ACC options | Page 12 | The Boneyard

ACC options

Reaction Score
Absolutely...pay related to the money that you bring in to the conference.

Of course, there are other agendas...pay on success in all sports including lacrosse, field hockey, soccer. They have nothing to do with affecting money to the conference, but will push some schools up.

I think that the new CFP money may go more to those who 1...make the CFP. 2 are ranked in the CFP.
If that's what FSU wants then just go independent and negotiate your own thing that way 100% of what you earn is yours to keep. If it's gonna be every school for themselves because schools think that's the only fair way, then so be it, no point in conferences any more. Every one is indy and gets paid for what they bring in. Conferences can exist solely as scheduling alliances and nothing more.

Reaction Score
Japan
If that's what FSU wants then just go independent and negotiate your own thing that way 100% of what you earn is yours to keep. If it's gonna be every school for themselves because schools think that's the only fair way, then so be it, no point in conferences any more. Every one is indy and gets paid for what they bring in. Conferences can exist solely as scheduling alliances and nothing more.
If they don't start winning viewership will go down. I don't even care about FSU football anymore. Used to be big time. Primetime watching.

Reaction Score
But once Colorado left they were always going to blow up, so not really that close. I don't buy for a second that the PAC almost stayed together sans Colorado, once the pump was primed it was over. Oregon and Washington were 3/4 of the way out the door and everyone probably knew it too.
That’s not what everyone at the PAC schools are saying. Monday morning quarterback is easy.

Reaction Score
Japan

If they don't start winning viewership will go down. I don't even care about FSU football anymore. Used to be big time. Primetime watching.

The numbers this year will be great....

Like wrestling needs villians, folks will tune in to the millions for FSU's opener to love 'em or hate 'em...ESPN has already stated that they are expecting big numbers...more than the 7 million who watched FSU-LSU last year...and Clemson-FSU a few weeks later will be another big viewing game. (and I almost believe that ESPN is complicit in this wrestling analogy).

Last years FSU-Florida game was near 7 million (over twice the viewership of LSU-Fla).

I am just looking forward to another season of football...my 48tth since sitting in the stands during Bobby's first season.

When the shadows are lengthening, you realize how important it is to enjoy the present. Horizons get much closer in the winter of your years.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The numbers this year will be great....

Like wrestling needs villians, folks will tune in to the millions for FSU's opener to love 'em or hate 'em...ESPN has already stated that they are expecting big numbers...more than the 7 million who watched FSU-LSU last year...and Clemson-FSU a few weeks later will be another big viewing game. (and I almost believe that ESPN is complicit in this wrestling analogy).

Last years FSU-Florida game was near 7 million (over twice the viewership of LSU-Fla).

I am just looking forward to another season of football...my 48tth since sitting in the stands during Bobby's first season.

When the shadows are lengthening, you realize how important it is to enjoy the present. Horizons get much closer in the winter of your years.
.......and you no longer make "long-range" plans. ;)

Reaction Score
That’s not what everyone at the PAC schools are saying. .
AZ ASU UT have a direct interest in saying that it’s all OR WA fault. It takes the blame off them.
We will never know the truth.

Reaction Score
If FSU can reach the 5th stage, Acceptance, then maybe this is possible. It accepts that the GOR is ironclad and FSU won't be quite as filthy rich as the P2 for the next dozen years. I'm sure it's been discussed.
  1. All 15 members sign a contract to proceed thusly
  2. Demand a deal with ESPN to match the B1G's deal. When denied
  3. All vote to dissolve the ACC
  4. All accept invitation to the New ACC
  5. Go get what you think you are worth
B1G and SEC will be kings of football but that's not to say the national champion still can't come from the ACC or Big 12. The ACC and Big 12 will battle for basketball supremacy but gee, is there any program out there that would be a slam dunk to that end? FSU and Clemson should look at the ACC as an opportunity to actually win the conference once in a while.

Reaction Score
No one has won more football NCs in the last ten seasons than the ACC, other than the SEC.

But really...the SEC has owned college football from a NC standpoint...the B1G may have money, but it isn't winning football championsips.

Reaction Score
That’s not what everyone at the PAC schools are saying. Monday morning quarterback is easy.

The PAC schools are offering the G rated version of what went down for public consumption. The league's only chance was a big time offer from Apple and it never arrived. I don't buy for a second that the Zona schools and Utah almost stayed with the PAC after CO. left. They were all running out the door.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do NC and NC State operate under the same board of regents? Like AZ
Yes. Whether they are tied together in any meaningful way is a debate. The board is politically-appointed, and politicians skew Tar Heel historically (Governor Cooper got both his BA and law degree from Chapel Hill). The prevailing thought is UNC is more tied to UVA than State, and that UNC will choose where they go first, but we might see that put to the test.

Reaction Score
Yes. Whether they are tied together in any meaningful way is a debate. The board is politically-appointed, and politicians skew Tar Heel historically (Governor Cooper got both his BA and law degree from Chapel Hill). The prevailing thought is UNC is more tied to UVA than State, and that UNC will choose where they go first, but we might see that put to the test.
So would it be a stretch to say that NC (both) may enjoy their position as puppet masters of the ACC? Why would they want to play second fiddle in the B1G like everyone assumes? Yes, there is money, but how many P4 schools are in financial crisis? I think they may have motives to keep the ACC intact.

Reaction Score
So would it be a stretch to say that NC (both) may enjoy their position as puppet masters of the ACC? Why would they want to play second fiddle in the B1G like everyone assumes? Yes, there is money, but how many P4 schools are in financial crisis? I think they may have motives to keep the ACC intact.
Huh? This has always been about money and there is no way UNC will turn down Big 10 money to keep the ACC afloat. It’s over 40 mil per. It’s survival of the fittest and UNC knows the fate of this ACC.

Reaction Score
It’s always been the case that NC was the center of power in the ACC. NC could’ve gone to another conference a decade ago. But they’ve got multiple rivals within driving distance, and are likely a leader in the conference office.

Reaction Score
Huh? This has always been about money and there is no way UNC will turn down Big 10 money to keep the ACC afloat. It’s over 40 mil per. It’s survival of the fittest and UNC knows the fate of this ACC.
They’ve got to be making an awful lot of money from that little triangle down there.

Reaction Score

I think UNC and UVA would prefer to make this work but are mindful they may not get their wish. They have options and will likely play them as this thing unfolds.

Reaction Score
Two things affecting the "no" votes for Calford...

1...adding two west coast teams without bumping up individual school payouts

2...A response to Swarbrick...saying that the ACC needed to take care of these schools (while Notre Dame is negotiating a big contract with NBC)

Reaction Score
NC State will give in unless they got a secret pinky promise from SEC.
Stanford and Cal are way to close in proximity and devalue each other. The NoCal market clearly is not worth 60mil a year to tv networks. The Big Ten already told us that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom