ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Underwhelming is a better word. I'm kind of surprised actually.
Gotta be concerned about NCAAT seeding in a deep and talented ACC. ND, UNC, NCST, VA Tech, and of course Louisville will all be contenders for the crown. Duke has a lot to prove before they can be included on this list but they certainly have the roster as well, and teams like Georgia Tech can always steal a game or two.

If you’re Wes, you put three big games on the non-con schedule knowing you’re going to take a few Ls in the league. Seems like a calculated measure. I don’t disagree with it. NC State is unlucky to play all three of those matchups on the road, though.

Reaction Score
Gotta be concerned about NCAAT seeding in a deep and talented ACC. ND, UNC, NCST, VA Tech, and of course Louisville will all be contenders for the crown. Duke has a lot to prove before they can be included on this list but they certainly have the roster as well, and teams like Georgia Tech can always steal a game or two.

If you’re Wes, you put three big games on the non-con schedule knowing you’re going to take a few Ls in the league. Seems like a calculated measure. I don’t disagree with it. NC State is unlucky to play all three of those matchups on the road, though.
I get the approach but it still feels underwhelming to me. Compared to last year's non-conference schedule which included South Carolina, Indiana, Maryland and Georgia, I was expecting something similar.

Reaction Score
I get the approach but it still feels underwhelming to me. Compared to last year's non-conference schedule which included South Carolina, Indiana, Maryland and Georgia, I was expecting something similar.
I think it is underwhelming, especially given the cupboard isn’t exactly bare. D. Johnson, Brown-Turner, Boyd, Collins (from MD), Rivers (SC), Baldwin (FSU).

Dawn said in an interview this summer that NCST declined to renew the series with SC which is unfortunate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
An early birthday present

Duke WBB has released its 2022-23 Roster. I have a inkling as to why they waited so long, but anyway... its out. @RoosterC

2022-23 Women's Basketball Roster

A few notes... 6 of the 16 players already have a degree. That's just a sign of the times. Corosdale is listed as a 6-2 G/F, always saw her previously listed as 6'3, and I considered her a F/C. Ashlon Jackson is listed as 6'0".. that's SF size :)

Duke is a team that intrigues me as there's definite talent, also a huge fan of Karas. I'm interested in seeing how they gel this year. Curious as to who you think cracks the starting 5?

My preferred starting lineup is Day-Wilson, Taylor, Balogun, Corosdale, and Brown. I could see a Day-Wilson, Taylor, Richardson, Baolgun, and Brown line-up from Lawson since she values defense more than I.

I'm bullish on this team from Durham... thinking about emailing Coach about putting up a banner in Cameron.

Screenshot_20220721-162349~3.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
High Point released their 22-23 roster as well today. All but one player returns from last year's squad. In fact, the squad looks pretty much intact as the 20-21 NCAA Tourney team. No biases, but My Panthers will be overwhelming favorites to win the Big South and return to the NCAA's.

HPU Roster

Reaction Score
ACC is going to be a war all season. I think the regular season champ will have at least two losses. My top 5: 1. Louisville (Coaching/Experience) 2. VA Tech (Talent) 3. NC (Speed/3pt shooting) 4. ND (Swag) 5. NC ST (Balance/Grit).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ACC is going to be a war all season. I think the regular season champ will have at least two losses. My top 5: 1. Louisville (Coaching/Experience) 2. VA Tech (Talent) 3. NC (Speed/3pt shooting) 4. ND (Swag) 5. NC ST (Balance/Grit).

I can't see State dropping to 5th. They lost alot, but did better than average in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
It does seem like a huge fall, just feel like it's Va Techs time and NC and ND are ascending with young talent. I could see both 1-2 and 3-5 decided by the tie-breaker rules. They are all going to be really good.

Reaction Score
Totally agree, it looks really wide open and definitely could see the regular season champ get bounced in the conference tourney. My top 5 would be
1. UNC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Notre Dame
4. NC State
5. Louisville

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Totally agree, it looks really wide open and definitely could see the regular season champ get bounced in the conference tourney. My top 5 would be
1. UNC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Notre Dame
4. NC State
5. Louisville

I can't agree with that top 5. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure why they can't release a schedule like a normal school. I'll give them credit for coming to Greensboro for a return game vs A&T. Good to see a P5 school come to a HBCU. I might have to attend that game... wearing a Duke Shirt of course.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Now I'm psyched and ready to strap on the blue nikes and hit the court myself..... but sadly my bad shoulder, elbow, hip flexors, and ankle won't allow it. :oops:

Of note, 14 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. Nyah Green is not a member of the team this year but remains a Duke Student.

What has happened with N Green? I was so disappointed when she left Louisville, but of course understood that she wanted to play. She gets to Duke, that isn’t exactly talent rich, and still gets little time. Now, she’s not even playing?

I watched her all through HS as she committed to Louisville so young. I hate that it has not worked out for her.

I hope she is happy, she looked miserable at Louisville.

Reaction Score
Outta nowhere.. This is terrible news for State..

Her low-post game as a wing was lethal, especially when the opponent used a 3 guard lineup against the WP and she was on the floor with 2 of Elissa, KJ, & Camille. She was finally going to start this year after the super-senior COVID rule delayed that for a year.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some good news for fans who dont get the RSN's but do get the ACC Network/ESPN. No more blackouts of the first three days of the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
1. UNC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Notre Dame
4. NC State
5. Louisville
The ACC is looking really fun this year and hard to read. I like this list, although I really wouldn't be surprised if Louisville was at the top and everyone else just slid down one. Debatable hot take but I just think they have the best player and best coach in the conference.
I couldn't remember but it's impressive that the ACC got 8 teams into the tourney last year and I really thought BC deserved to be there to be honest. I think they will get 8 in again but 9 really isn't out of the question. My top 9 are:
1. Louisville
2. UNC
3. VT
4. ND
5. NC State
6. Georgia Tech
7. Duke
8. Miami
9. Syracuse

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
1. UNC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Notre Dame
4. NC State
5. Louisville
Oh, heaven help us if the Blue Bellies end up in the pole position. Especially with Big Mouth Banghart at the reigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom