ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh, heaven help us if the Blue Bellies end up in the pole position. Especially with Big Mouth Banghart at the reigns.

No need to worry. They ain't finishing that high.

Reaction Score
Amazing !

I just found out that FSU has a women's baketball team. Great. That slipped past me.

And they get to be run off the court at he Mohegan Sun by UConn on December 18th.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Been waiting all summer for this to be released

Among the highlights... The 2022 revenge tour is set.... games road games vs Elon and Wake Forest, home games vs Davidson and Wofford . A trip to Puerto Rico to participate in the San Juan Shoot-Out. However, the big game..... an historic event occurs on Wednesday Dec. 21. For the first time in history, a possible Top 20 ACC opponent visits the Panthers Lair. VPI comes to High Point.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to see my Panthers launch 50 3pt'ers vs the Hokies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's 10:15 - checking on that blood pressure reading
Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

A few gripes.... I'd prefer playing in Winston-Salem on a Sunday afternoon rather than a Thursday evening. The first conference home game is the same time as HPU's biggest home game in school history. Dont really like playing Louisville on New Years Day.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Not strong at all.. Especially for a top 15 squad. Three tough games... Nebraska, Tennessee, and High Point

Reaction Score
Okay - can an ACC conference expert explain why home and home match ups for all of the games aren't possible again? Looking through the composite schedule and it feels like fans will be missing out on some intriguing home and home match ups this season. For example, Louisville only play Duke, NC State and Virginia Tech once this season. Doesn't seem right.

I think it's due to the number of games played during the season (non-conference and conference), but not sure if I have that right. I know the BIG10 is in a similar situation. It's perplexing.

Reaction Score
Okay - can an ACC conference expert explain why home and home match ups for all of the games aren't possible again? Looking through the composite schedule and it feels like fans will be missing out on some intriguing home and home match ups this season. For example, Louisville only play Duke, NC State and Virginia Tech once this season. Doesn't seem right.

I think it's due to the number of games played during the season (non-conference and conference), but not sure if I have that right. I know the BIG10 is in similar situation. It's perplexing.
You answered your own question with the 1st sentence of your 2nd paragraph. It would take 28 games if each ACC team play home and home game against other and they wouldn't have a non-conference schedule. The ACC is divided into 3 pod of 5. The teams that are in same pod play each other twice and the rest of the teams once. Louisville is in different pod that NC State, Virginia Tech and Duke, who are in the same pod along with UNC and Virginia.

Reaction Score
You answered your own question with the 1st sentence of your 2nd paragraph. It would take 28 games if each ACC team play home and home game against other and they wouldn't have a non-conference schedule. The ACC is divided into 3 pod of 5. The teams that are in same pod play each other twice and the rest of the teams once. Louisville is in different pod that NC State, Virginia Tech and Duke, who are in the same pod along with UNC and Virginia.
Thanks as I wasn't 100% sure.

Now regarding the pods, this is where the BIG10 format could be better. Below is a link to a video a friend passed on to me via Twitter. The BIG10 doesn't use pods. Instead they set up most of the home and home games based on where the teams ranked the previous season. Based on their format, it seems to set up better match ups during conference play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We knew this day was coming, but its still a sad sad day for us Greensboro residents. The conference was formed here back in 1953 and has remained headquartered here for 69 years.

snoopy.png

Thinking about driving by the ACC office tomorrow and throwing some rotten bananas and peaches on the front lawn.

Reaction Score
Charlotte...the Queen City...is so much better than Greensboro... American Airlines second largest hub (Dallas-Ft. Worth #1)....

Easy to fly in to..a great city to visit....good choice.

Reaction Score

Very interesting list. Really like Deja but she gotta shoot better than 36% from the field this year. Also interesting Mabrey made the list.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Very interesting list. Really like Deja but she gotta shoot better than 36% from the field this year. Also interesting Mabrey made the list.

I'd put Spear ahead of Kelly. I'm not that familiar with Owoso. No way I'd put Mabrey over Celeste Taylor.

Reaction Score
I'd put Spear ahead of Kelly. I'm not that familiar with Owoso. No way I'd put Mabrey over Celeste Taylor.
That's fair as she's coming from the Big 10. She was last year's Ann Meyers Drysdale Shooting Guard award winner. If she wasn't on the list, that would be surprising.

Reaction Score

Any thoughts Day-Wilson being left off @triaddukefan . I like the list. Amore is tough and fair almost lead the nation in scoring I believe. I'm not too familiar with Carr though.
Cavinder twins also got no love, though I think both play the 2 more.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Any thoughts Day-Wilson being left off @triaddukefan . I like the list. Amore is tough and fair almost lead the nation in scoring I believe. I'm not too familiar with Carr though.
Cavinder twins also got no love, though I think both play the 2 more.

I have no issue with Day-Wilson being left off, I can't think of who she would replace on this list. I didn't see much of Syracuse last year, but since Carr is a fifth year player, I'd give her the nod over Day-Wilson. It's gonna be interesting to see how Fair performs this year in a higher level league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom