ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Big10/ACC challenge for the men's side was announced last week (June 24)... while it would be nice if they announced the women's games soon.... last year it was announced a month after the men's.

They usually don't have rematches of previous years, and they try not to have teams host in consecutive years.

Rutgers, Iowa, Nebraska, The Ohio State, Penn State, Northwestern, and Michigan are set to host. Pitt, Wake, Duke, Syracuse, BC, Clemson, and Louisville are set to hit the road.

These were last year's matchups.

21_22_WBB_Challenge_Matchups.jpg

Just to start some convo... what matchups would you like to see this year?

Personally I was hoping that Duke would go up to East Lansing, cause we owe MSU an arse whipping of the highest order :mad:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have always thought the matchups were well balanced. Nothing is perfect and of course teams do not always perform as expected, but I don't remember many lopsided "top 3" of one league against "bottom 3" of the other, if any.

Rutgers looks to be dreadful this year. There are currently 7 on roster; the purported 8th was erased from the site and all articles. Yikes.

Reaction Score
The Big10/ACC challenge for the men's side was announced last week (June 24)... while it would be nice if they announced the women's games soon.... last year it was announced a month after the men's.

They usually don't have rematches of previous years, and they try not to have teams host in consecutive years.

Rutgers, Iowa, Nebraska, The Ohio State, Penn State, Northwestern, and Michigan are set to host. Pitt, Wake, Duke, Syracuse, BC, Clemson, and Louisville are set to hit the road.

These were last year's matchups.

View attachment 77321

Just to start some convo... what matchups would you like to see this year?

Personally I was hoping that Duke would go up to East Lansing, cause we owe MSU an arse whipping of the highest order :mad:

Louisville @ Iowa (Bluder vs Walz), Indiana @ Virginia Tech (Kitley vs Holmes), Maryland @ North Carolina (Meyers vs her old coach) are some I'm thinking of off the top of my head, I'm hoping they will schedule some top teams from each of the leagues against each other as there is potential for some really intriguing matchups

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Here you go @triaddukefan.

3 thoughts.. I can't believe they gave us those scrubs... I figured we would be on the road since we played at home last year ... We owe them a can of whip arse for Dec 2018 4th thought..... Wish they would have given us Michigan State instead... or Rutgers.

Reaction Score

After the harder speech I wasnt expecting their OOC schedule to be easier than last year's. Jk

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The schedule tweet is now unavailable..... they must have heard/read the complaints :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe they're waiting for Kara to first announce WHO is actually on their own roster first....

Reaction Score

I feel like NC is pretty serious this year. Freshman already talking about beating Duke in July

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe they're waiting for Kara to first announce WHO is actually on their own roster first....

Hey hey hey. In due time

I feel like NC is pretty serious this year. Freshman already talking about beating Duke in July

Apparently they dont do drug testing in summer school

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know it's the intent but they did a great job as far as having even matchups. I just hope the matchups Thursday are evenly spread out. The matchups in the bottom three rows are all great.

They did do an excellent job, probably the best they have done. A few observations.. they almost ALWAYS have the best games on Thursday so that they can get full attention as opposed to the Wednesday games which are overshadowed by the Men's games. I would have hoped for a better matchup for Duke, but guess that's what happens when you finish as the 10th seed last year :oops: As I pointed out above, we should be on the road this year... but I guess instead of dog walking the Spartans, we will just have to settle on dog walking the Wildcats.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The official official release

Sets up nice for a Revenge Tour :mad:.. Texas A&M has beaten us 3 straight times, we owe Toledo for beating us when we were ranked #5 back in 2001, Northwestern embarrassed us in Cameron a few years back, Richmond has beaten us three straight times in FOOTBALL, and FGCU whipped our arses a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to some

dog walk.jpg

Reaction Score
The official official release

Sets up nice for a Revenge Tour :mad:.. Texas A&M has beaten us 3 straight times, we owe Toledo for beating us when we were ranked #5 back in 2001, Northwestern embarrassed us in Cameron a few years back, Richmond has beaten us three straight times in FOOTBALL, and FGCU whipped our arses a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to some

View attachment 77544

Woof!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A potential top 25 matchup for the Gobblers. Hopefully they won't fall apart in the 4th quarter like they did last season

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Now I'm psyched and ready to strap on the blue nikes and hit the court myself..... but sadly my bad shoulder, elbow, hip flexors, and ankle won't allow it. :oops:

Of note, 14 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. Nyah Green is not a member of the team this year but remains a Duke Student.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Now I'm psyched and ready to strap on the blue nikes and hit the court myself..... but sadly my bad shoulder, elbow, hip flexors, and ankle won't allow it. :oops:

Of note, 14 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. Nyah Green is not a member of the team this year but remains a Duke Student.

Duke is a team that intrigues me as there's definite talent, also a huge fan of Karas. I'm interested in seeing how they gel this year. Curious as to who you think cracks the starting 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom