abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On 247, Daniel Hamilton was listed as a USC likely commit on that same page AFTER he committed to UConn.

That wasn't Meyer, and they leave crystal ball picks up afterwards for everybody to at least show whether they were wrong or right with their picks.

caw

Reaction Score
We need guards, as we're losing Shabazz, Ryan, and Niels. Ollie has been recruiting perimeter players. We'd be happy with Terrell and Abu both, and there would be playing time for Terrell. Purvis is going to play point guard, they are not directly competitive.

You need at least 3 quality players to cover the SG/SF spots, plus a couple of younger/less heralded players for depth & development (typical roster: 3 point guards, 5 wings, 5 bigs). We have Daniel Hamilton and Omar Calhoun as wings. We need another high-quality wing in class of 2014. That is why Ollie is looking for another wing in this class.

Abu is certainly the top priority, we have to replace Deandre Daniels and he's the only guy capable of doing it. But Terrell would be a valuable recruit also.

All depends in where you slot Purvis. Is he a two or a one or a combo. Right now you have Purvis and Samuel at the one/two and Hamilton/Calhoun at the two/three with the assumption Boatright is gone. The two can be easily covered with players with unique skill sets. While Terrell would be a fantastic get, he is less of a priority than a pure one, IMO. Or even a three/four like Daniels (Robinson/Oubre/Chatman?)

caw

Reaction Score
That wasn't Meyer, and they leave crystal ball picks up afterwards for everybody to at least show whether they were wrong or right with their picks.

It's just silly how often they change their picks, usually for no good reason.

Reaction Score
It's just silly how often they change their picks, usually for no good reason.

I agree with that, Meyer changes his alot, including days before a decision when it becomes more clear where a recruit is going to.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I like Colsons game a lot. Strange he isn't ranked higher. Physical, high motor. Good defensive player

Reaction Score
I like Colsons game a lot. Strange he isn't ranked higher.

Teams are hesitant to rank a 6-foot-5, 190 lb. PF too high. And I can't say that I blame them, no matter how productive he is right now.

caw

Reaction Score
Teams are hesitant to rank a 6-foot-5, 190 lb. PF too high. And I can't say that I blame them, no matter how productive he is right now.
That an most analysts think in terms of pro potential and not simply college potential.

Reaction Score
That an most analysts think in terms of pro potential and not simply college potential.

Well put!

I think this applies to point guards as well. A guy who can't run a team but is super-athletic will get a much higher rating than guys who are a bit undersized but know what the they're doing.

Apropos of everything, Peyton Siva just won a national title.

Reactions: caw

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree Colson has very well-developed low post skills and has long arms that allow him to play more like a 6'8"-6'9" inch player in terms of rebounding, shot blocking and finishing inside.
He doesn't look like a 190 lb. player, his upper body is actually pretty beefy, but he also gets up and down the floor quite well and plays with consistent energy (i.e. has a good motor).He should be very productive as a college player.
That being said, Abu is clearly a stud and I would be very happy with either .

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Adrian Dantley was able to have a Hall of Fame career playing down low at 6'5.

The fact that you had to go back over 20 years to find an example tells you how rare it is.

Reaction Score
Well put!

I think this applies to point guards as well. A guy who can't run a team but is super-athletic will get a much higher rating than guys who are a bit undersized but know what the they're doing.

Apropos of everything, Peyton Siva just won a national title.
Like Bazz.

Reaction Score
Abu is definitely taller than Jeff Adrien- also from New England - who played 4 years at UConn and did for himself quite well. I assume with the similar build that he has and (most probably) better skills set than Adrien's, he will do great things on the hard court, hopefully for at least 3 years. Come to Storrs, baby! We need ya.

Reaction Score
How tall was Barkley?

Barkley was and is 6'5" also don't let anyone kid you. Dantley, Barkley, Aguirre so many good 6'5 guys who just knew how to use their body down low, could shoot it good enough to get their guy away from the basket too....all tough as nails. In college guys like McCready, Abrahms, Middleton were always our nemesis, small undersized low post players who bodied their way to excellent careers in the Big East!!

If Colson has that kind of ability and a nose for the ball I'll take him in a second!

Reaction Score
Barkley was and is 6'5" also don't let anyone kid you. Dantley, Barkley, Aguirre so many good 6'5 guys who just knew how to use their body down low, could shoot it good enough to get their guy away from the basket too..

That's the key right there being a mulitdimensional player - physical down low with the ability to be an effective shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom