ACC & BIG SOUTH Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH Thread

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
If I were a Iowa fan, I would be a bit nervous. You kinda already know what kind of team Iowa is.... Duke is still a bit of an unknown factor at this point. In two more weeks.... we should be any better as our chemistry improves and roles are more defined.

I hate that the game is gonna tip off after 9pm... that's ridiculous, and the crowd will not be a large as it would have been at a 7pm tipoff.
I will say, I'd much rather face you (Duke) in early December as opposed to, say, later February with 2.5 added months of team chemistry under your belts.

Yeah the start time is crazy! That should benefit Iowa as it will feel like 8pmCT for us.

Another thing that makes me nervous is that it will be our first "true" away game. We played @ Northern Iowa but there were as many Iowa fans as UNI fans in attendance. We also play down in Cancun next week but neutral courts are certainly different than a true road game.

I'm curious how big or small Imani Mosely's role will be for you this season. I watched her a bunch at Wisconsin -- great player but had very little help there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I will say, I'd much rather face you (Duke) in early December as opposed to, say, later February with 2.5 added months of team chemistry under your belts.

Yeah the start time is crazy! That should benefit Iowa as it will feel like 8pmCT for us.

Another thing that makes me nervous is that it will be our first "true" away game. We played @ Northern Iowa but there were as many Iowa fans as UNI fans in attendance. We also play down in Cancun next week but neutral courts are certainly different than a true road game.

I'm curious how big or small Imani Mosely's role will be for you this season. I watched her a bunch at Wisconsin -- great player but had very little help there.

Imani Lewis. Not getting a ton of minutes.. about 14 minutes per game, but when she is in the game.... she's very effective. She was the player of the game in the first game... despite playing only 16 minutes, didn't play at Dayton, had 8 pts..9 rebounds, and 1 block in 13 minutes on Sunday.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yall need to simmer down a bit in here.
cooking - kitchen safety 1949 boiling GIF

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since this is a Trisd thread , what is in the pot simmering ?

Reminds me I need to go to the store, I said I was gonna make spaghetti this week... and the week is almost over.

He said he needed to simmer down. It’s broth.

I said yall needed to simmer down...yall were getting outta pocket.

Reaction Score
Reminds me I need to go to the store, I said I was gonna make spaghetti this week... and the week is almost over.
Lol clearly you’re not a CT er. 1/2 of CT is Italian, and I can’t fathom not having a box of spaghetti (or macaroni) in my pantry.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State beat Kansas State Friday night, 90-69.

I think KState will make some noise in the Big 12. They are tall!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whoever does the Duke social media and stuff deserves a raise.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoever does the Duke social media and stuff deserves a raise.

That is some strange footwork on her jump shot where she seems to regularly spread her feet significantly when landing.

Reaction Score
So much for Louisville being overrated. Up 41-17 over #12 Michigan.

Unless Michigan is way overrated.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I think everybody (I guess other than South Carolina) is overrated this year, so we hit the reset button and maybe everybody is about where they are supposed to be?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Notre Dame, Duke...maybe even UNC needing spots in my next BY Top 25 poll. My next ballot will bear little resemblance to the one I submitted just last week.

Reaction Score

I had just read how many nice wins Michigan had and was thinking maybe I got them wrong. But then this.

Reaction Score

I think everybody (I guess other than South Carolina) is overrated this year, so we hit the reset button and maybe everybody is about where they are supposed to be?

With how the season has played out so far, I don't know if the word overrated makes sense. Could it be that we're finally seeing some parity within the NCAAW landscape?

I can't remember where I saw it on Twitter, but someone had put together a clever sentence that detailed the crazy scenarios that had happened by the Thanksgiving weekend. It was true though because there has been no rhyme or reason to some of these games.

It seems that we're in for an unpredictable season and we're getting games that are much more competitive. It's better for the game overall from what I'm seeing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom