ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no issue with Day-Wilson being left off, I can't think of who she would replace on this list. I didn't see much of Syracuse last year, but since Carr is a fifth year player, I'd give her the nod over Day-Wilson. It's gonna be interesting to see how Fair performs this year in a higher level league.
I'm looking forward to seeing how she does as well. I enjoyed watching her when she played at Buffalo. The fact some of her team mates also transferred to Syracuse may help make the transition easier.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing how she does as well. I enjoyed watching her when she played at Buffalo. The fact some of her team mates also transferred to Syracuse may help make the transition easier.
Tennessee couldn't guard her in the NCAA tournament, she and Hyman who was the best player on Syracuse last year will give every team nightmares.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I did say a few weeks (months?) ago, that Duke would be dog walking some opponents this season. Looks like Coach Lawson listened to me, and boom.. here we are.

On a serious note,

Duke Puppy KIndergarten

The Duke Puppy Kindergarten is a longitudinal study funded by the National Institute of Health to assess the impact of different rearing strategies on the behavior and cognitive development of assistance dogs. The goal of the project is to increase the supply of assistance dogs and to see more dogs graduate and serve more people.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just when I was thinking I would have to wait until Nov 7 to see my team in action, this pops up on my Twitter

giphy.gif

Not only do I get to see my favorite squad... I get to stop by the best donut shop in NC on the way there. Daily Donuts here I come :)

Reaction Score

Wings are always tricky for me. Is it exclusively the 3, or does the 2 position count?

Reaction Score

Wings are always tricky for me. Is it exclusively the 3, or does the 2 position count?

I have the same challenge. Based on this list, with Citron included I'm guessing players who play the 2 position can be considered.

Reaction Score

Some teams play three guards on the court and one of those guards who is either a combo guard or a two guard has to play and guard the wing spot. Cam Swartz and Kennedy Todd-Williams are two examples of that. Citron played the wing when she was in the lineup with Miles, Mabrey, Westbeld and Dodson.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty big on Paulina Paris. I think she may have played in an All Star game last year with Azzi and a bunch of highly touted HS players and stood out. This was a good read

Reaction Score
Also wanted to put the list for the conference best 4s. I disagree with the order, but not the players.

Reaction Score
Also wanted to put the list for the conference best 4s. I disagree with the order, but not the players.

What would be your ranking for comparison?

I'd have Boyd, Soule and Westbeld for 1-3. Haven't seen enough of Utsby and Jones' game however.

Reaction Score
What would be your ranking for comparison?

I'd have Boyd, Soule and Westbeld for 1-3. Haven't seen enough of Utsby and Jones' game however.
Maybe I'm a bit bias after watching a lot of the 3 on 3 this summer, but I really liked what I saw from utsby. She's pretty athletic (can dunk) and is almost like a 3/4. She was really good last season as a sophomore and I just like her versatility the most. So I'd put her at 1 and then Jada Boyd at 2. Not sure if NC State could be a top 2 seed like they've been recently, but with her coming back I don't think being a top 10 team is out of the question. She's going to get major minutes. Then I'd put Maddy at 3, Soule at 4 and Jones at 5. I like Soule. She's super athletic and plays with a huge motor being undersized. I just worry, worry isn't even the right word, but her fit will be interesting on v tech. Similar to u I haven't seen Jones game enough. But it's all preference on my end, the list is good.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a bit bias after watching a lot of the 3 on 3 this summer, but I really liked what I saw from utsby. She's pretty athletic (can dunk) and is almost like a 3/4. She was really good last season as a sophomore and I just like her versatility the most. So I'd put her at 1 and then Jada Boyd at 2. Not sure if NC State could be a top 2 seed like they've been recently, but with her coming back I don't think being a top 10 team is out of the question. She's going to get major minutes. Then I'd put Maddy at 3, Soule at 4 and Jones at 5. I like Soule. She's super athletic and plays with a huge motor being undersized. I just worry, worry isn't even the right word, but her fit will be interesting on v tech. Similar to u I haven't seen Jones game enough. But it's all preference on my end, the list is good.
Wow............she's ahead of Boyd in your opinion? I'll have to see if I can find footage as I don't remember her being that impactful during the tournament.

I get your concern about the fit at VT for Soule, but I think Brooks will utilize her properly. Their roster has had bad luck with forwards after Baines transferred. Now it seems like he has more depth and I believe Soule will help get Kitley freed up a bit more.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah...I think most of those "4s" are guards.

Reaction Score
All these players played the 4 despite the 4 not being their natural position. These rankings show that most ACC teams don't have traditional lineups.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Always interesting to see which players the Coaches decide to bring to this event

WOMEN’S TIPOFF (October 11)

Boston College
Head Coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee
Maria Gakdeng
Dontavia Waggoner

Clemson
Head Coach Amanda Butler
Amari Robinson

Duke
Head Coach Kara Lawson
Reigan Richardson
Celeste Taylor

Florida State
Head Coach Brooke Wyckoff
O’Mariah Gordon
Makayla Timpson

Georgia Tech
Head Coach Nell Fortner
Bianca Jackson
Cameron Swartz

Louisville
Head Coach Jeff Walz
Olivia Cochran
Mykasa Robinson
Hailey Van Lith

Miami
Head Coach Katie Meier
Destiny Harden
Ja’Leah Williams

North Carolina
Head Coach Courtney Banghart
Deja Kelly
Kennedy Todd-Williams

NC State
Head Coach Wes Moore
Jakia Brown-Turner
Diamond Johnson

Notre Dame
Head Coach Niele Ivey
Dara Mabrey
Olivia Miles

Pitt
Head Coach Lance White
Dayshanette Harris
Channise Lewis

Syracuse
Head Coach Felicia Legette-Jack
Dyaisha Fair
Teisha Hyman

Virginia
Head Coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton
Sam Brunelle
Camryn Taylor

Virginia Tech
Head Coach Kenny Brooks
Georgia Amoore
Elizabeth Kitley

Wake Forest
Head Coach Megan Gebbia
Jewel Spear
Olivia Summiel

Reaction Score
Always interesting to see which players the Coaches decide to bring to this event

WOMEN’S TIPOFF (October 11)

Boston College
Head Coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee
Maria Gakdeng
Dontavia Waggoner

Clemson
Head Coach Amanda Butler
Amari Robinson

Duke
Head Coach Kara Lawson
Reigan Richardson
Celeste Taylor

Florida State
Head Coach Brooke Wyckoff
O’Mariah Gordon
Makayla Timpson

Georgia Tech
Head Coach Nell Fortner
Bianca Jackson
Cameron Swartz

Louisville
Head Coach Jeff Walz
Olivia Cochran
Mykasa Robinson
Hailey Van Lith

Miami
Head Coach Katie Meier
Destiny Harden
Ja’Leah Williams

North Carolina
Head Coach Courtney Banghart
Deja Kelly
Kennedy Todd-Williams

NC State
Head Coach Wes Moore
Jakia Brown-Turner
Diamond Johnson

Notre Dame
Head Coach Niele Ivey
Dara Mabrey
Olivia Miles

Pitt
Head Coach Lance White
Dayshanette Harris
Channise Lewis

Syracuse
Head Coach Felicia Legette-Jack
Dyaisha Fair
Teisha Hyman

Virginia
Head Coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton
Sam Brunelle
Camryn Taylor

Virginia Tech
Head Coach Kenny Brooks
Georgia Amoore
Elizabeth Kitley

Wake Forest
Head Coach Megan Gebbia
Jewel Spear
Olivia Summiel

Surprised Richardson is getting the nod ahead of Day-Wilson considering her season last year. And you know how I feel about her ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Surprised Richardson is getting the nod ahead of Day-Wilson considering her season last year. And you know how I feel about her ;)

Maybe they are saving Day-Wilson for the Canadian media days. :D I knew Taylor would be there, figured the other would be either Balogun or DeJesus. Not sure what all goes into those decisions. You see Georgia Tech has two transfers coming.

Reaction Score
Maybe they are saving Day-Wilson for the Canadian media days. :D I knew Taylor would be there, figured the other would be either Balogun or DeJesus. Not sure what all goes into those decisions. You see Georgia Tech has two transfers coming.
I hear you. Just thought they'd want to have their FOY on hand to help with the hype for the upcoming season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech is bringing 2 transfers? I wonder how well that sits with the returning players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom