ACC football. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ACC football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's fine, until in 2014 ND realizes how many rivals they will have to upset in 2015 and ask for a few games to get pushed back to 2016. Then 2015 roles around, and lo-and-behold, more upset rivals. Then the phone call: "hey ACC, this ain't working for us, we'll just play 3 games a year, against BC, Pitt and Cuse in NYC. You understand right? Cool. See ya...oh wait, can you advance me our next TV contract distribution? Thanks guys, you're the best." Maybe they'll let UVA have a home game, at FedEx field, with a split gate, if you play your cards right.

That sounds about right; but, there is no chance in hell that Richmond politicians will allow UVA to play a ‘home’ game against ND or anyone at FedEx field, which is in Maryland.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That sounds about right; but, there is no chance in hell that Richmond politicians will allow UVA to play a ‘home’ game against ND or anyone at FedEx field, which is in Maryland.

Well then, ND tried. It's your fault UVA.

Reaction Score
So they(ACC)travel deep into Yankee territory(yes,miami)to find BC,Miami and VT schools not considered hoop powers but FB names just to hold 1 game? Why not elevate a school in the south to accomplish two things(helping a brotha)? I mean BC? What?800 miles away deep in New England and stamp them ACC? No wonder after their roster full of BE players graduated we seen they're decline...at least until now? I give props to Va's Gov for pushing a brotha(VT) in though over carpetbagger Cuse !! Funny,VT did the most for the ACC's image of the "invaders", but appear to now be in a decline(which may help UVa) though it has'nt showed dramatically in there record yet?

Folks forget that FSU and Miami have been tied together as rivals for FSU's football life. FSU was, prior to 2003, playing in two conferences...the ACC and the Big Florida.

The only one that really counted to fans was the Big Florida...Florida and Miami.

It just made sense to have Miami in the ACC with FSU...

Reaction Score
Folks forget that FSU and Miami have been tied together as rivals for FSU's football life. FSU was, prior to 2003, playing in two conferences...the ACC and the Big Florida.

The only one that really counted to fans was the Big Florida...Florida and Miami.

Well to be honest Miami tho more culturally in tune with NY than the south did'nt strike me as so much a traitor as the rest (VT too) esp BC and now Cuse(tho understandable) by the sneaky way they operated! I respect WVU and anyone who works above board. But it is what it is now for better or worse though I think FB should stay in their regional conference to keep local interest and rivalries hot and play the others OOC !?! Miami I really don't have any real emotions about tho we all love a shot at them and their image.

Reaction Score

The Big Florida in the '80s and '90s was some INTENSE football. That '87 FSU-Miami game was the game of the decade, IMHO.

Even UNC and Duke agreed with having Miami in the ACC. Adding them to get to 10 teams was the one expansion scenario that they would've agreed with, according to papers here at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom