ACC & BIG SOUTH Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH Thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hoping it's not serious, however it's possible for Day-Wilson to play more minutes if necessary. She's used to a heavy workload. Not ideal, but it's possible.

Guards are our deepest position, as Goodchild has been inserted into the starting lineup and has played well. I like Day-Wilson coming off of the bench... she played 30 minutes today. Taylor is invaluable with her all around play though,

Watching her in action in the exhibition game, and seeing how hard she plays.. I just hoped she could go the entire season without hurting herself diving on the court, or diving out of bounds. My initial thought upon reading that she got injured was that it was the result of her going all out chasing after a loose ball or something. Apparently she was just waiting for a pass and the Syracuse defender just ran full speed at her trying for the ball. I'll have to watch the replay to see the game.

Reaction Score
Guards are our deepest position, as Goodchild has been inserted into the starting lineup and has played well. I like Day-Wilson coming off of the bench... she played 30 minutes today. Taylor is invaluable with her all around play though,

Watching her in action in the exhibition game, and seeing how hard she plays.. I just hoped she could go the entire season without hurting herself diving on the court, or diving out of bounds. My initial thought upon reading that she got injured was that it was the result of her going all out chasing after a loose ball or something. Apparently she was just waiting for a pass and the Syracuse defender just ran full speed at her trying for the ball. I'll have to watch the replay to see the game.
Agreed. Taylor plays hard all the time. I thought I read something about it being a flagrant foul. That's unfortunate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Potential tough news for VPI.. Aisha Sheppard suffers a knee injury yesterday..

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Costly victory for Duke. I didn't see the game, but looked at the box score and saw that Celeste Taylor only played 15 minutes. Reading online, saw that she suffered a shoulder injury on a flagrant foul by Syracuse. Was later seen on the bench in an arm sling. A major major blow to the Blue Devil's quest to finish in the top 4 in the conference.....maybe in the top 8. :(
Any update on Taylor? She was sorely missed tonight against VT…

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

She's reminiscent of the previous #2 for HPU... a diminutive guard and fellow Ohioan... 2019-20 Big South Player of the year, Camryn Brown.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh good grief. If players are being granted immediate eligibility when transferring in season now, this is gonna get totally insane. The NCAA, like usual, has no idea what they are doing. :eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Huh? Clemson got blown out by Louisville and barely beat a horrible Virginia team, yet somehow got a co-POW? How does that work? I demand a recount.

Reaction Score
Huh? Clemson got blown out by Louisville and barely beat a horrible Virginia team, yet somehow got a co-POW? How does that work? I demand a recount.
Conference has to throw some accolades to it’s cash cow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not biased at all... but Scott is the best player in the Big South.... no doubt in my mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom