ACC by Tues? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC by Tues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also, why does everyone seem to think just because Warde is BFF with Master Bates that BC won't be an issue for us? This issue isn't being handled at the AD level. It's on the presidential level. Susan said that last year, and unfortunately for us, Leahy still runs BC and he hates us.

The Midget at Miami doesn't like us either. Tra la la la.......

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Miami might as well be considered a dead Football program to the ACC....their vote shouldn't count! BTW....wtf is taking the NCAA so long on those sanctions?!?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The ACC would presumably be o.k. playing the event in MSG on a rotation, but I don't ever see it being willing to go to the Garden every year. which means it won't be able to outbid an east coast conference that does want to use the garden every year.

I agree and could see rotating the ACC championship game between NC, NYC and maybe Atlanta.

But can someone explain this fascination with MSG? I don't get it. Outside of the NY metro area it is just an old, substandard arena with lousy sight-lines. There is no more magic associated with the place. Barclays in Brooklyn is sure to be much nicer. I felt the same way about all the proposed football games in Yankee Stadium discussed on the board. Who the hell would want that? The Bronx is a s**thole that is hardly conducive to tailgating, and the stadium would be terrible for football.

Reaction Score
I agree and could see rotating the ACC championship game between NC, NYC and maybe Atlanta.

But can someone explain this fascination with MSG? I don't get it. Outside of the NY metro area it is just an old, substandard arena with lousy sight-lines. There is no more magic associated with the place. Barclays in Brooklyn is sure to be much nicer. I felt the same way about all the proposed football games in Yankee Stadium discussed on the board. Who the hell would want that? The Bronx is a s**thole that is hardly conducive to tailgating, and the stadium would be terrible for football.

The old Boston Garden sucked too. But the game and aura there was electric. The new arenas just don't bring it. There is something about the lighting and the sightlines at MSG that make the viewer hone in on the action, as though watching on a TV set. In these new arenas, you feel like you've been tossed into an aircraft hangar for reasons unknown.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The old Boston Garden sucked too. But the game and aura there was electric. The new arenas just don't bring it. There is something about the lighting and the sightlines at MSG that make the viewer hone in on the action, as though watching on a TV set. In these new arenas, you feel like you've been tossed into an aircraft hangar for reasons unknown.

I have enjoyed it for the BE conference tournament, but I don't think that most people in the younger generations or outside of NY, attach much of an aura to it anymore. We make too much of it.

Edit: BTW, having watched lots of games in Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, I do agree that the old places can be electric. So much more exciting a venue than Gampel.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
MSG is in the midst of a complete renovation. It is still the Mecca of college basketball but admittedly if the media stops referring to it in that way people will forget.

Reaction Score
I have enjoyed it for the BE conference tournament, but I don't think that most people in the younger generations or outside of NY, attach much of an aura to it anymore. We make too much of it.

I beg to differ. Me and my college buddies go down to the BET every year and we can't get enough MSG. Whether its playing a regular season game against Duke or the 6 OT game the experience is awesome (maybe its just too many beers with the pretzel stick)

Reaction Score

1. Madison Square Garden is college basketball, and is easier to get to from all corners of the Metropolitan area than Brooklyn or Newark will ever be. I don't know how old you are, but it's really hard to understand that statement.

2. No one wants to play regularly at Yankee Stadium, but would it be fun once or twice as a lark? Sure. And how can you say it's not conducive to tailgating? Have you ever been to a Yankee game? People tailgate in the lot across the Deegan from the Stadium, and people even tailgate in the parking garage. For baseball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
1. Madison Square Garden is college basketball, and is easier to get to from all corners of the Metropolitan area than Brooklyn or Newark will ever be. I don't know how old you are, but it's really hard to understand that statement.

2. No one wants to play regularly at Yankee Stadium, but would it be fun once or twice as a lark? Sure. And how can you say it's not conducive to tailgating? Have you ever been to a Yankee game? People tailgate in the lot across the Deegan from the Stadium, and people even tailgate in the parking garage. For baseball.

I'm 46, been to MSG several times for the BET. But I've also lived outside the northeast, where 1. NY is hated and 2. few people think MSG is a big deal.

As for tailgaiting....merely attempting to drive into the city is itself not conducive to tailgaiting. NY is the worst city in America to attempt to drive into. There's a reason the Giants and Jets play in New Jersey.

Reaction Score
If you don't like traffic, you shouldn't live in the Northeast. The Yankee Stadium parkinig lots, where people tailgate, are closer to a highway than the parking in the REnt is.

Seriously, you have nothing better to whine about than this?

Reaction Score
MSG is COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

Yes ... I guess I am old. Watched Pete Maravich in the NIT (had to be late 60's ... right?). But, there is nothing any other arena/event has over my 20 year Plus Big East Championship attendance. There is no better experience (from lots of perspectives).

If you don't think MSG & the BET was the biggest deal going ... than you really did not experience it.

Reaction Score
Uconn has informed Big East they are preparing to move to the ACC

https://twitter.com/MHver3

Also stated 15 teams have contacted Big 12. Also stated NOVA and Georgetown have contacted A10?

Reaction Score
If you don't like traffic, you shouldn't live in the Northeast. The Yankee Stadium parkinig lots, where people tailgate, are closer to a highway than the parking in the REnt is.

Seriously, you have nothing better to whine about than this?

Baffles me why anyone would go to NYC from New England and NOT take metro north. Doesn't lend itself to tailgating but there's plenty of bars outside Yankee stadium to suffice. I'm stoked at the possibility of metro north going all the way into springfield.

Reaction Score
Uconn has informed Big East they are preparing to move to the ACC

https://twitter.com/MHver3

Also stated 15 teams have contacted Big 12. Also stated NOVA and Georgetown have contacted A10?

I find the thought of 'Nova and Georgetown having contacted the A Ten incredibly laughable. Maybe the ACC but not the A Ten. If the Catholics are splitting off, Nova and Georgetown and teh rest of them will form their own conference and invite some from the A Ten. It will not be the other way around.

Reaction Score
I find the thought of 'Nova and Georgetown having contacted the A Ten incredibly laughable. Maybe the ACC but not the A Ten. If the Catholics are splitting off, Nova and Georgetown and teh rest of them will form their own conference and invite some from the A Ten. It will not be the other way around.

The A-10 is a solid conference. I wouldn't doubt the tweet, contacting the A-10 doesn't mean bowing to the A-10. If GT & Nova found a home in the a-10, they would do just fine.

Reaction Score
The A-10 is a solid conference. I wouldn't doubt the tweet, contacting the A-10 doesn't mean bowing to the A-10. If GT & Nova found a home in the a-10, they would do just fine.

Look at the A-Ten's tv contract. Not happening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
MSG is a great place to see a game and there are plenty of places to eat or drink in the vicinity. Manhattan has an energy that can't be topped in, say, Greensboro. The history of the place is incredible. Think of all the great BET games. Ray Ray's big shot against Georgetown, our 6OT game against the 'cuse and especially Kemba and kids run in 2011. Generations of kids have been told it is the Mecca of college BBall, so to them the opportunity to play their is special, especially for NYC kids, who, as it turns out are pretty good basketball players. They elevate their game causing them to create more history. It's a special place the death the BET is a sad, sad consequence of conference realignment. Those of us who witnessed it first hand are fortunate. The BET when the BE was in it's prime was something special.

Reaction Score
will you stop posting stuff from this bc interruption?? its complete and utter nonsense.

The delusions there are incredible.

" If the league decides to keep the existing Atlantic / Coastal divisional alignment but replaces either Syracuse or Notre Dame for UConn as BC's primary hoops partner, I think that's a loss. No offense to the UConn folk, but Syracuse and Notre Dame seem like better permanent rivals than Connecticut"

Some of the comments are utterly idiotic.

Reaction Score
The delusions there are incredible.

" If the league decides to keep the existing Atlantic / Coastal divisional alignment but replaces either Syracuse or Notre Dame for UConn as BC's primary hoops partner, I think that's a loss. No offense to the UConn folk, but Syracuse and Notre Dame seem like better permanent rivals than Connecticut"

so I guess the answer to Matt's question is "no," people won't.

Some of the comments are utterly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom