12) Pitt
13) Clemson
14) Syracuse
15) UVA

Sleeper teams.... Duke and Pitt...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess you will be updating this whenever any of the 1000* portal entries transfer into any ACC school. Might keep you busy. ?

*fictitious number

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought you refrained from alcohol? There is no way Duke finishes 4th. You have shortchanged FSU (who’s assistant coach HAS proven SHE knows how to coach :rolleyes:) and NC given their quality recruiting and you have overestimated ND whose coach still has much to prove.

What does the Blue Devil starting lineup even look like beyond the one legitimate starter of Celeste Taylor (who is quite honestly a role player or Beta on a good team)?

Reaction Score
How does Syracuse get ranked lower than Clemson? I know they've got their transfer issues, but doesn't Clemson have a lot of players leaving too? At least with Syracuse, they have a decent 2021 class coming in. I don't know if the same can be said about Clemson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How does Syracuse get ranked lower than Clemson? I know they've got their transfer issues, but doesn't Clemson have a lot of players leaving too? At least with Syracuse, they have a decent 2021 class coming in. I don't know if the same can be said about Clemson.

Very early prediction.... I may have another by this afternoon :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought you refrained from alcohol? There is no way Duke finishes 4th. You have shortchanged FSU (who’s assistant coach HAS proven SHE knows how to coach :rolleyes:) and NC given their quality recruiting and you have overestimated ND whose coach still has much to prove.

What does the Blue Devil starting lineup even look like beyond the one legitimate starter of Celeste Taylor (who is quite honestly a role player or Beta on a good team)?

NC has a quality recruiting class, but they lost a TON, and their returnees outside of one player weren't that impressive. I always overestimate ND, so you may have a point there. You are more bullish on a 10-9 team than I am...perhaps I can move FSU up to 6th.

My projected Duke starting lineup.. De Jesus, Taylor, Gordon, Lewis, and Williams... with solid backups... with a young hungry coach, and a young hungry fanbase... I'm buying stock in Duke.

Oh.. and no alcohol since late October.. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Spears is a good young building block for Wake. Losing both Conti and Raca is crippling, but hopefully they can avoid the ACC cellar

Reaction Score
Spears is a good young building block for Wake. Losing both Conti and Raca is crippling, but hopefully they can avoid the ACC cellar

What are your thoughts on Nya Becker's transfer to Wake Forest from Utah? Her time at Utah was a mixed bag from what I saw. I'm curious to know how you'd see her fitting in with this program.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Nya Becker's transfer to Wake Forest from Utah? Her time at Utah was a mixed bag from what I saw. I'm curious to know how you'd see her fitting in with this program.

I saw that transfer listed a few weeks ago. Honestly I spent the same amount of time last season watching Utah basketball as I did eating broccoli ? I see she is 6'2.... so I assume she will fill the role left by Raca. Don't know anything else about her.

Reaction Score
I saw that transfer listed a few weeks ago. Honestly I spent the same amount of time last season watching Utah basketball as I did eating broccoli ? I see she is 6'2.... so I assume she will fill the role left by Raca. Don't know anything else about her.
From what I remember during her one season in Ontario with the OSBA league, she moves well, can handle the ball for her size and can shoot from the outside. She played on the same team as Maskewich who is with UCLA and they were a good tandem.

I wonder if she can do the same with Morra. They've played against and trained together through Canada Basketball. I'll definitely be paying more attention this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a mascot vs mascot battle...... the yellow jackets would win :D Between this game, their annual battle with UGA.. and the ACC/Big 10 matchup... looks like the jackets will have a pretty solid non-conference schedule

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ACC vs Big 10 matchups announced..

Maryland vs Miami??? oh well.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
NC State at Indiana should be good: a Sweet 16 rematch. Also looking forward to Louisville at Michigan and Iowa at Duke.

Reaction Score
The Virginia Tech vs Wisconsin and Clemson vs Northwestern games have me scratching my head.

I think VT versus Northwestern would be much more intriguing. Clemson and Wisconsin seem like a better match up competition-wise too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Virginia Tech vs Wisconsin and Clemson vs Northwestern games have me scratching my head.

I think VT versus Northwestern would be much more intriguing. Clemson and Wisconsin seem like a better match up competition-wise too.

Yeah..... every year they have some strange matchups. I was suprised that Duke drew Iowa. I assumed we would get a mid-level Big 10 team like Purdue or Michigan State. VPI is a top 6 team in the ACC this season.. i figure Wisconsin will be near the bottom of the Big 10.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Yeah..... every year they have some strange matchups. I was suprised that Duke drew Iowa. I assumed we would get a mid-level Big 10 team like Purdue or Michigan State. VPI is a top 6 team in the ACC this season.. i figure Wisconsin will be near the bottom of the Big 10.
Some of the matchups each year are puzzling to me as well. Like NC State @ Indiana should be a great game, but why on earth did they pair Maryland with Miami? (Did it potentially influence things that Maryland plays NC State the week before?)

I'll tell you now though, as an Iowa fan I don't feel great about playing Duke, especially on the road. We haven't faired well in the B1G/ACC challenge overall. The only opponents we've beaten in the last seven years are Clemson and Virginia -- not exactly powerhouse programs. Otherwise we've been crushed by Notre Dame twice, Louisville once, and had two close losses against FSU.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some of the matchups each year are puzzling to me as well. Like NC State @ Indiana should be a great game, but why on earth did they pair Maryland with Miami? (Did it potentially influence things that Maryland plays NC State the week before?)

I'll tell you now though, as an Iowa fan I don't feel great about playing Duke, especially on the road. We haven't faired well in the B1G/ACC challenge overall. The only opponents we've beaten in the last seven years are Clemson and Virginia -- not exactly powerhouse programs. Otherwise we've been crushed by Notre Dame twice, Louisville once, and had two close losses against FSU.

If I were a Iowa fan, I would be a bit nervous. You kinda already know what kind of team Iowa is.... Duke is still a bit of an unknown factor at this point. In two more weeks.... we should be any better as our chemistry improves and roles are more defined.

I hate that the game is gonna tip off after 9pm... that's ridiculous, and the crowd will not be a large as it would have been at a 7pm tipoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom