abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Women/girls may flock to him if he is perceived as a "guru" at anything including hoops recruiting. Follow your passion and the money will follow. When the money follows the women/girls will follow! Its a simple recipe! $$$$$

Reaction Score
i think we land them
The problem is we don't really want them both. We don't need Terrell at all, and if he wants to play right away we're not a good option.

caw

Reaction Score

Jerry Meyer's crystal ball is worth diddly squat until about 2-3 days before the kid announces, sometimes 24 hours. That's usually when he changes it to the correct pick. It's a complete guess until then.

3's guess is as good as Jerry's right now. Abu probably has a weeks, if not months, before he announces. Ollie is probably the sole head coach that has been on Abu more than Cooley (to Cooley's recruiting credit). 3 is right on that, this seems to be the guy Ollie wants more than any other (non-verbal, so not counting Hamilton).

Of course who knows how things will play out. Recruiting is a fickle game as UL just found out.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

The only thing that matters is what line those two or any recruits sign in November or next spring.

Reaction Score
The problem is we don't really want them both. We don't need Terrell at all, and if he wants to play right away we're not a good option.

Count me among those surprised that Terrell gets written off on here so often. I think he's going to be a hell of a college player.

Reaction Score
Count me among those surprised that Terrell gets written off on here so often. I think he's going to be a hell of a college player.

I'm with you. When I saw videos of him he actually reminds me a lot of wayne selden, who's going to KU this year. Big powerful 2g that plays aggressive on both sides of the ball

Reaction Score
My only question is why did he change it, what new info does he have that made him change his mind?

Reaction Score
If we lose out on all 5 relevant New England kids, it'll be hard to say that the conference affiliation doesn't matter. "Big East" still means something.

Of course, I wouldn't be crushed if we "only" got Colson. I suspect he's going to be very good.

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to minimize his talent at all. He's just very much like Purvis, even talking about transitioning to the point like Purvis is. And he is not as good as Hamilton, Hamilton is going to be a flat out stud. It's also realistic that Omar is here as a junior.

I don't think he wants to come here anymore than we want him. We really need Abu to be willing to play at a different school.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
If we lose out on all 5 relevant New England kids, it'll be hard to say that the conference affiliation doesn't matter. "Big East" still means something.

Of course, I wouldn't be crushed if we "only" got Colson. I suspect he's going to be very good.

I think that has a lot to do with it. The big east is still a good basketball conference with or without uconn and is the reason pc now has a little more pull in new England with recruits then they did in the past with us in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to minimize his talent at all. He's just very much like Purvis, even talking about transitioning to the point like Purvis is. And he is not as good as Hamilton, Hamilton is going to be a flat out stud. It's also realistic that Omar is here as a junior.

I don't think he's anything like Hamilton. He seems like a Dion Waiters type player to me or, gulp, Paul Harris. And those big, strong 6-3 ish guards can dominate people physically in college.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's anything like Hamilton. He seems like a Dion Waiters type player to me or, gulp, Paul Harris. And those big, strong 6-3 ish guards can dominate people physically in college.
Yeah, you're describing Rodney Purvis. That's why we don't need Terrell.

Reaction Score

So far we have 2 players slotted for 2014 and both are 5-stars. We are still months away from the early signing period and in the mix for a lot more. If Ollie continues to land top 20 kids from outside the region it won't bother me one bit if we strike out on every New England kid.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just don't think we're in a place where we "don't need" kids like that.
Kids like what? He's a shooting guard. I'm not sure how anyone could look at our 2014 roster objectively and not concede that shooting guard is our position of least need.

But again, as I have mentioned a couple of times, this is just as much about him not wanting to come here as it is about us not needing him. This kid wants to play, and he is looking at our 2014 roster and seeing that we have a junior 3 year starter in Calhoun who can play shooting guard, and 2 recruits in his own class that can both play shooting guard.

Reaction Score
So far we have 2 players slotted for 2014 and both are 5-stars. We are still months away from the early signing period and in the mix for a lot more. If Ollie continues to land top 20 kids from outside the region it won't bother me one bit if we strike out on every New England kid.

yea I guess he has a preference since he keeps hammering on that point but as long as we have talented players on the team I could give a damn where they come from. Since JC turned UConn into a power its never been about having the best players from NE on the team.

Reaction Score

Agree with this 100%. East coast, west coast, midwest, Germany - who cares? I certainly would love to get a couple of the New England kids, but if Ollie rounds out the class with Devin Robinson and another of the west coast kids is anyone really going to be upset?

pj

Reaction Score

I don't think he wants to come here anymore than we want him. We really need Abu to be willing to play at a different school.

We need guards, as we're losing Shabazz, Ryan, and Niels. Ollie has been recruiting perimeter players. We'd be happy with Terrell and Abu both, and there would be playing time for Terrell. Purvis is going to play point guard, they are not directly competitive.

You need at least 3 quality players to cover the SG/SF spots, plus a couple of younger/less heralded players for depth & development (typical roster: 3 point guards, 5 wings, 5 bigs). We have Daniel Hamilton and Omar Calhoun as wings. We need another high-quality wing in class of 2014. That is why Ollie is looking for another wing in this class.

Abu is certainly the top priority, we have to replace Deandre Daniels and he's the only guy capable of doing it. But Terrell would be a valuable recruit also.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well then....

Still think we're the leader, but who knows.

Reaction Score

On 247, Daniel Hamilton was listed as a USC likely commit on that same page AFTER he committed to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom