaving after each season (or during as the case may be).

Waggoner is thriving at BC, Suphin is thriving at Davidson.

Reaction Score
NC State's Jessica Timmons has left the team. I imagine she is heading to the transfer portal. That's the second player we have lost this season, after center Sophie Hart transferred to Minnesota in December.

That's 5 players who have left NC State prior to graduation in the past year, after Elle Sutphin (Davidson), Dontavia Waggoner (Boston College) and Genesis Bryant (Illinois) transferred after last season.
Welcome back home (Minnesota), Sophie!!

Kansas City Mortgage GIF by Katie Grimes + Co

Reaction Score
I may also be reading too much into this one incident. But here's why: this same FSU player attempted something similar when we played them, trying to "entrap" Nika in an intentional foul. At least, that's how I saw it. The video from that game seemed pretty clear to me -- a fake head-snap after the two of them were already separated. And in two other games, similar hijinks occurred involving this player, and finally the UVa game, which seemed both the most extreme incident, and one in which the refs reacted in the most extreme way -- and I think got the call exactly backwards. It looks like some sort of escalation, as the profilers on police shows like to say about serial offenders.
Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmmmm.............................. Apparently, the Duke/FSU game was played with a men's ball in the 1st half per Duke.....ball was changed at the half, but FSU denies that a men's ball was used at all................................shady

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Things that make you go hhhhmmmmmmmmm.............................. Apparently, the Duke/FSU game was played with a men's ball in the 1st half per Duke.....ball was changed at the half, but FSU denies that a men's ball was used at all................................shady

i just read about that, that's some mess

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech upset NC State tonight. State should probably fall down a few spots in the rankings but not out of them, as Gonzaga and MTSU (who were ranked below State in the top 25) were also beaten by unranked teams tonight.

Not a fan of FSU’s antics this season. :mad:

Reaction Score
They shoul implement Geno’s idea of women using the same ball as the men in college to avoid this happening again. Article says ACC is refusing to consider an appeal of the game because ACC has a rule players confirm it’s the right ball during pregame captain’s meeting.

Reaction Score
They shoul implement Geno’s idea of women using the same ball as the men in college to avoid this happening again. Article says ACC is refusing to consider an appeal of the game because ACC has a rule players confirm it’s the right ball during pregame captain’s meeting.

Yikes. Reminds me of the deflategate drama with the Pats. We'll never know the truth. It does make for an interesting storyline if Duke and FSU meet again during the ACC Tournament.

Reaction Score
would she have said this though if they had won? Seems like sour grapes. And if the ball affected them so much, why were the fsu girls really good? Maybe the fsu girls can play with the boys ;)

Reaction Score
would she have said this though if they had won? Seems like sour grapes. And if the ball affected them so much, why were the fsu girls really good? Maybe the fsu girls can play with the boys ;)
Per this quote from the article, it doesn't sound like FSU was that much better.

"The Blue Devils were 7-for-34 from the field in the opening 20 minutes of that game. They were 12-for-38 in the second half. Florida State made 10 of its 30 shots in the first two quarters and 14 of 31 in the second half."

Reaction Score
Per this quote from the article, it doesn't sound like FSU was that much better.

"The Blue Devils were 7-for-34 from the field in the opening 20 minutes of that game. They were 12-for-38 in the second half. Florida State made 10 of its 30 shots in the first two quarters and 14 of 31 in the second half."
If you listen, her anger is about the lack of accountability and no one owning the mistake. ACC is denying there was a mistake either for optics or bc someone covered things up, so the investigation found nothing.
At the end of the day, hopefully, the publicity ensures it doesn't happen again.

Reaction Score
If you listen, her anger is about the lack of accountability and no one owning the mistake. ACC is denying there was a mistake either for optics or bc someone covered things up, so the investigation found nothing.
At the end of the day, hopefully, the publicity ensures it doesn't happen again.
I think you're replying to the wrong response. My reply was in reference to this quote below. No idea why this response is being directed at me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yikes. Reminds me of the deflategate drama with the Pats. We'll never know the truth. It does make for an interesting storyline if Duke and FSU meet again during the ACC Tournament.

If you are watching the ACC semis and you see a old dude in a Blue Duke Tshirt attempting to bring a basketball to the court...you can say..hey.. I know that guy from a messageboard. .

Reaction Score
I’ve been trying to find a copy of the ACC’s statement, but can only find references to it in articles.

Best that I could find was this article where some parts of the statement were quoted:

"
The ACC said it did a comprehensive review talking with game officials, administrators, the table crew and both schools.

“Following the thorough and objective review process, there was no evidence found to support the claim,” the conference said in a statement. “Per NCAA playing rules, there is no appeal or protest process.”

The ACC has instituted a procedural change that the game ball will be brought to the pregame meeting with the captains for approval."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not really. Their statement only claimed no evidence. It didn't say it didn't happen. And they changed a policy to confirm the right equipment is being used going forward.

And the head ref changed the ball at halftime. Why would he/she do that if it wasn't an issue.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
OK....if a Duke player thought the ball was "off" or "didn't feel right," why not bring it to a coach's attention and why didn't the coach during the next break in action ask the refs about it?

With all due respect, it's pretty easy to note the difference. I (still) play on Sunday mornings and there are two ball racks, mixed with guys and girls balls. It is NOT difficult to discern the difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom